Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I love how Ted Cruz, one of the most ambitious politicians of our time, forgot to learn one of the most important lessons of politics: You need allies to get anything done.

The guy who thinks he's the smartest man in whatever room he's in actually completely fucked his entire life by being incredibly stupid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes, about 35% of Republican primary voters nationwide.
    He is far too religious for my tastes. Other than that he is alright, ish.

Kind of slimy.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How? Bush built a fence on the boarder, which both Hillary and Obama voted for. His healthcare plan is completley what Harritage has been pushing sense ACA. His 'bomb the shit out of them and give their oil to Exxon' is confirming every conspiracy theory of our intent in Middle East. His tax cuts are exactly, if not more so, what republicans have been proposing for decades. He has called Clinton's his good friends and were invited to his wedding. He has complained that his million donation to McCain has not won him the presidency.
    He is the only one really focusing on trying to bring jobs back to USA and trying to keep the jobs we already have. The fence you are talking about was never finished (or was never meant to cover the whole border) although the money was allocated. The "bomb the shit out of them and give their oil to Exxon" (which isn't going to happen, even if he is elected) would help the "common man" because it would probably lower gas prices (although I don't support that policy). Tax cuts tend to help everyone (at least if you pay taxes they do). He was a fool to give Mc Cain any money, because it was obviously a losing cause from the start.

I don't agree with everything the man says or does and I am not even sure I would vote for him (it is too early for me to favor someone, I have to see how it plays out), but after looking at Cruz and Hillary- I believe that Trump is the most focused on trying to help the "common man." I actually expect Hillary to start claiming the same thing after her phony war and women and attempt to play the race card fail. I do not expect much policy discussion from Cruz as I am sure he is busy picking out the rest of his administration and cabinet after his VP pick came the day after it became mathematically impossible for him to secure enough delegates to win the nomination.

It is kind of funny that Boehner would call Cruz "satan" though as most people view Boehner as total slime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    He is the only one really focusing on trying to bring jobs back to USA and trying to keep the jobs we already have. The fence you are talking about was never finished (or was never meant to cover the whole border) although the money was allocated. The "bomb the shit out of them and give their oil to Exxon" (which isn't going to happen, even if he is elected) would help the "common man" because it would probably lower gas prices (although I don't support that policy). Tax cuts tend to help everyone (at least if you pay taxes they do). He was a fool to give Mc Cain any money, because it was obviously a losing cause from the start.
    Bringing jobs back, by listing on his site how will make it easier for corporation to establish in China? Hillary, Cruz, Garry Johnson, Jill Stein, Bernie Sanders, John McAffie and a lot of other candidates actually list extensive information on how they plan to bring jobs back. Not focusing on trickle down, by cutting taxes and making loopholes part of the tax code. Instead, by empowering American workers to get jobs.

Taking the oil for US would lower prices, giving oil to Exxon just makes it profitable for them, while we pay for the bombs and our soldiers drop the bombs.

He is a fool.

I don't agree with everything the man says or does and I am not even sure I would vote for him (it is too early for me to favor someone, I have to see how it plays out), but after looking at Cruz and Hillary- I believe that Trump is the most focused on trying to help the "common man." I actually expect Hillary to start claiming the same thing after her phony war and women and attempt to play the race card fail. I do not expect much policy discussion from Cruz as I am sure he is busy picking out the rest of his administration and cabinet after his VP pick came the day after it became mathematically impossible for him to secure enough delegates to win the nomination.
    You are not discussing policy. War on women or any race card, is not part of Hillary's extensive policy list you can find on her site. Trump's site lists nothing but spending increases and tax revenue cuts. Instead of bullshit rhetoric, just go to their sites and check the policy of candidates.

It is kind of funny that Boehner would call Cruz "satan" though as most people view Boehner as total slime.
    It's par for the course... Cruz cost Boehner his job...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If you think Trump or Cruz represent the "common folk", then the issue is really illusions of grandeur. When did a NY elite, reality show celebrity, who values his name at 3 billion, become the representation of "common folk"? It's oligarch versus establishment, not common folk...

- - - Updated - - -

I've never seen an oligarch like Trump, be argued as common folk. That's what being a celebrity gets you...
    Trump identifies with the common folk by his demeanor. Not his wealthy life style. No matter what any one says about it, as you hate him, he is getting a lot of support from the blue collar workers and common families. He is not politically correct in his speech and tells it like he feels rather than keeping that part covered and telling a bunch of political bullshit just to keep certain special interest groups and people happy..

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I think it's a distinct possibility the GOP establishment is quietly hedging their bets with Clinton. fuck knows she's a name change away from being them.
    One of the kochs said the other day said that he thinks Clinton would be the best choice for president than the rest of the current choices. Everyone knows shes diet republican and pretty close to where Reagan was on the political spectrum but when your opponents are Trump/Cruz/Kasich (hes just as extremist/angry as the rest, he just doing a better job hiding it) that should tell you how far out in right field the republicans have become since "Saint" Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Well then that's hilarious. Or at least it's exactly the way I'd expect someone to react who had worked with Ted Cruz. I mean not even Cruz's daughter can stand him.
    To be fair, his daughter is like autistic or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why couldn't he go for flair and call him Beelzebot?

Then we could of had a Golden Fiddle contest for the presidency.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the by, this is kind of a fun interactive graphic that lets you play with demographic turnout and vote assumptions to see what side of the fence the various states end up on and the eventual electoral results:

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...-the-election/
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I mean its obvious that other politicians completely despise Cruz because he actually DOES stand by his principles and wont support his own party if it goes against his ideology. Politicians go absolutely nuts when you're dissenting on a bill they want passed and Cruz pretty much opposed every piece of legislation Bohener supported. So yea Boehner and most other republicans probably hate Cruz more than Obama because he's expected to tow the party line in those types of situations.

The problem is that Cruz's ideology is more suited for being a Mullah in a middle eastern theocracy rather than president of a western country

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Trump identifies with the common folk by his demeanor. Not his wealthy life style. No matter what any one says about it, as you hate him, he is getting a lot of support from the blue collar workers and common families. He is not politically correct in his speech and tells it like he feels rather than keeping that part covered and telling a bunch of political bullshit just to keep certain special interest groups and people happy..
    What you are suggesting is that 'common folk' are all about style over substance? He also does tell a bunch of political bullshit just to keep certain special interest groups and people happy. His campaign manager is a former booster for Koch brother's prosperity for America super pac. Look at his comments on religion and speech with Palin, his 'give their oil to Exxon'...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Then we could of had a Golden Fiddle contest for the presidency.
    It's mostly for show.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's true. Trump appears -HUMAN-, not a script reading robot. He has strengths, he has gaffs, he isn't politically polished.

You relate to people who appear human, not stiff fake people.

Believe whatever you will. The infowars is actually just a report with quotes from an interview with a former CIA official. I think I will take the CIA officials word over your wealth of knowledge on this subject.
    What official?
    I thought he was a former CIA officer.
    That is what you claimed at least.

Deleted
    But did he mean it as a compliment or insult?

You're right. It hasn't happened yet, so obviously it will never happen. Makes perfect sense. I have to wonder why we monitor ISIS at all really. After all, they have yet to execute a terrorist attack in the US, so it will obviously never happen.
    Weshould be starting and build a dome over our country! Just because the sky never fell down on us before doesn't mean it couldn't happen!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renathras View Post
    Wow, reading comprehension fail?

I didn't say "by the number of enemies". I said "by the enemies". Then I listed specific groups. Which means it's obvious to anyone with a sense of reason more advanced than a 10 year old that I clearly meant the specific groups of people that declare enmity with him.

Given your snarky response (also, Goodwin much?), maybe you're still in the grade school level of reason, though. You're...9? 10?
    That would be still above the level of people who can be awed by senseless quotes they do not comprehend.
    The quote you brought up sounds good - until you stop and think for a second, then the amound of stupility it takes to take it literal becomes horrifying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take offense to people using my name and image in an attempt to villainize this pathetic human. While he may be vile, he is not me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Trump identifies with the common folk by his demeanor. Not his wealthy life style. No matter what any one says about it, as you hate him, he is getting a lot of support from the blue collar workers and common families.

He can pretend that he is able to identify with common folk, but these lifestyles are two different worlds. People like Donald Trump or people with half or a quarter of the money Trump has, have privat jets. They travel to f-cking Cannes next month to party, f-ck and rub shoulders with equals because f-ck, why wouldn't they ? Whenever celebrities try to pull the "I buy at Target, just like you !" and the tabloids go "Attention whore buys at Target, they're just like us !", I get internal groanfestivation. They are not like us.

I'm fine with Donald Trump pretending to be "just like us", it's a strategy. I take more issue with the audience believing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Ted Cruz is a theocrat, and that isn't sarcasm his platform extends little beyond attempting to turn the nation into a theocracy.

You think that can win, with the most punchable face in the country?
    If it isn't sarcasm, it's definitely hyperbole. Ted Cruz having strong religious convictions does not make him a Theocrat, and nothing he has said or done points to him wanting to make the US into a theocracy.

Ted Cruz is by far the most pro-constitution candidate in the race, which guarantees religious freedom. I've not read anything Cruz has said that would lead to him replacing the constitution with the Bible or instituting a state religion, have you?

As for him having a punchable face, there's this tendancy for people who disdain another person to see that person's face as punchable. Perhaps your face falls into that category with some of the people who know you? Does this somehow make you less qualified to do what you do? Ad hominem attacks like this have a place among friends who think like you do. Ted Cruz isn't a handsome man by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't think he has a punchable face. At the end of the day, it may be an opinion that many share, but it really doesn't really speak to whether or not he could be elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I love how Ted Cruz, one of the most ambitious politicians of our time, forgot to learn one of the most important lessons of politics: You need allies to get anything done.

The guy who thinks he's the smartest man in whatever room he's in actually completely fucked his entire life by being incredibly stupid.
    Loved your thread about our air power. Thanks for posting that.

Ted Cruz does have allies in the both the Senate and the House of Representatives. He's worked with and passed several bills since being there.

His biggest ally should be the American people. Ted Cruz's job as president is to take his case to the American people. The American people then put pressure on their representatives to pass bills that Ted Cruz wants passed. Obama has been very successful at shining a spotlight on republican "obstructionism", which has led the republicans to passing almost all of the legislation he and the democrats have pushed. Though their methods would be different, there's little reason to think Cruz wouldn't also be able to influence congress if he goes through the people.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    I mean its obvious that other politicians completely despise Cruz because he actually DOES stand by his principles and wont support his own party if it goes against his ideology. Politicians go absolutely nuts when you're dissenting on a bill they want passed and Cruz pretty much opposed every piece of legislation Bohener supported. So yea Boehner and most other republicans probably hate Cruz more than Obama because he's expected to tow the party line in those types of situations.

The problem is that Cruz's ideology is more suited for being a Mullah in a middle eastern theocracy rather than president of a western country
    The first part of what you said I 100% agree with. Say what you will about Ted Cruz, he stands by his principles. People may disagree with those principles, but he is a man of his word.

The second part of your response is hyperbole. As I stated above, I don't see how you can honestly compare Ted Cruz ideologies with a Mullah in the middle east.

I am very familiar with Ted Cruz's speeches and his platforms. I've never once heard him say he wants to replace our governmental system with the bible, or declare a state religion for the US. Saying the US is a Christian nation does not mean that Christianity is the state religion, nor does it mean people would be forced to practice it. That has never been the case. Having to view religious symbols, hear a prayer, discover a bible in your hotel room, etc, isn't forcing you to participate. Having criminal charges brought against you if you didn't participate, however, would be forcing you. Something I've not personally seen in the US, nor would I ever agree with.

If you want the right to live how you want to live, Ted Cruz really is the best candidate. He is all about limited government. He believes in Federalism, which puts power back to the state and local governments, where it should be. Each state and locality should be different and have different laws that fit the desires and needs of the people who live there. That's true representation. A big government forcing itself on the citizens in the states infringes on the rights and liberty of far more people than state and local governments ever would.

People are okay with the government being big and powerful as long as it's pushing what they believe in.
    Last edited by Derecho; 2016-04-29 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Weshould be starting and build a dome over our country! Just because the sky never fell down on us before doesn't mean it couldn't happen!

- - - Updated - - -
    You equate the threat of ISIS to the sky falling? Really? I think there are a lot of people that have been beheaded, burned alive in cages, kidnapped and killed in terrorist attacks by ISIS might disagree with you on that one- but if that is where your head is at........

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    What official?
    I thought he was a former CIA officer.
    That is what you claimed at least.
    Even as a former official, he had access to knowledge and information that we do not. I will take his word over the word of random people posting in this forum.