My gosh, I don't know what's worse : getting pugged with 4 guild members that don't even talk to you even tho you're like talking to them ... or having the tank (premade with the others) leave the instance and rage at his healer "fucking noob l2p".

o.o

I just wanted to pew pew with void bolt

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    My gosh, I don't know what's worse : getting pugged with 4 guild members that don't even talk to you even tho you're like talking to them ... or having the tank (premade with the others) leave the instance and rage at his healer "fucking noob l2p".

o.o

I just wanted to pew pew with void bolt
    Haha yeah I hate getting in to a dungeon and being all excited to finally get some PVE stuff and then the group just flops. Feelrealbadmaniahteit.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquila View Post
    Happy: Void Bolt, Void Torrent, Sphere of insanity, Shadow Word: Death

Mostly Happy: Shadowcrash (I want a bigger explosion when the projectile lands) / Mind Blast (Hope they make the new animation more visible)

Neutral
    : Dots (They are mostly ok but they could at least make a little animation for when you cast the dot on the enemy)

Unhappy: Mind Flay (Hated when they changed the animation back then, and i still hate all these years) If they could use one of the unused animation of Void Torrent would be awsome. / Power Word:Shield (They could have changed to a more dark purple tone)

Score: 8/10
    I'd like to see the beam on Void Torrent improved. It doesn't feel like his has enough oomph to match the damage of the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    Oh man, I agree here. Would be very cool.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that is a good list. I want a glyph for old mind flay.
    I like the idea. They could make a glyph to use the old animation or at least the insanity mind flay we current have in WoD

I just realised that we're at the page 276... gosh we talked a lot.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I just realised that we're at the page 276... gosh we talked a lot.
    Yeah, our legion topic is the one with the most pages. The prot paladin one is not valid since they merged WoD and Legion. <3

About lore: I hope that with Anduin being an adult now, he starts to train more his shadow powers, so he can become more pragmatic and less pacifist towards his enemies. This way we can have a major character representing us shadow priests too =)

Would be so cool to see him in a cinematic killing several demons with shadow powers <3
    Last edited by Chantique; 2016-04-29 at 03:06 AM.

276 huh? Says 138 for me. I also have max posts per page enabled as well, i prefer it this way.

Honestly, i'd rather have garrosh represent us than Anduin. I don't like that character at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    276 huh? Says 138 for me. I also have max posts per page enabled as well, i prefer it this way.

Honestly, i'd rather have garrosh represent us than Anduin. I don't like that character at all.
    Hearthstone needs a new Priest skin. Personally, I'd recommend someone like in my Avatar over there on the left.

Maybe that's why they put Genn up in the spotlight? Anduin seems to be nothing more than a public figure.

Yeah, I agree. Although you have to admit, seeing all the stuff happened in Pandaria, that Anduin actually has balls, unlike garrosh, who is nothing but a failure in every possible scenario - unless this scenario involves manabombing civilians, of course. #RememberTheramore
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Also another thing to add about Sphere of Insanity:

Noticed that while it is active and your direct damage is ticking, the duplicated % dmg is visually translated as small vanilla shadowbolts. This animation is consistent throughout voidform and even more tense on multidot.

However, the good thing is that the shadowbolt animation is definitely a placeholder. If you remember, that was precisely how Shadowy Apparitions looked like in Cata beta before they got their first actual animation (the shadowy copy walking towards the target back then).

What I am getting at is, given the frequency of the graphic and the fact that it will be changed, I expect the final animation to add a lot to our visual arsenal. I would personally see that graphic being Void lightning of sorts as the "weird sound" somewhat implies.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    What I am getting at is, given the frequency of the graphic and the fact that it will be changed, I expect the final animation to add a lot to our visual arsenal. I would personally see that graphic being Void lightning of sorts as the "weird sound" somewhat implies.
    That's... sad. Volleys of shadowbolts was the only thing I liked in SoI...

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    That's... sad. Volleys of shadowbolts was the only thing I liked in SoI...
    Well, there should be something better replacing that. These shadowbolts are the most basic shadow spell in the game as it is the exact same graphic the Shadow-element wand has on it's projectiles.

If they change this, fix Power Word: Shield and do something about Power Infusion for Shadow, we are at a very very good place. Added that we are no longer PvE underdogs too of course (never PvPed so no opinion there).

Well, there should be something better replacing that. These shadowbolts are the most basic shadow spell in the game as it is the exact same graphic the Shadow-element wand has on it's projectiles.
    How about the dark void lightning used by Yogg-Saron for some abilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    How about the dark void lightning used by Yogg-Saron for some abilities?
    Dunno, don't you think that if Blizzard replace shadowbolts with shadow lightnings, not only we would look like a carbon copy of elem sham, but also everyone will be avoiding shadow priests as a cancer because it generatess way too much visual noise in raids? Imagine having 3-4 shadow priests in a mythic raid on a boss which has lots of adds... like, I get a headache just imagining that picture lol.

I expect SoI gets buffed, is totally garbage actually and Blizz says nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquila View Post
    Yeah, our legion topic is the one with the most pages. The prot paladin one is not valid since they merged WoD and Legion. <3

About lore: I hope that with Anduin being an adult now, he starts to train more his shadow powers, so he can become more pragmatic and less pacifist towards his enemies. This way we can have a major character representing us shadow priests too =)

Would be so cool to see him in a cinematic killing several demons with shadow powers <3
    What is better is that the vast majority of these posts are constructive.

But if Anduin becomes THE current lore Shadow Priest, then he will have to become almost a Thrall "for faction balance".

- - - Updated - - -

If they change this, fix Power Word: Shield and do something about Power Infusion for Shadow, we are at a very very good place. Added that we are no longer PvE underdogs too of course (never PvPed so no opinion there).
    I'm l33t on this one. The amount of visual noise from just the basic projectiles has the potential to be annoying.

Imagine just DoTing 10 targets, then MF with high VF stacks. It would be like a constant barrage of black spots covering the screen. This is an extreme case, but it outlines the rare case of multiple SPriests.

SoI having very little graphics is fine, since, like DoTs, it is continuous passive damage.

Also another thing to add about Sphere of Insanity:

Noticed that while it is active and your direct damage is ticking, the duplicated % dmg is visually translated as small vanilla shadowbolts. This animation is consistent throughout voidform and even more tense on multidot.

However, the good thing is that the shadowbolt animation is definitely a placeholder. If you remember, that was precisely how Shadowy Apparitions looked like in Cata beta before they got their first actual animation (the shadowy copy walking towards the target back then).

I hope you're right. But who knows.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    I'm l33t on this one. The amount of visual noise from just the basic projectiles has the potential to be annoying.

Imagine just DoTing 10 targets, then MF with high VF stacks. It would be like a constant barrage of black spots covering the screen. This is an extreme case, but it outlines the rare case of multiple SPriests.

SoI having very little graphics is fine, since, like DoTs, it is continuous passive damage.
    Won't necessarily be annoying. That is precisely why I gave the Void Lightning example. Imagine instead of projectiles, connecting small purple lightning-like lines to the targets instead. Technically, it will be a lighter animation than the mini shadowbolts, but aesthetically it will be gorgeous.

I cannot find a picture at the moment, however, the animation I am talking about already exists in-game and it's been done by those Shadowmoon cultists on the gravestones and sometimes on the player.

Anboni posted a video about how to max your Void Torrent Damage. For those who don't know him, he is a top pvp player on EU. Maybe this information is nothing new to the people that are playing alpha but will help people that didn't had enough time to take a look into legion shadow mechanics yet.

3 Things i found interesting.

1 - I didn't knew how big of a dps haste could be when you stack it for Void Torrent
    2 - Power infusion could be use not only for the haste but to set up a really huge Void Torrent
    3 - I can't even imagine how much damage a Void Torrent with STM + Power infusion can do at over 100 stacks

About STM, i'm still a little sad that i won't be able to use it. The talent grown on me in the last weeks but its a talent that requires your a nice rig for steady FPS (altough i have upgraded my pc this week so FPS should be covered) But also requires to have a low and steady MS (something dificult to achieve in a Brazilian Realm and some parts of EU and oceania)

They could have went to something like "after STM ends, you move 70% slower and healing effects are reduced by 95% for 3m" Would still be a harsh penality but not harsh for those who can't use the full potential of the talent because of external factors. I'm not saying that death is bad thing by no means, i just think is a bit too harsh.

Mind Spike is garbage and LoTV... Well i will quote a recent post on the alpha here that will explain better. Thanks to Ejeria for the feedback.

"I ran Lua code to track my Voidform up-time without using Shadow Word: Death. With Mind Spike my uptime was 63% and with Legacy of the Void it was 66%. You stay in Voidform longer by starting at 100 insanity than you do at 60, but at 60 you go in and out more often. Both scenarios are about equal. It's nice that I can enter Voidform earlier with Legacy of the Void, but it does almost nothing to increase my DPS. Even Mind Spike doesn't do that much more than Mind Flay. Neither talent is particularly amazing for overall DPS. I imagine everybody is going to take Surrender to Madness for raiding. Legacy of the Void and Mind Spike need some love."

And thanks Isentropy again for additional insight on the matter

"This is very true. More and more people are figuring out just how strong Surrender to Madness is. It's probably the strongest cooldown in the game when used at the correct time, and even on progress we'll end up having to use it because as you said Mind Spike and Legacy of the Void just aren't very big DPS increases. For Mind Spike you could argue it's a matter of tuning, but Legacy of the Void can't really be tuned as such. It needs an additional effect or something. And as we get more gear we'll just end up using Surrender to Madness on practically every fight, simply because it'll be the only DPS increase on the row."
    Last edited by Chantique; 2016-04-29 at 02:16 PM.