Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    A few times it has been stated that items without such restrictions, but which were available only on a specific selection would have them added.
    That has come as a consequence of the wardrobe.

Though some will have changed it before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Isn't it a white item? Could it even be used for transmog?
    That restriction no longer applies, and it doesn't even exclude them fully in the current game as there are several white items eligible.
    In addition to I think anything labelled as cosmetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    A few times it has been stated that items without such restrictions, but which were available only on a specific selection would have them added.
    Now I start worrying, I faction changed my paladin (back in WOTLK because I found alliance raiding guild) but I was still sometimes using Blood Tempered Ranseur, do you think it'll be restricted to Blood Elf only?

People actually paid for faction changes just so they could get the hat?

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Well then that makes it even dumber if people have already started paying for faction/char change for that hat..
    Or ever, dumb if people paid transfer money for... a hat. a pixel hat.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    You pay money for a pixel game every month. People pay money for pixel mounts from the store. This is such a dumb argument. "Hurrdurrdurr it's made of pixels and therefore you are dumb for paying for it"

Deleted
    Eh, I don't know. Many things we pay for are temporary or inconsequential. Spend money on a beer - piss it all out after an hour. Spend money on a flower - it wilts in a day or two and is lost. You know, it would be deep how fleeting those things are, if it weren't so banal.

So, yeah. An in-game top hat. I'd rather spend that $25 on a bottle of Scotch, but who am I to judge a guy who just wants to have a sweet hat in WoW.

What about the High Society Top Hat? Can we finally transmog it?

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    You pay money for a pixel game every month. People pay money for pixel mounts from the store. This is such a dumb argument. "Hurrdurrdurr it's made of pixels and therefore you are dumb for paying for it"
    More of the THAT much money for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    People actually paid for faction changes just so they could get the hat?
    It's not necessarily that people faction or race changed to get the hat as every character that started out worgen and is now something else gets hit by this. My rogue started life as a worgen. He's now a Horde pandaren. Pre-patch hits and he loses his hat it seems. I've got a few other characters that are worgen, all with their hats tucked away in their banks. Should they ever race or faction change for any reason they too lose their hats.

But I guess you don't get to feign surprise and superiority if you consider that.

Now I start worrying, I faction changed my paladin (back in WOTLK because I found alliance raiding guild) but I was still sometimes using Blood Tempered Ranseur, do you think it'll be restricted to Blood Elf only?
    Yes, according to the Wowhead Legion page for the item, is is marked as Blood Elf Paladin only.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=25464...mpered-ranseur

Perhaps you could open a ticket once the feature is implemented, and you make certain it isn't available in the wardrobe.
    And ask for it to be unlocked if blizzard are able to do that, so it will at least remain available to that combination.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=29329/terokks-quill has the same model, but a different colouring.
    That remains available, and without restrictions beyond it being a polearm.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-04-29 at 03:35 PM.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Yes, according to the Wowhead Legion page for the item, is is marked as Blood Elf Paladin only.
    Oh well, that's lame. They let us keep items from faction changing for so many years and now we'll be denied from using them. I can understand class restrictions since there's no paid class change and for example if you have the warlock horns they don't want suddenly to allow you mogging it on every priest or mage alt because this item was never obtainable by those other classes.

Faction restrictions make sense in case of pvp gear or t9 but they have opposite faction recolours / models to use.

But racial restrictions?

I can maybe understand the blood knight tabard and the draenei tabard. They're extremely racial specific. You wouldn't want your tauren or human run around with a logo of the silvermoon order of blood knights. But other things?

If I have the lightsaber only gnome warrior can get it means it's gonna be restricted to gnomes?

...Well f*** me, it is.
    http://legion.wowhead.com/item=59039/very-light-sabre

Goddamnit.

I wonder what else I'm gonna suddenly find unusable on either alts or chars I race / faction changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    they had to make it exclusive to worgens because its the only helm that doesnt clip on our heads. its not fair other people get to wear it.

Truly the straw that broke the camel's back.

Well guess this is the fallout from the new transmog system. That hat would be easier to get with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Macedonicus View Post
    they had to make it exclusive to worgens because its the only helm that doesnt clip on our heads.
    Male or female worgen? Because at least on female worgens there are a few helmets that fit on the head properly. Warsong one from the garrison set is fine. SOO priest lookalike helmet looks better on worgens than non worgens imho.

But indeed a lot of helmets just suck on worgens. Most plate ones. Brimmed hats. I'd say headbands, but tbh headbands look awful on half the races with new models (check human male...)

It's not only worgen problem though. Taurens and pandas have problems with distorted helmets too. Facewraps on goblins... they looks as if you always have the longest nose so if you have shorter one they float in the air.

And then we wonder how majority of players default to Humans and Blood Elves.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=25464...mpered-ranseur

Perhaps you could open a ticket once the feature is implemented, and you make certain it isn't available in the wardrobe.
    And ask for it to be unlocked if blizzard are able to do that, so it will at least remain available to that combination.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=29329/terokks-quill has the same model, but a different colouring.
    That remains available, and without restrictions beyond it being a polearm.
    Oh well, that's lame. They let us keep items from faction changing for so many years and now we'll be denied from using them. I can understand class restrictions since there's no paid class change and for example if you have the warlock horns they don't want suddenly to allow you mogging it on every priest or mage alt because this item was never obtainable by those other classes.

Faction restrictions make sense in case of pvp gear or t9 but they have opposite faction recolours / models to use.

But racial restrictions?

I can maybe understand the blood knight tabard and the draenei tabard. They're extremely racial specific. You wouldn't want your tauren or human run around with a logo of the silvermoon order of blood knights. But other things?

If I have the lightsaber only gnome warrior can get it means it's gonna be restricted to gnomes?

...Well f*** me, it is.

Goddamnit.

I wonder what else I'm gonna suddenly find unusable on either alts or chars I race / faction changed.
    Lmao this is fucking ridiculous. When everyone realizes the gravity of this there's gonna be a shitstorm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell would Blizz even expend the energy to make these changes? Jesus, it seems silly, but pure spite is the only reason that even remotely makes a lick of sense.

"We'll remove the restrictions on character xmog, but we're gonna add new, worse restrictions to every piece of gear."

Why can't they just give people what they asked for?
    Player housing? How about these garrison clusterfucks!
    Legacy servers? We'll think about maybe "pristine" servers, and then say no.
    More customization? LOL GTFO!
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Sucks, but its not like its a cosmetic item.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

As long as the transmog unlocks for all worgen characters on the account it's all good.

But racial restrictions?

...Well f*** me, it is.

Goddamnit.

Best way to figure that out in advance is to go checking the items on the wowhead legion pages unfortunately.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Lmao this is fucking ridiculous. When everyone realizes the gravity of this there's gonna be a shitstorm.
    Anyone keeping up with the news should have realised this already, if perhaps not attributing it to all affected items they own.