Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My 2 cents:
    I've got the set legitimatelly (though it was at the end of the expansion and with a very experienced leader). It was a very fun and rewarding experience.
    I'm perfectly fine with the sets being brought back that way (recolored and less flashy). I'm just a bit disappointed. I'd rather have recolors coming from another season of CMs, and the Order Hall sets being something like remakes of iconic class sets (like Judgement, Onslaught and Bloodfang, for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    They look like garbage compared to CM sets anyway.

Warrior has worse shoulders
    Paladin has no wings or awesome color
    Druid looks plain as garbage, no tendrils or colors. Seriously this remake is total trash compared to the CM one.
    Hunter has no cool shoulder, just looks like some random dungeon set

They probably don't even have the animations or light up.

The only thing cool is the warrior's actual color, but the models for each of them are way more basic and plain. No cool identifiers.

It's an ok compromise I guess. I'd rather not have semi-copies at all however.
    The sets are an embodiment of each class "fantasy", too. Their alterations are enough to be able to easily see the difference between the CM set and the Order Hall set. Solid compromise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    These are not recolors though. They did not destroy anything. Compare these to raid gear. The CMs are like mythic skins while the Order Hall sets are normal or heroic skins. The look similar but the CMs are a bit more flashy. I do think some of the color schemes are better than the CMs.
    I think you understood what I meant, destroy on the sense of changing an already existing model and making it look worst when they could have used the old data-mined models which looked amazing (I know this is totally subjective).

You can call them recolors or assume they are new sets, I guess it comes down to how much percent of the CM model is there to be considered recolor or something new. The priest is 100% CM set with another color, both the Paladin and the Hunter are 87.5% CM set recolor and both the Warrior and Druid are only 62.5%. For these calculations I assumed the same shoulders with horns/wings/rafts removed became entirely new models and Helms with Horns re-resized or rafts removed are also entirely new models.

Then we can discuss if cutting some parts and re-sizing horns can be considered something new, if that is the case please don't let Blizzard know or we will lose any of the little creativity we had in WoD for sets because they will start picking up old tiers and re-sizing and cutting parts and calling them NEW SETS without actually bring new models into the game.

On the side note, the first time I saw the CM sets I wanted the Red or Yellow Paladin set and the Dark or the Red & Golden Warrior, but we got none, this could have a golden chance to have them on all their splendor and that is what makes me bitter about this.

almost none of the armor sets created in the past several years have truly been special. most of them look like someone hit a randomize button and a bunch of crap was tossed together.

you could show the average player an armor set and 99 times out of 100 they'd have no fucking clue where it came from or who wears it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I wish I could have that wingless version be applied to the MoP paladin CM armor.
    I don't know. I think the wings are exactly what makes the Paladin CM set so pretty. And the blue/golden colour, of course.
    But then again, I only play female Blood Elves - on which shoulders don't look as ridiculously oversized as on some other races.

Deleted
    That's pretty nice. I'd look forward to farm some nice transmog on my characters. I like the gold pally one.

As for prestige value, uh... 90% of people that have them, bought them with gold anyway. Myself included. It wasn't expensive, at the end of MOP people were charging like 70-100k for full 9/9 carry. WOD weapons carry is like 200-250k. That's not a lot of gold considering that original CM pieces would propably go for gold-cap on BMAH if they ever reintroduced those over there. Heck, fugly T3 from 11-year old naxx gets goldcapped all the time nowadays.

The only thing that actually holds prestige in this game are rank 1 / server 1 achievements. You can't really buy your way to r1 gladiator or realm first mythic kill. Everything else can be bought for gold or dollarydoos, and it ain't expensive either.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnosh View Post
    I think you understood what I meant, destroy on the sense of changing an already existing model and making it look worst when they could have used the old data-mined models which looked amazing (I know this is totally subjective).

You can call them recolors or assume they are new sets, I guess it comes down to how much percent of the CM model is there to be considered recolor or something new. The priest is 100% CM set with another color, both the Paladin and the Hunter are 87.5% CM set recolor and both the Warrior and Druid are only 62.5%. For these calculations I assumed the same shoulders with horns/wings/rafts removed became entirely new models and Helms with Horns re-resized or rafts removed are also entirely new models.

Then we can discuss if cutting some parts and re-sizing horns can be considered something new, if that is the case please don't let Blizzard know or we will lose any of the little creativity we had in WoD for sets because they will start picking up old tiers and re-sizing and cutting parts and calling them NEW SETS without actually bring new models into the game.

On the side note, the first time I saw the CM sets I wanted the Red or Yellow Paladin set and the Dark or the Red & Golden Warrior, but we got none, this could have a golden chance to have them on all their splendor and that is what makes me bitter about this.
    No, but I understand what you meant now. I still think it's fine. Players who got the CM gear have a unique look that no one else will have.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    These are not recolors though. They did not destroy anything. Compare these to raid gear. The CMs are like mythic skins while the Order Hall sets are normal or heroic skins. The look similar but the CMs are a bit more flashy. I do think some of the color schemes are better than the CMs.

the priest version is exactly a recolor, and that is not OK. Priest set and the remaining sets need to also be lesser version including shoulders and helmet, like the new Warrior's left shoulder or the new bottom to the druid shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    the priest version is exactly a recolor, and that is not OK. Priest set and the remaining sets need to also be lesser version including shoulders and helmet, like the new Warrior's left shoulder or the new bottom to the druid shoulders.
    Why does it "need" to be a lesser version?

Do you live that sad of a life where this means that much to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Wootmonkey View Post

because the sets were said to become unobtainable after the first CM season ended. A different color is not a new set of gear. Nice personal insult though.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    because the sets were said to become unobtainable after the first CM season ended. A different color is not a new set of gear. Nice personal insult though, perhaps i should have said "different" instead of "lesser", and avoided triggering ppl.
    Does T3 trigger you as well since you don't know if it is from the BMAH or Naxx60?

At least with the recolor you can still look down up those plebs in the recolored set.

Does T3 trigger you as well since you don't know if it is from the BMAH or Naxx60?

At least with the recolor you can still look down up those plebs in the recolored set.
    edit: trigger is a trigger i guess

t3 selling is different. Blizzard had to make the raid inaccessible because of tier 7. selling it was just an easy way to allow people to "farm" it like they would any other existing raid.
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2016-04-29 at 07:42 PM.

urgh... why am I not surprised.

Lol why not just give Mythic gear to people in LFR? Why does it need to be a "lesser" version?

REALLY MAN?

Its not a big deal really, you still have the cheeve for CM's thats what really counts in the epeen game.
    Smile like you mean it.

Tier re-skins in LFR; shit storm. Challenge mode re-skins in Facebook game; "get over yourselves"

Stay classy mmo-champ. 5 million subs down and counting.

oh nooooo MoP Challengemodes were soooooooooooooooooooo boring and easy

who cares ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    Tier re-skins in LFR; shit storm. Challenge mode re-skins in Facebook game; "get over yourselves"

Stay classy mmo-champ. 5 million subs down and counting.
    Maybe you should learn about something before you talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Maybe you should learn about something before you talk about it.
    It's not rocket surgery mate.

Deleted
    Switching my main to Demon Hunter, I'm glad I'll have a cool set to transmog to.