Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Now I haven't tanked any dungeons on Alpha yet, but what I've played of new BrM feels good, IMO. The shared charges on Ironskin and Purifyinh feels bad, but everything else feels good.

I think the most ridiculous part I've read in that thread was this:

"I'd add that we know full well that this sort of design would not work in the live Warlords world, where spikiness is the only threat to tanks, and if you're not at full health, you're about to die.

That is not the Legion world. Legion is very different."

I hear this crap since WOTLK.

"In WOTLK tanks stacked stamina because of spiky damage, Cataclysm will be different."

It's n-th expansion where we nerf tank cds, healer cds, healer mana, tank dps and whatnot and I'm yet to see a situation where I could have the luxury to not worry to get 1-shot in raids, that if I do a mistake it would actually oom a healer and not outright kill me.

Anyway I'm definitely not gonna bother with monk tanks after they gutted their self sustain and removed guard and expel harm. It wasn't my main, but it was one of my more developed alts that I actually enjoyed recently. But in Legion I think Warrior looks way more promising. Heck, even demon hunter, despite I'm not super hyped for them unlike others, but they have this cheat death talent that if you suffer a killing blow you instead metamorphosis and heal to 35% hp.

You know paladins had similar ability back in wotlk? 2min cd cheat death? And guess what. They nerfed it, because it was too good. And we have current ardent defender. But guess what. It was too good for paladins but isn't too good for DHs.

I'm pretty sure a lot of monks will switch to DH because all the leech, all the soul fragment healing, all the mobility and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Um...after maybe 5 minutes browsing the Alpha BM forum, the almost universally accepted truth is their "easy mode" is that you get destroyed nearly instantly, because the spec is designed that way.
    And yet you have method players supporting the design, including their monk tank.

@Marrilaife the tuning down of burst from wrath to cata happened, we practically haven't gone for stamina on our gear since and often go for dps stats on gear as tanks - during progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

7+ Year Old Account
    i wonder how much money they get

Deleted
    to be honest i like it, you bads need to get good

Method? That's not a reason to support design since hteir money is from sponsors, not blizzard. Aladya in particular is often very critical but constructive.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    And yet you have method players supporting the design, including their monk tank.

@Marrilaife the tuning down of burst from wrath to cata happened, we practically haven't gone for stamina on our gear since and often go for dps stats on gear as tanks - during progress.
    Um, where did he support it? He agreed with the feedback that the players gave. I suggest re-reading.

I agree with current BM feedback thread post about our AM. (The players, that is). It can be better.
    It doesn't change the fact that burst still happens, years later. You can go from 50% to dead in a global.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
    It doesn't change the fact that burst still happens, years later. You can go from 50% to dead in a global.
    That's nice n all but wrath burst was 100% > 0 with out major cooldowns up - AFTER stam stacking.

I don't know why they always need to change stuff. I fucking loved Brewmaster in WoD before 6.2. (Quit before 6.2 hit so no idea what it's like now). It was by far the most fun tank I've ever played. It was powerful, satisfying and engaging. Why does it need changing?

That's nice n all but wrath burst was 100% > 0 with out major cooldowns up - AFTER stam stacking.
    That's nice and all, but it doesn't change the fact that burst still happens. It happens in WoD and it happens in Legion.

Just going to bypass the part where you were full of it? Methods tank wasn't supporting this playstyle. Do you need a twitter link to brush up on your reading?

Huh? Justwait (Method's Brewmaster) is posting negative feedback in that thread

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    to be honest i like it, you bads need to get good
    Is this how it felt when MW got overhauled in 6.0? Feels bad man

Justwait recently posted that he doesn't enjoy the new playstyle and pointed out a number of issues with it.
    Like, are you just making shit up or what?

EDIT: Also Legion Brewmaster is a shitfest, if you haven't tried it for yourself. It feels awful and performs even worse.

So in Warlords, Blizz made changes to Brewmaster because it was too punishing on new players trying to learn the spec. The Legion iteration sounds WAY harder to play correctly. I can't imagine the shit show that will ensue if Brewmaster goes live with this playstyle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Is this how it felt when MW got overhauled in 6.0? Feels bad man
    this is how mw feels every major patch :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    At least the Blues actually talk with you about your bullshit. They don't give a fuck about Warriors.
    No. Talking with us would be:

Community: We don't like the game play here, performance is too random and uncontrolled, can you give us more buttons to control our mechanics?

Celestalon: Which abilities do you feel aren't giving you enough control?

<discussion follows>

What actually happened:

Community: We don't like the game play here, performance is too random and uncontrolled, can you give us more buttons to control our mechanics?

Celestalon: You're wrong, here let me explain...

This is celestalon talking AT the community, not talking WITH the community. Feedback is feedback, feedback is not wrong, and his reaction of "I'm not wrong, they just don't understand" is the purest form of hubris.

@nathrizarri, lol I never realized. Of all the classes in wow you can count on me being ignorant of the poor DKs.

The more I consider the concept they are going for the more I like it. My only hesitancy here is I don't know if it really fits us very well to have all this clutch healing. I thought we were going away from the EH playstyle. Still though I am excited to try it.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this thread popped up on a day I was a little to busy to nip it in the bud. There is no merit in another thread like this, if you want a space to complain about changes then please use the rant thread provided.

Closed
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch