Page 64 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

On Nost, the things I listed still occurred even though it was 12 year old content.
    On Nost, some people quit after killing Rag because they wouldn't release BWL. Then another guild went on to clear all of BWL in 4 days or something. How do you plan for Vanilla content last for a long time if they gate the content, and how do you retain players for a profitable amount of time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cholobanger View Post
    On Nost, some people quit after killing Rag because they wouldn't release BWL. Then another guild went on to clear all of BWL in 4 days or something. How do you plan for Vanilla content last for a long time if they gate the content, and how do you retain players for a profitable amount of time?
    Make PvP fun, PvP "content" is never ending in theory, as every battle is unique, it just has to be fun so people don't get bored. Community events is a common thing in pservers, it gives people something to do for unique rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Make PvP fun, PvP "content" is never ending in theory, as every battle is unique, it just has to be fun so people don't get bored. Community events is a common thing in pservers, it gives people something to do for unique rewards.
    Mate, your average WoW player sees PvP as a cancer and PvPers as tumours of community, lel. There's incessant whine from PvE guys on PvE realms, who were invited to or joined groups/raid on PvP realms and got rekt. Damn, I even see bitching in /2 and /4 on my PvP realm, when someone gets killed by a member of an opposite faction

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Mate, your average WoW player sees PvP as a cancer and PvPers as tumours of community, lel. There's incessant whine from PvE guys on PvE realms, who were invited to or joined groups/raid on PvP realms and got rekt. Damn, I even see bitching in /2 and /4 on my PvP realm, when someone gets killed by a member of an opposite faction
    Some people whine about the most stupid things. Dying in WoW PvP is about as casual as it gets. My reaction is usually: oh, okay.

There was a time when I cared, when I knew who the enemy players were and wanted to fight back. if they were harassing me while leveling, but when some random people decide to grief you like that you should just report and move on. Flooding trade is just causing grief to others, as they don't want to read it. I'd like to think.

Roleplayers who spend like two weeks planning some major guild/realm event and get purposefully griefed by idiots, that I can understand. Because the effort to make the event work falls apart at that point. But any other complaint about griefing from PvE'ers and their like is somewhat ranty.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Atelniar View Post
    Some people whine about the most stupid things. Dying in WoW PvP is about as casual as it gets. My reaction is usually: oh, okay.

There was a time when I cared, when I knew who the enemy players were and wanted to fight back. if they were harassing me while leveling, but when some random people decide to grief you like that you should just report and move on. Flooding trade is just causing grief to others, as they don't want to read it. I'd like to think.
    Well, there're people who seriously want to separate PvE and PvP realms, so no one can make cross-realm group/raid between the two. People hate getting rekt

I LOOOOVE, when there's a Kazzak raid on my realm, and in the middle of the fight crossrealm alliance PvP raid or even better, Russian PvP squad phases in, omg, rivers of tears
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-04-29 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    PvP, especially world PvP, and especially vanilla PvP the way I know it from tales and fading memories of my own is 1% fun, exciting or noteworthy action, and 99% somebody getting ganked out of nowhere and corpsecamped because why the fuck not.

Not saying it's bad, not saying I have a problem with that (I'm past that phase by now hopefully), but 's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It's... not. Sure they post some things but it's not a news reporting site in the way that giant bomb, ion, otaku and the like are. There are no columnists here, no reviews, etc.

So, for the second time:

AHSHAHAHaHHAAHAHA ( you do realize the ridiculousness of saying that it doesn't matter if people want a product to the sales of the product, right? )
    I said it doesn't matter if people don't want a product, only what matters is the people that do want the product. Laughing at it doesn't make it any less true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    You're assuming they're giving him the time of day.
    https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/726051182590840833

Can we please get back on topic.

https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/726049458471870464

Can't wait to see the new spinning comments from this one.

But what are the people who said Blizzard wouldn't even let Mark through the front door going to say now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 05ar9210dkar2130 View Post
    I ken hez jerb?

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    But what are the people who said Blizzard wouldn't even let Mark through the front door going to say now!
    They will come up with something. Blizzard wouldn't respond at all to begin with, now lets see what it is. Our cause is moving forward and this is great. If everything keeps going as well as it has been with Blizzard not saying No, and being in talks with Nost, and now setting up an actual meeting, maybe we can finally have something. I don't know what Marks success is financially, wonder if he would be willing to invest into the servers if Blizzard requested it, almost as insurance. Don't know how exactly those things work.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Can we please get back on topic.

Can't wait to see the new spinning comments from this one.
    LOL at those who were desperately trying to diss Mark Kern for any sin possible.

That said, I don't think anything will come out of the meeting. Doing it right is really complex, I don't think Blizzard are going to take any compromises and do something easy (certainly not running emulators), and I don't think pristine servers, whatever they could be, would work.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    LOL at those who were desperately trying to diss Mark Kern for any sin possible.
    Meh, don't blame them. It's been a common tactic forever to ad hominem when you can't provide anything to an actual argument.

Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    And the only way to find that out is to try it.
    And we don't need Mark Kern for Blizzard to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    And we don't need Mark Kern for Blizzard to try it.

Sounds like he is going a lot further than any of us probably could

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post

Sounds like he is going a lot further than any of us probably could
    Thing is it's not about how far he can take this, it's whether he is the right person to do it. Trump's gotten further than anyone in the presidential race so far too. The most he has going for him is winning over the public and having been one of the original devs. That still speaks nothing of the many problems preventing Legacy servers from happening - it isn't as simple as 'lack of public interest'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz dont have to care about WoW anymore, the got freakin HS. If they would go out with the numbers they just made since the 26th of April you would prob shit yourself. Also there are a few things. They are still making money out of retail wow so if they will do something like legacy it will be when they wont make any more money, but the less ppl play, the smaller the blizzard servers has to be.
    Or if I am wrong (which I prob am) something like legacy server SHOULD be announced on blizzcon. It is like launching a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Thing is it's not about how far he can take this, it's whether he is the right person to do it. Trump's gotten further than anyone in the presidential race so far too. The most he has going for him is winning over the public and having been one of the original devs. That still speaks nothing of the many problems preventing Legacy servers from happening - it isn't as simple as 'lack of public interest'.
    Sounds like the problems will probably be talked about at the meeting that he has.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm genuinely curious at what Nostalrius will offer in term of announcement this week-end. It certainly does sound promising. Also, Mark Kern finally received an e-mail from Michael Morhaime for a further meeting down the line, which is an incredible opportunity to finally get these Legacy Servers.

I'm curious if they'll go through the Pristine server idea if they opt for Legacy.

Also, as promised, taken from the megathread:

At this point, we're at 1141 pages and we show no signs of stopping. To this end and with the recent comment from Blizzard, I have a plea to make to all people who are pro-legacy, pro-pristine or neutral to ignore the negativity some people are spewing in this thread.

I know most of you are intelligent people who are interested in the well being of the game. I know it's hard not to answer to the negativity - even more so when facts are overwhelming. These people suffer from cognitive bias - basically, ask yourself if either of you will change opinion. If the answer is no, then it's not worth answering. And then, there are people who are more sadistic who really enjoy putting others down.

Because of all of this, I ask in the most humble of ways that all of my fellow gamer and friends in this thread abstain from answering the particularly vocal and toxic minority who just seek to derail this thread.

We have been heard by Blizzard and they seek our help to iterate on a system - Pristine servers - but also our opinion about legacy itself and how it should be. We should not waste this opportunity in this cloud of negativity because some people would rather see you angry than iterating.

So if we are to win, we must ignore them and keep on speaking, rationally and thoughtfully, so in the end we can show Blizzard, but also this community here, that we are not interested in toxicity.

To better allow us to discuss with specific members, I recommend you to add a little token in your signature with the "Pro-Legacy", "Pro-Pristine" or both. With this in mind, it will be easier for us to filter down people who are not interested for discussion.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hear your ideas and iterations about legacy and pristine servers.

PS: I will repeat this message through the day so it can get as much visibility as possible, along with new thoughts on the situation as to not spam the same thing over and over.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    There's no safe zones here on the internet, sorry.
    Threatening to kill and/or rape is still against the law. People like you are disgusting.