Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    It's quiet, peaceful and reminds me of one of the best times in WoW's history.
    Farming those pages and things you needed to summon bigger bosses was not one of the best times in WoW's history.
    Anyone who thinks that needs their head checked, I think.

I like silithus, and the music in the zone.
    Totally eerie, I remember first time going there and doing the quest line... Felt very "end game" and spooky, was pretty cool when the gates opened, and it was fun to raid AQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Snazzy end game zone. Had that epic quest line which Blizzard removed sadly. Great looking, i really like the theme.

So, what do you think about it?
    I feel like this is a veiled vanilla hate thread. I'll have to check your post history to be sure... but this feels awfully baited.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Farming those pages and things you needed to summon bigger bosses was not one of the best times in WoW's history.
    Anyone who thinks that needs their head checked, I think.
    That's fine, you and I have different opinions on what we enjoy. The main difference between us is that I don't insult you for yours!

It was all right. Not the best, but not the worst zone.

7+ Year Old Account
    The atmosphere in the zone was pretty amazing. It had an unique style and its asthetic was great. The quests and mob placement was not that great though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    It's the worst zone in any game I've played ;_;
    Does it even bet Gorgrond?
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    That's fine, you and I have different opinions on what we enjoy. The main difference between us is that I don't insult you for yours!
    I'm not insulting you, I'm expressing concern for your well being.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    If you have a fetish for sand and bugs being in all directions, then sure.

However, that is not the case for me. Silithus was a horrible zone, in my opinion, along with many other "classic/vanilla" aesthetically empty zones.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I was around when the epic event happened in my server (Uldum - Spanish server) but I just had leveled up to 60 one of my two mains (feral) and my other one was around 50 if I recall well (destro), so there wasn't much I could do there. I remember the increadibly high lag there was at that time because of the thousand of players roaming there for the event, it was really epic, both factions fighting the gigantic mobs while also fighting each others (I spent most of the time in stealth watching, like a pussy :P).

Other than that... I don't really like the zone. The hives look somewhat like alien brains... I do like the Egyptian looks of the anubis-like mobs and structures. If they had shifted the story and mobs more into goods, divinity, pyramids and that kind of stuff (somewhat like the Uldum zone) it could probably one of my favourites zones, but there are too many tentacles, and bug, and worms, and hives... for my taste.
    Last edited by Sylar Hao; 2016-04-29 at 06:43 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has always been my favorite zone. There's so much interesting lore packed in to that one zone which goes relatively untouched since it fell out of relevance once TBC released.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    In desperate need of updating. Hate the zone.
    You probably didn't witness the Silithus before Blizzard updated the entire zone :P

They did a great job. I liked it, I loved the Silithids and their lore. Tricky zone to play in, but it's one of the most memorable zones to me personally.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was good for Cenarion Circle rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    In desperate need of updating. Hate the zone.
    I like it specifically because it Hasn't been updated. When everything got mixed around in cata very few places were left alone quest-wise (and I started in BC) It has a very harsh, alien atmosphere which is pretty perfect for the enemies of the zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to like Silithus when all of the quests were there. I'm still sorry they took them out. Zone ambience there is very strong, one of the strongest anywhere in the game. Sadly, after they removed a lot of the quests there's little to do there so it's just sitting wasted. I would be fine if they put some 110 world quests or other stuff there.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-04-29 at 10:41 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I love it.

Farming Essence of Air, for enchants and crafts, helping ppl on the Thunderfury questline, farming rep, farming mats to summon those mini bosses.

Going to AQ40 and AQ20

The quests were disconnected but the lore was just amazing

Wasn't around for the big deal there but I've always enjoyed the zone. Reminds me of Dark Sun from D&D or Conan. Plus up until MoP, there was good gold to be made there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the atmosphere. It's uncomfortable. I really think there should be a Black Market there and an arena. A new crazy city. Something creepy.

Deleted
    Not sure why Silthius attracts so much hate. Not my favourite zone, but very atmospheric and original.

Hated it. Hate bugs in any game really

10+ Year Old Account
    Provided the gong was already struck on your server the ONLY reason to ever set foot in that god awful zone in Vanilla was for aq20 night and the week it took to get through all of aq40. Iirc part of the hunter bow was done there as well. Collecting pages for rep was one of my least favorite grinds ever... and that was before I did Timbermaw and the Gelkis/Magram reps to exalted in Desolace.

Don't even get me started on the abomination that was Vanilla Desolace...