Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It won't hurt to ask, just as it also wouldn't hurt for you to ask for Demon Hunters to have a max level cap of 120 rather than 110 for every other class, it just also won't gain you anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It won't hurt to ask, just as it also wouldn't hurt for you to ask for Demon Hunters to have a max level cap of 120 rather than 110 for every other class, it just also won't gain you anything.
    this is probably the worst reasoning ever... "it couldn't hurt to get something the Class Leader has and could teach his followers vs. hey...hero class is superior, give us 10 extra levels over everyone"

10+ Year Old Account
    Seattle, the land where we have good internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    I do strongly believe that to fully embrace demon hunter's lore we should get blue fire glyph. The same as Illidan is using. It reveals a new potential and potentially expands demonic knowledge we gain. Considering our demon hunter's special position and skill they wield, it should be a thing. Would you like to wield it as your master did before you?

1. not a useless thread but quite useful, opening eyes to options for demon hunters
    2. so very much constructive right now
    I believe I've commented in a thread before (you might have been in it) saying that I wish the third spec for Demon Hunters would have been a caster spec with blue fire.
    I do think glyphs for each spell (seeing as how all glyphs are now minor glyphs and only cosmetic) granting blue fire would be a great idea, though. It's also not too difficult to simply put the textures through a blue hue or something of the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerref View Post
    this is probably the worst reasoning ever... "it couldn't hurt to get something the Class Leader has and could teach his followers vs. hey...hero class is superior, give us 10 extra levels over everyone"
    Did you read the post I was responding to?
    He wasn't talking about a glyph, he was saying "It doesn't hurt to ask... for Blizzard to add an exclusive additional questline for Demon Hunters to unlock Blue Fire, just like Warlocks got".
    Something that literally will never happen, just as getting 10 extra levels will never happen.

Did you read the post I was responding to?
    He wasn't talking about a glyph, he was saying "It doesn't hurt to ask... for Blizzard to add an exclusive additional questline for Demon Hunters to unlock Blue Fire, just like Warlocks got".
    Something that literally will never happen, just as getting 10 extra levels will never happen.
    There's some irony in there certain glyph appearances in legion you currently obtain through quests. That being said you have a lot of confidence seeing blizzard said they liked the class quest and wanted to do more in the future. If WoD hadn't been so delayed due to garrison we may have had multiple (shaman & paladin were both mentioned).

Basically saying literally never going to happen makes you look like an idiot. You know you're not sure, everyone else knows you're not sure, you're just posturing.

Is it unlikely? Yeah. Definitely. Particularly with the current glyph system (but glyphs change every expansion, so). literally will never happen? Noone, not even blizzard, could say that. Comparable to getting 10 levels over everyone else? Not in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I'm entirely confident that they're going to add nothing on the level of the Warlock quest to a single class just to achieve a cosmetic effect, when every class already has a unique questline that gives unique rewards and there would be no sense in one class just having two of them.
    You do get glyph rewards from quests, that is true (not quest[i[lines[/i])... if you're a Scribe. Because tying quests to professions was also another goal of Legion.

But if people want to delude themselves about what can and can't happen I've never been able to stop them before.

The artifact quests are not only shared between specs, but very short (10 minutes or less if you know what you are doing). The scenarios/fights test your use of a couple abilities such as dispels & interrupts but nothing to the level of kanrethad.

The only actual limit to a quest for other classes akin to greenfire is the glyph system atm, really. I wouldn't expect it till next expansion for that reason (although for once the glyph system sounds nice)
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The class quests continue past the artifact acquisition, with more at level cap particularly.

Blizzard almost heard you guys.
    http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=2198...ackling-flames

You can have Regular fire on Immolate instead! it's just like blue fire in the way that it is not green... but it is also red instead.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

The class quests continue past the artifact acquisition, with more at level cap particularly.
    I would really class that as an expansion feature - it's just this version of the garrison/tanaan campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I would really class that as an expansion feature - it's just this version of the garrison/tanaan campaign.
    The garrison/tanaan campaign was the same regardless of what class you play as.

The garrison/tanaan campaign was the same regardless of what class you play as.
    Yes, and this is this expansions version. The class quest was an optional bonus for lore - the campaigns are direct story for this campaign and don't give us anything new to our class outside of expansion progress features

Yes, and this is this expansions version. The class quest was an optional bonus for lore - the campaigns are direct story for this campaign and don't give us anything new to our class outside of expansion progress features
    They give you cosmetic upgrades to your artifact weapon.

They give you cosmetic upgrades to your artifact weapon.
    Which blues have said will be gone next expansion

Which blues have said will be gone next expansion
    So? It's a cosmetic reward for your class, from a quest exclusive to your class. There'll be glyphs that are gone next expansion too.
    And they said that we probably won't be using the item next expansion, it's easily possible they'll lift the transmog restrictions at that point.

This seems awfully inconsistent on your part.

So? It's a cosmetic reward for your class, from a quest exclusive to your class. There'll be glyphs that are gone next expansion too.
    And they said that we probably won't be using the item next expansion, it's easily possible they'll lift the transmog restrictions at that point.

This seems awfully inconsistent on your part.
    Glyphs will only be gone assuming the system changes - there's no REASON for it to go. See this isn't inconsistency, I am going off what we've been told and what has happened previously. You are going off your own assumptions about class quests.

The only reason glyph removal is a part of this discussion is it would likely be required for DH to see a quest to add blue fire (or any cosmetic spell effect - which to point out if it wasn't obvious is a permanent thing and not gone at the end of the expansion)

Every class in the game already has a quest line that awards cosmetic changes, the chances that Demon Hunters would get a second, at this point in development, based on an effect that isn't even slightly associated with demon hunters in any of Blizzard's art except for a single ability in a single encounter, is zero.
    A glyph? Maybe. A glyph from a quest? Well, the scribe would probably have to do the quest. A permanent cosmetic effect from a line of quests? Absolutely no chance.

If you want to believe differently go ahead, but you're just pointlessly entertaining hope where there is none.

So let's run through this:
    We not only have had class quests unique to a specific class, blizzard have expressed desire to do more with at least 2 more classes before DH was even public knowledge
    DH's, unlike a lot of other classes, have a clear 'alternate option' here. As much as shaman ask for red lightning and it has precedence in natural phenomena it's not exactly something iconic in warcraft or ever really presented as shamanistic. If anything it's a corruption type thing (but then, so is ascendance *shrug*) - even then shaman were on the table.
    Class quests add an opportunity to add lore, and given DH's have as much as lore as any of the core 'hero' classes such as paladins & death knights they have a lot less coverage of this due to not being added till 7.0. A class quest would be a perfect way to explore some of the other events, to fill out the demon hunter. Why not monks? Honestly because they weren't really an iconic in WC3, you had an 'extra' out of campaign brewmaster and that was it. Even then, I admit it's largely a whim but this class is the most focused on the current primary threat to azeroth (and most likely still will be even after legion).

Your counter argument: We have class order campaign quests ergo we could never have a class quests again. Something that has a) never even been implied by blizzard much less stated, has no evidence why this would happen, and seems counter to how popular green fire was.

Deleted
    They must add it, more beauty and hype levels bait. In fact it is quite an easy thing to do, so yes, must have!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see them adding blue fire, ever.

The only colors they'll stick to are in the DHs tattoos. Or like this Illidan model:

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...lidanDark2.jpg

After all, they're Demon Hunters, not Soul Hunters.