Which upcoming release style do you prefer?

I've noticed that lately Hots has been doing a lot of 'one character at a time' releases but for a while they did the 'Here are the next 3-4 heroes' kind of release styles. Personally I prefer the 3-4 heroes style as I would get hyped waiting for Greymane or Lunara to be released rather than not knowing what was next like right now, we just got Tracer and there is no clue which hero could be next.

I feel like this has been a special case due to Tracer. Dehaka and Tracer would have been in the same bunch, but seeing as Tracer is used for Overwatch promotion it makes sense they'd reveal them individually. I fully expect the next In Development will show at least the next 2 together.

I think a future 3-4 just makes it less interesting knowing what heroes are coming in the next 6 months.
    Plus I don't like waiting for things, so to have a hero teased that is half a year away is annoying.

They only do a preview of multiple ones for special events such as Gamescom and Blizzcon usually. I think E3 is the next gaming event? Perhaps they'll show off multiple ones over there.

I don't think they'll announce more than 2 anytime soon.

I like double hero style more. It is not Very long, so if you don't like new heroes you don't have to wait half a year for a new batch. Plus you are more often in a state of anticipation, like right now - what hero will be next? Will it be Blackhand, Guldan, Yrel? Or maybe Firebat? The possibilities enthrall, but determined list is hit or miss.
    That said, I'd also like if they dropped puzzles like what they've done with Li-Ming and Xul.

Multiple hero announces for sure. In fact, even Dehaka was a 2 hero announcement as word of tracer was already out before.

Either way, May is almost knocking and I am already hyped for the news. There will be that tweet + wild speculation hysteria following it.

/fingerscrossed

ps some new skins would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Multiple hero announces for sure. In fact, even Dehaka was a 2 hero announcement as word of tracer was already out before.

Either way, May is almost knocking and I am already hyped for the news. There will be that tweet + wild speculation hysteria following it.

/fingerscrossed

ps some new skins would be nice too.
    Not to mention we're only a month away from the 1-year anniversary of the game!

I'd love if they could release at least 2 heroes at once.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    I'd love if they could release at least 2 heroes at once.
    Unless I I mistaken, I think they released Jaina and Thrall together. But that is the only time they released two at once (and was during Technical Alpha).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they're going to be doing anything anytime soon, announcements or otherwise. They want to keep interest hard on Overwatch to give it the strongest release possible after the open beta. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a new hero announcement until a week after Overwatch release.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I've noticed that lately Hots has been doing a lot of 'one character at a time' releases but for a while they did the 'Here are the next 3-4 heroes' kind of release styles. Personally I prefer the 3-4 heroes style as I would get hyped waiting for Greymane or Lunara to be released rather than not knowing what was next like right now, we just got Tracer and there is no clue which hero could be next.
    Well that was special seeing as it was Blizzcon.

Before that, I think the last time they teased that many heroes was Summer of '14 with Murky, Brightwing, Lili and Zagara.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Unless I I mistaken, I think they released Jaina and Thrall together. But that is the only time they released two at once (and was during Technical Alpha).
    Nope. They were both teased at Blizzcon '14. Jaina was November '14, which had the account reset back in alpha. Thrall was January '15, which was the start of beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I doubt they're going to be doing anything anytime soon, announcements or otherwise. They want to keep interest hard on Overwatch to give it the strongest release possible after the open beta. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a new hero announcement until a week after Overwatch release.
    Wasn't the official for gold/$ Tracer release this last tuesday and the people who pre-ordered Overwatch got her a week early for free? OW releases next tuesday and if you go by the 3 week plan that would mean next release is a week after OW releases.

Or they could just release another Overwatch toon, maybe Widowmaker skin for Nova?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy View Post
    Nope. They were both teased at Blizzcon '14. Jaina was November '14, which had the account reset back in alpha. Thrall was January '15, which was the start of beta.
    Besides when the game just came out in Alpha, BW+ Lili, Anub+Azmo, and Cho'Gall(it counts right?) have been the only heroes release together.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Nope, only Anub'arak with Azmodan and Brightwing with Li Li were released at the same day.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

i like the current, one character but more often style. 3-4 characters just made me sad that i wont be seeing a troll hero added any time soon. atleast now the wait does not seem so long till i get my other "chance" to see a troll entering the nexus

Quote Originally Posted by Doomaz View Post
    i like the current, one character but more often style. 3-4 characters just made me sad that i wont be seeing a troll hero added any time soon. atleast now the wait does not seem so long till i get my other "chance" to see a troll entering the nexus
    So you're saying you're ready to be disappointed that more often? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So you're saying you're ready to be disappointed that more often? :P
    more often but in much smaller increments :P