Poll: How do you feel about "Hidden" Artifact abilities?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hidden abilities won't be so hidden really :/ The way we get our information from Blizzard works, it just won't be hidden. Maybe back in Vanilla WoW's time this could of worked but not in the 2010's.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I know the shadow priest dagger whispers you commenting on the history of a boss, who is betraying who, compares suramar to the sunken city with n'zoth, asks you if you enjoy being stunned. Heck, there are some potential spoiler level whispers on the future in there too. The dagger comes across as an ancient sadistic being that has seen EVERYTHING, and it makes off the cuff comments about a lot of stuff as you encounter it in the world.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2016-04-29 at 05:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is nice and all.. but at some point they'll all be known, and then the point of them being hidden becomes absolutely null. Given the attention it gets, I don't think itll be long before we know all of theise either.

Plus.. a free BR is retardedly OP compared to something purely cosmetic like mobs turning to ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    I know the shadow priest dagger whispers you commenting on the history of a boss, who is betraying who, compares suramar to the sunken city with n'zoth, asks you if you enjoy being stunned. Heck, there are some potential spoiler level whispers on the future in there too. The dagger comes across as an ancient sadistic being that has seen EVERYTHING, and it makes off the cuff comments about a lot of stuff as you encounter it in the world.
    That might be the coolest fucking thing I ever heard...

Sort of like your own personal Puzzle Box.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    This is nice and all.. but at some point they'll all be known, and then the point of them being hidden becomes absolutely null. Given the attention it gets, I don't think itll be long before we know all of theise either.

Plus.. a free BR is retardedly OP compared to something purely cosmetic like mobs turning to ash.
    I doubt the BR is going to occur during pvp or raids. So it is entirely a solo feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I doubt the BR is going to occur during pvp or raids. So it is entirely a solo feature.
    How does a BR happen in solo content? Combat drops when you die and you are the only one that was in a combat state.
    Obviously not in raids and pvp, but like.. a movement speed buff vs a BR in a 5man is still a big deal.

Depends on where they work and what they do.

If its outdoor only and not entirely game breaking then its fun.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Well the warrior one doesn't affect group content, either, so Blizzard probably counts it in with cosmetic stuff. *shrugs* Dunno if it will work in PvP though.
    You are incorrect
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    That might be the coolest fucking thing I ever heard...

Sort of like your own personal Puzzle Box.
    That's actually exactly what it sounds like at times; it even references some of the same things the puzzle box does. The dagger also basically feeds off of things dying (sacrificial dagger). It actually eats an old god essentially and eats the void out of a void lord in the opening quest. Here's some examples:

After getting stunned:
    Xal'atath whispers: Enjoy that?

Xal'atath whispers: <short chuckle>

After you kill something:
    Xal'atath whispers: Did you feel it cease to exist?

Again after you kill something:
    Xal'atath whispers: Every little death helps.

Xal'atath whispers: Boring.

Xal'atath whispers: Skovald seeks to join the ranks of the destroyers, unaware that so many of those who dare are betrayed.(at God-King Skovald)

Xal'atath whispers: The dragons are weak here. You would do well to exploit this fact.(in Azsuna)

Xal'atath whispers: The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight.

Xal'atath whispers: This city of the elves pales in comparison to the sleeping city...(near Suramar city)

Xal'atath whispers: The fallen elves cower behind their wall. They know no other way...

Xal'atath whispers: Do the naaru speak of the eternal conflict? That the entire history of your world is but a fraction of the time that has passed?(near Saa'ra)

Xal'atath whispers: The walls between realms are thin here, so easy to tear open. Do you know what would happen if true shadow and light would meet here?(in Netherlight Temple)

Xal'atath whispers: Another fool who believed Illidan's lies of sacrifice and righteousness. Tormented, he turns on everyone.(at Tirathon Saltheril)

How does a BR happen in solo content? Combat drops when you die and you are the only one that was in a combat state.
    Obviously not in raids and pvp, but like.. a movement speed buff vs a BR in a 5man is still a big deal.
    It's probably the same thing that happens to you when you die in the DK starting area. You get rezzed (playing solo) by the lich king.

And I would argue the movement speed buff would be more beneficial in 5 mans, avoid things quicker so you avoid dying and being zero damage altogether.

I havent seen it, but it sounds more like a DKs Purgatory than a straight self rez. Intsead of dying you proc an effect that gives you 8 seconds to kill whatever "killed" you. If you do it it'll heal you and you get to live, otherwise you die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo Warlock skull yells all kinds of stuff when you use certain abilities, like for example when you summon dreadstalkers it may say: "Release the hounds! " or "Rip them to shreds!".

Did not see anything special about Scepter of Sargeras, a shame because it is one of the stronger artifacts lore wise.

But then it's artifact ability spawns a bunch of portals that pewpew things.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-04-29 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    You are incorrect
    About what? It not working in group content? It works, technically (it'll give you a free 8 seconds to damage something once per boss, which is pretty nice), it just won't keep you alive.

lmao people complaining about that.

"annoying rng shit"

"OMG i got healed 50% of my hp, fuck you blizzard THATS SO ANNOYING"

"OMG i run faster, fuck you blizzard THATS SO ANNOYING"

"OMG my dagger whispers me lore related stuff THATS SO ANNOYING "

Yeah, I agree they should change those into : "When you're about to kill a mob, you die instead" for warriors, 100% procrate so no RNG and you'll finally be able to die instead of living.

"Everytime you attack, you are slowed by 2%, stacking 50 times" for MM hunters because you clearly don't want to run faster.

Seriously you are a bunch of butthurt as fuck crybabies.

Homophobia is so gay.

I think its a bit silly to not tell us up front that they are there or not. I understand that these are bonuses that we should not expect. We will all learn our abilities after a little bit of time, but it would be nice to see it somewhere just to be aware of it.

P.s. To be clear I think its cool though lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

Yeah, I agree they should change those into : "When you're about to kill a mob, you die instead" for warriors, 100% procrate so no RNG and you'll finally be able to die instead of living.
    What is this? Vanilla?

It's not like they'll actually be hidden. We'll figure out every ability in the first day. The sole impact will be that they aren't documented in-game, so people that don't read forums or theorycraft will be confused.

Not a big deal, but I'm against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

"annoying rng shit"

Seriously you are a bunch of butthurt as fuck crybabies.
    As if RNG was never apart of the game prior to recent. And yes, this forum is ablaze of butthurt manbabies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post
    I think its a bit silly to not tell us up front that they are there or not. I understand that these are bonuses that we should not expect. We will all learn our abilities after a little bit of time, but it would be nice to see it somewhere just to be aware of it.

P.s. To be clear I think its cool though lol.
    Little things like these are great. More little hidden NPCs, locations abilities would be much appreciated.

I like the prospect of some silly little thing randomly happening. I say do it moar! Shoot, add some for the races. Belfs get a hawk that flies over head and poops on them at random. Undead get a couple banshees showing up and wailing. Tauren start grazing if they are idle too long. Nelfs randomly become somewhat shadowy. Gnomes get punted at random by a massive ogre. Worgen start scratching their legs/arms like a dog chasing fleas.

Really though, there could be some neat graphical things to add some fun flavor. Stop min/maxing every aspect of the game and enjoy the little fun bits when we are lucky enough to get them. Every time they try and get something like this implemented people whine and cry about "all teh balances are brokeded." No! Random speed boosts for a tard aren't bad. Free self-rez, while not in a group for a warrior is not bad. Heck, I'm still waiting for druids to be able to charm woodland creatures and having them swarm their foes in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them, but they need to be cosmetic or have little impact on actual game play. The fact that MM hunters get a speed buff, or fury warriors basically having a soulstone is just lame.

Meanwhile ele shamans just dont have to fight air elementals in stormheim for 1 quest chain.

I thought it was really cool when I did the quest chain and the air elemental actually said dang nice weapon, you can pass.

But when you legit just get a rez... thats OP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Depends on where they work and what they do.

If its outdoor only and not entirely game breaking then its fun.
    this.......