Thread: knives

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How to tell the difference between a Euro and an American (in this thread):

Euros freak out at the mere concept of carrying anything that could even remotely be considered dangerous, even if it's a dull-bladed Swiss army knife primarily used as a tool and not a weapon.

Americans think nothing of carrying a small blade.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    No that is not a fact. In most states if they are trying to force entry into your house then yes.
    True, providing you live in a "no retreat" or "stand your ground" state.

but we don't have "no retreat" in my my state. In accordance with castle law here, my home is my castle, and I have the right to shoot an intruder invading my castle. but if he's just on my property, either fleeing or attempting to break in, I don't have the legal right to shoot him. I have to wait for him to actually make it inside.

However, if an intruder makes it out the door before you get a shot off, before calling the police, make sure you drag him back inside first!

(No, not really, that's just an old joke).
    Last edited by Cricket22; 2016-04-29 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post

Euros freak out at the mere concept of carrying anything that could even remotely be considered dangerous, even if it's a dull-bladed Swiss army knife primarily used as a tool and not a weapon.

Mate, don't turn it in to a versus discussion, quite sad.

Some people just don't see a need for a knife unless in connection with hobby, job or well, life style (survivalist etc). It isn't about considered dangerous alone. Then again, you also have some who doesn't care for having an actual responsibility when they carry a blade.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Spyderco makes good knives, my personal favorite. I have a cursed spyderco blade though. It "drinks" the blood of anyone that handles it (it is really sharp and serrated).
    That's so funny - my spyderco has cut just about everyone who has handled it too now that you mention it - including me on multiple occasions.

It thirsts!

Did we just identify that Spyderco manufactures cursed knives? I would have paid extra if they had advertised it that way
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Do you carry a knife with you on a daily basis? I keep one in my pocket because they tend to be quite useful. This is what I'm currently carrying. Just a simple gerber knife.

Ah, the good ole neckbeard knife.

Jokes aside, i carry a small Victorinox in my key-chain every day, does everything you need like: Knife, scissors and a small file. Handy to have. Although completely useless for self defense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

Though, on my opinion, no I don't carry a knife unless at work. I have an electricians multitool (knife with cable cutter).
    My other knife is a Cavalry Saber

Deleted
    Such an oppurtunity to brag on my fav MMO-Champ and I can't post images

fwiw, if you're interested arv1ee on IG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post

Heck, i would wear that, laws aside. Beautiful it is indeed.

15+ Year Old Account

...Dude, the Americans were just debating how to hide an assault rifle in a backpack in this very thread. If you want to go for hyperbolic comparison, you need to try way harder

"How to hide a mortar battery in your patio umbrella pole"

or how about:

"9 ways to optimize the RPG capacity of your 1992 Toyota Tercel's trunk"

Deleted

Well, I'm Euro and I carry a knife. I find it practical and romantic in a way.

That's so funny - my spyderco has cut just about everyone who has handled it too now that you mention it - including me on multiple occasions.

It thirsts!

Did we just identify that Spyderco manufactures cursed knives? I would have paid extra if they had advertised it that way
    Yeah, mine cut me too. I actually tell people about the curse and warn people not to touch it, but of course they touch it anyway. Then it feeds......

10+ Year Old Account

See now, that is beautiful, unlike the small pocket knives. Then again, the closest to a blade of weaponry I've had was, a battle-Axe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I carry 2 blades EDC,(Tech more than that with the Leatherman) one is a "work " blade, http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Knives...kershaw+knives for boxesmisc other stuff.

A leatherman as well, multi tools ...saved the day more than a few dozen times.

The other is a just in case blade. http://www.knifeworks.com/emersonvin...x#.VyOrujArKUk in my pocket.
    It used to be a Karambit style blade but...I needed something a bit more every day so...out with the old tiger claw.

A fast sharpening stone in my "go bag" to keep those blades sharp.

I keep a fully serrated "junk" blade in my car, Velcro to the seat belt mount area...just in case of a flip over and I am trapped by the belt tension.

Misc other blade types around the house for different applications,cooking,leather cutting,skinning etc.

Reading the responses to this thread is very interesting and has confirmed to me that if I showed up in some parts of the EU with my collection of pointed sticks...I would be in jail.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2016-04-29 at 06:58 PM.

X
    ...Dude, the Americans were just debating how to hide an assault rifle in a backpack in this very thread. If you want to go for hyperbolic comparison, you need to try way harder

"How to hide a mortar battery in your patio umbrella pole"

or how about:

"9 ways to optimize the RPG capacity of your 1992 Toyota Tercel's trunk"
    In most states, you can openly walk right down the street, carrying your assault rifle in plain sight. Most of us don't, but we can!

It's only if you don't want anyone to know you're carrying a gun, by keeping it concealed from sight that you need a special permit. Most require a class demonstrating proficiency and understanding of the laws involved.

All states now permit concealed carry, only 2 territories don't. One is the American Samoas, and I can't recall the other.

That is, providing you are not a convicted felon and are allowed to even own a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Reading the responses to this thread is very interesting and has confirmed to me that if I showed up in some parts of the EU with my collection of pointed sticks...I would be in jail.
    I've always been amused by this. I could use a flashlight, belt, or pen as a deadly weapon.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I've always been amused by this. I could use a flashlight, belt, or pen as a deadly weapon.
    You can also kill someone with a stone but you don't have to make it easy for people to kill each other.

What Am I even talking, "Muh Amendmend" will never get that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    You can also kill someone with a stone but you don't have to make it easy for people to kill each other.

What Am I even talking, "Muh Amendmend" will never get that.
    I don't get your attitude. Majority of people are completelly defenseless and as much as you want to count on police/security/whatever to help you, they will not. After, sure, but not when your health or health of your close ones is on the line.

I choose to be ready. Most people here choose not to. I have no idea why.

P.S. This is considering that we're talking about extremelly rare situations for which knife might not be the optimal choice. Something like pepper spray might be better and safer.
    Last edited by mmoc86abf9a49e; 2016-04-29 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, guess if you live in an area where boxes and twine run rampart and need constant opening it would be normal to carry a knife every day....and I think more basic knives would do that job just fine.
    Yeh, and I have one on me, so I dont have to go looking. I cannot count the number of times in a day my knife is out doing something not "paranoid" in nature.

Men carry pocket knifes, because they are handy, and being prepared is always good.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yeh, and I have one on me, so I dont have to go looking. I cannot count the number of times in a day my knife is out doing something not "paranoid" in nature.

Men carry pocket knifes, because they are handy, and being prepared is always good.
    Yeah? Like? Just out of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yeah? Like? Just out of curiosity.
    What? I do not know what you are asking?
    READ and be less Ignorant.