Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I'm gonna have to play the Negative Nancy role here. I saw something early today about #internationaldancingday. This might have just been the first gif they had of wow characters dancing and just slapped it up. I don't think it's an indication of anything legacy related. But that's just me.
    This is 100% what it is, but leave it to the fucking internet to blow that out of proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Mark Kern said he needs to hash out scheduling with Mike Morhaime, but that Mike has agreed to meet him.

As for Nost, they apparently have an announcement about it this weekend.
    Well like I said hope it happens. Despite my silly comments here like the whole "Not-stalrius thing". I really think it should happen but if it doesn't then it has no effect on me basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was before the news.
    yes my impression was that was a snapshot from prior to the pr of c&d.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    This is a stupid counter argument, the game isn't balanced around 1v1, on top of that in a purely 1v1 almost any class can out duel a healer cause they'll out last their mana bar.

Also PvP in Vanilla was based on gear, not skill. You're the first person to actually say that Vanilla took more skill ever.
    It is if you prefer a game where you can gib other players, especially considering you lose nothing. Keep the rated arenas and BGs balanced and fights long, I dont care. Theres no reason to do it in casual and world PvP, especially considering that most fights that happen are 1v1 or 1vmany.

PS.. picking the right gear and talents is also skill, RPG=/action game.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This is 100% what it is, but leave it to the fucking internet to blow that out of proportion.
    I personally don't think Blizzard is so unaware. They had to know how it would be received considering the current climate of discussion about legacy servers. I'm leaning towards it definitely being a nod towards the legacy crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You do like your absolutes as to which, I counter-argue you with a it's 100% sure a confirmation!

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    It is if you prefer a game where you can gib other players, especially considering you lose nothing. Keep the rated arenas and BGs balanced and fights long, I dont care. Theres no reason to do it in casual and world PvP, especially considering that most fights that happen are 1v1 or 1vmany.

PS.. picking the right gear and talents is also skill, RPG=/action game.
    Yes being one shot by hunters and rogues is the epitome of skil!!!! There's a reason "Crit Aimed Shot" was turned into a damn meme.

Also are you implying you don't do that now, every time i do any sort of pvp i find myself respecing my talents to account for comp and that's just in skirmishes. Gearing up in Vanilla wasn't even that hard, it just depends on how much you could grind the content, grind /= skill.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

I personally don't think Blizzard is so unaware. They had to know how it would be received considering the current climate of discussion about legacy servers. I'm leaning towards it definitely being a nod towards the legacy crowd.
    Agreed. Blizz has been known for tossing out little winks in the past.

Maybe it's just because I really want to believe legacy servers will happen... but them meeting with Nostalrius and then tweeting a Vanilla gif...

To even imply that the skill level in Vanilla matters more than it does right now, is such a facetious argument that there is no reply to it.
    We are on the different sides of the legacy argument, but I have to agree with you on this one. PvP in wow has always been about time and/or gear. Sure someone could "outplay" someone else, but very rarely. Vanilla pvp was actually worse in some ways than it is currently. The worst times for me in vanilla was pub stomping yet another shit geared team while my premade bis raid geared team yawned. Was really very boring and took no skill to do.

It's literally one of the first images to pop up when you do a google image search for "WoW dance party." Being that it's International Dance Day, to think that there is any more meaning behind this image is absolutely fucking preposterous.

Deleted
    Yes being one shot by hunters and rogues is the epitome of skil!!!! There's a reason "Crit Aimed Shot" was turned into a damn meme.

Also are you implying you don't do that now, every time i do any sort of pvp i find myself respecing my talents to account for comp and that's just in skirmishes. Gearing up in Vanilla wasn't even that hard, it just depends on how much you could grind the content, grind /= skill.
    Well you couldnt actually GRIND raids back then. And PvP gear(that you could grind) was blue and not that good. So being able to do those raids actually did mean skill.

And were talking about a game where dying means nothing. It means even less than in MOBAs and you can frikin solo the whole enemy team if fed. (and its fun!)

So whats the problem with one shot wonders if they can do it only once every 3-5m and then wait for their CDs? Especially considering most classes could counter those with defense CDs or just run away for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    So you're trying to tell me when i was raiding on my Shaman in TBC i was dreaming? Yes Bloodlust was powerful but like i said, Enhance was very good dps up until Black Temple in TBC and was decent in BWL + gear during Vanilla. I knew of a few guilds at the time on horde who had enhance shamans raiding and pulling good numbers. Back in Vanilla the raiding community was pretty close and you knew people from both factions. I had Horde / Alliance guilds at the time trying to steal me on my hunter for the fact i was damn good at my class. I had a lot of hunters on my server wanting to pay me to complete the bow / staff quest for them.(killing the Demons)

I'm getting off track here, but the fact remains i was in contact with a lot of different people from both factions and got to know a lot of people back then. I was all ways scared of Enhance shamans in PvP due to how crazy they could burst you down, and when i asked how they where in pvp i was told they did pretty good dps and could do enough damage to be middle / top of the pack. I never raided with a Shaman in Vanilla since i played Alliance back then but i 100% know how they preformed in TBC since my main was shaman in TBC. You had 4 Resto Shamans 1 Enhance in Black Temple / Sunwell in each different group for lust since lust back then was only group wide + WF totem for the melee group. Everything up until BT i was enhance and I always sit around middle to near top in dps in the raids. They were nothing special but they were viable up to a certain point tho.
    If you aren't current arcane mage, you aren't viable at all! /s

All classes had a spot in a raid back in vanilla because it wasn't tuned as amazingly tightly as it is now where 3+ arcane mages is almost necessary. Were Enh, Feral, Spriests topping the meters? Of course not, but they aren't now either. Classes weren't/aren't/never will be equally balanced. At least back in vanilla you had unique abilities that the raid needed so it "forced" specs in to the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    We are on the different sides of the legacy argument, but I have to agree with you on this one. PvP in wow has always been about time and/or gear. Sure someone could "outplay" someone else, but very rarely. Vanilla pvp was actually worse in some ways than it is currently. The worst times for me in vanilla was pub stomping yet another shit geared team while my premade bis raid geared team yawned. Was really very boring and took no skill to do.
    I want to make something clear, I think Legacy servers would be great for a very small minority, I'm arguing that they wouldn't be worth it as a whole to Blizzard and that people are getting they're hopes up if they think they'd be successful beyond a 6 month time frame.

I also think any time invested into the Legacy servers could be better invested into make the game better and I'm of the personal opinion that the live game could be fixed by merging more of the smaller servers into more mega servers, to restore the sense of community, to replicate places like Emerald Dream, Tichondrius, Illidan and Mal'ganis.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    If you aren't current arcane mage, you aren't viable at all! /s

All classes had a spot in a raid back in vanilla because it wasn't tuned as amazingly tightly as it is now where 3+ arcane mages is almost necessary. Were Enh, Feral, Spriests topping the meters? Of course not, but they aren't now either. Classes weren't/aren't/never will be equally balanced. At least back in vanilla you had unique abilities that the raid needed so it "forced" specs in to the raid.
    Actually CoP and feral are extremely good. Enh shamans are decent on AoE fights.

Difference being in vanilla you could always have maybe a group of people doing wtf ever because it didn't matter, not untill naxx, anyway. You could literally afk/autoattack in vanilla raids and it wouldn't make a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to make something clear, I think Legacy servers would be great for a very small minority, I'm arguing that they wouldn't be worth it as a whole to Blizzard and that people are getting they're hopes up if they think they'd be successful beyond a 6 month time frame.

I also think any time invested into the Legacy servers could be better invested into make the game better and I'm of the personal opinion that the live game could be fixed by merging more of the smaller servers into more mega servers, to restore the sense of community, to replicate places like Emerald Dream, Tichondrius, Illidan and Mal'ganis.
    ^^

Don't transfer to these servers though. We don't want you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Well you couldnt actually GRIND raids back then. And PvP gear(that you could grind) was blue and not that good. So being able to do those raids actually did mean skill.

And were talking about a game where dying means nothing. It means even less than in MOBAs and you can frikin solo the whole enemy team if fed. (and its fun!)

So whats the problem with one shot wonders if they can do it only once every 3-5m and then wait for their CDs? Especially considering most classes could counter those with defense CDs or just run away for a bit.
    Because you're arguing the game took more skill, it didn't. I don't consider Numerical Gating to be skillful, I'm even of the opinion that some of the Mechanics in Hellfire Citadel LFR are harder most of the fights in Vanilla-WoTLK. They're just mind-numbingly simple cause the numerical difficulty is non-existent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Actually CoP and feral are extremely good. Enh shamans are decent on AoE fights.

Difference being in vanilla you could always have maybe a group of people doing wtf ever because it didn't matter, not untill naxx, anyway. You could literally afk/autoattack in vanilla raids and it wouldn't make a difference.

- - - Updated - - -

^^

Don't transfer to these servers though. We don't want you.
    I used to play on Illidan in WotLK, i transferred off because of the queue times, made progression raiding impossible for our hours. Now the server i'm on is completely dead, they need to create more mega servers.

I agree, thats why Im also in the camp of licensing agreement. Use a team like from Nost, make an official agreement and maybe give some resources to get the servers more inline with Blizz standards. Nost could even charge a sub fee to cover blizz fee's. I dont know if this would work, its just an idea really. Im sure something will be worked out and whatever the decision is will work out best for everyone.

Deleted
    Because you're arguing the game took more skill, it didn't. I don't consider Numerical Gating to be skillful, I'm even of the opinion that some of the Mechanics in Hellfire Citadel LFR are harder most of the fights in Vanilla-WoTLK. They're just mind-numbingly simple cause the numerical difficulty is non-existent.
    Well it did cause most people in the raids had crappy gear.. many didnt use addons or even understand how the stats work. As a mage for example, I stacked crit and spellpower and had hit gear for PvE but I noticed most mages only stacked int which just gave them more mana /facepalm.

But youre wrong when you say Vanilla didnt take more skill. On retail we have a set of rules. Do this stupid exercise and the player who follows it the closest performs better. Its like quitar hero, its boring as hell. In Vanilla you could come up with your own rotations, had to account for mana, CC, do a ton of things without addons cause DBM wasnt there. So the skill cap was higher and it also counted in initiative and creative thinking as opposed to just blindly following the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    I agree, thats why Im also in the camp of licensing agreement. Use a team like from Nost, make an official agreement and maybe give some resources to get the servers more inline with Blizz standards. Nost could even charge a sub fee to cover blizz fee's. I dont know if this would work, its just an idea really. Im sure something will be worked out and whatever the decision is will work out best for everyone.
    I absolutely agree, if Blizzard doesn't have to invest they're own time and money into legacy servers, I am 100% for them and will even play them myself from time to time. But people are saying Blizzard should do it, I'm against that because it will just detract away from the live game and create headaches for Blizzard and the Players.

- - - Updated - - -

I used to play on Illidan in WotLK, i transferred off because of the queue times, made progression raiding impossible for our hours. Now the server i'm on is completely dead, they need to create more mega servers.
    I took a free xfer off illidan at a point, and when the guild I went with died, I came back. Low pop servers for the loss. Granted pugging doesn't happen like it used to due to the lfm tool, it was nice to be able to find a group 24/7