Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marhault View Post
    They can, however Demon Hunter tanks can also press one of their moves (Can't remember the name offhand) and pull the orbs to them that have spawned so no movement is required.
    Aye, saw that, but it takes up 50 pain per use [out of 100], so depending on resource needs you may need to do something else, necessitating running around like a BM monk. Also currently the tooltip just reads as a function for the range, so until that's clarified, it may not be able to grab all frags depending on their spawn locations. Will wait and see.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

They've said a few times they don't want long content droughts at the end of the expansion. I don't really care what they say anymore their word is meaningless now. We need action.

Quote Originally Posted by Devidose View Post
    Isn't that how soul fragments are going to work on Demon Hunter tanks?
    No, it's not the same. While they can strafe and grab them, they don't have to. DH tanks can not only have an ability to force 5 of them to spawn, but have a rotational ability that causes one to spawn, and the ability to suck them in on demand (resources permitting) WHEN they need the heal without having to move. They are reliably carving fragments and pooling them for when they need them. Totally not the same. Also, since the heal is converted into that absorb shield, they don't need to worry about losing them. If they need to move the boss, they can suck the fragments in to get that shield and them move where they need to so there isn't any waste.

The issues with brewmasters is the orbs aren't reliable. They don't have a way to be sucked in or moved once they have spawned. They are spawning in all kinds of bad void zones and fire patches etc (tho I have heard that they should be fixed with their spawns locations being closer and to either side of the brewmaster and start benefiting from celestial fortune). They are being hidden by spell effects and boss models.

It's unrealistic to rely on them in higher movement fights because we have no way to get them if they aren't right next to us. They are unreliable in fights with high positional requirements or mobs/bosses with bad twitch mechanics (Tyrant as an example) since strafing to pick them up makes the boss or mob go nuts and runs across the room. It's completely RNG based so we don't really have control over them. Yes we are supposed to have a greater chance to spawn them at lower hp, but with how the brewmasters are set up, that's more dangerous and other tanks can be equally or more effective without having to play with their hp pool. Some tests have been done and the spawn rates just aren't there and bringing back expel harm is a much preferred solution by everyone if they aren't going to give us a similar suck in or move them ability. Either that or they could make TP force an orb spawn or something. I personally think they should just bring guard back and make that the same as the suck in + overhealing absorb shield like they gave DH tanks since I feel it fits the brewmaster fantasy. We are self-healing, damage absorbing, dodge tanks. Giving us dodge we can't control (outside of having it baked into some abilities through the artifact), taking away our most reliable form of self-healing, and removing our ability to absorb damage coupled with the slowed down rotation without a spam button (that they also gave to DH tanks) makes the brewmaster feel more like a proc based slowed down dollar store hybrid of a pally and a dk tank.

There are other issues than just the orbs too tho. The class is pretty broken in comparison to the other tanks. I enjoy it on live being a harder to master tank, but there is a difference between high skill cap reqs and just not being viable since every other tank can easily do what we struggling to do in 1/4 the effort AND without causing the healers to have an aneurysm or a panic attack.
    Last edited by Cubcake; 2016-04-29 at 05:20 PM.
    Druid Armory: Furlesque - STK

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    They've said a few times they don't want long content droughts at the end of the expansion. I don't really care what they say anymore their word is meaningless now. We need action.
    This bro gets it.

those hats are terrible looking from the front. They need to fix that flare up on the hate, like wtf?

Deleted
    Flying is the last thing I care for at launch of Legion. I didn't feel need for flying in Draenor but when it came it was nice relief yet it came so late. If flying doesnt come untill almost one year later (when most of hard to get by on map items have been already looted or made irrelevant) it is still ok for me BUT if I am to wait for flying as long as in WoD then I may not be there for next expansion in wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jk1895 View Post
    LOL Bli$$ard
    No fly, no buy
    *facepalm*
    I pity you that the only thing you can find enjoyable about wow is flying fast...

10+ Year Old Account
    "New weapon model" is just a reskinned Betrayer of Humanity

Also why isn't Celestalon fired yet? Probably the same reason Jay Wilson isn't.

If there was ever a reason for me to roll an ally, its for that shield/sword

FYI, as of this post, Amazon Prime version is only 3¢ cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I pity you that the only thing you can find enjoyable about wow is flying fast...

Why? If that is THE very thing they love most about the game. Don't feel pity for him/her, feel pity for yourself thinking you know best for everyone else.

That Alliance armor looks amazing! Hopefully it won't require me to physically go see the movie in theaters as I live in the middle of nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Also why isn't Celestalon fired yet? Probably the same reason Jay Wilson isn't.
    I don't normally reply to these forums, but if you seriously think somebody has to be fired because of your disagreement with design choices in a game you can choose not to play, you need professional help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Of yourse it would be mass shitting because that is a clear lie. 5.1 might be a minor patch in your head, but if it is called 5.1 instead of 5.0.1 it is a major patch.
    Typically in Software Development, product versions are listed [major].[minor].[revision].[build]. Major patches are considered Expansions (5 = MOP, 6 = Legion, etc.). Minor Patches would be your new tier. Revision would be updates for the minor patch content. Builds would be for bug fixes. So when they say 5.1, that is TECHNICALLY a minor patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyegov View Post
    I don't normally reply to these forums, but if you seriously think somebody has to be fired because of your disagreement with design choices in a game you can choose not to play, you need professional help.
    In your opinion, how many players would you let an employee cost you before you decided that *maybe* their decisions aren't a good business decision?
    I mean, WoW used to be 13+ million players... What are we at again? Oh, right -- low enough they stopped reporting them.

So at this point -- design choices should be quite important and crucial.

Has anyone done some research into the Mark of Honor available on the Alpha, which is the currency for pre-Legion PVP items (and maybe PVP items in Legion?) but hasn't been announced yet? I'm curious how they're obtained and at what rate since I'd hate to spend time grinding HP now if it'll be faster in Legion for those old PVP sets...

Also, dat sword and shield. MUST have.

Pity yourself for being so delusional that you believe yourself to be some sort of authority on what's correct to care about or not...
    The flying debacle was the straw which broke the camel's back for many, along with all the other problems of WoD and these people won't trust Blizzard if they keep selling soon's, maybe's and if's...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dyegov View Post
    That's the least being wished on developers and even just innocent fans of the game atm... never seen the "community" (many of them don't even play) outside of the game so toxic before...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Has anyone done some research into the Mark of Honor available on the Alpha, which is the currency for pre-Legion PVP items (and maybe PVP items in Legion?) but hasn't been announced yet? I'm curious how they're obtained and at what rate since I'd hate to spend time grinding HP now if it'll be faster in Legion for those old PVP sets...

Also, dat sword and shield. MUST have.

Pity yourself for being so delusional that you believe yourself to be some sort of authority on what's correct to care about or not...
    The flying debacle was the straw which broke the camel's back for many, along with all the other problems of WoD and these people won't trust Blizzard if they keep selling soon's, maybe's and if's...
    Such a stupid thing to quit over because you can't fly...but hey...are a ton of games I play where people are so spoiled and entitled...so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised...flying is such a stupid little thing and probably shouldn't have even been added to the game in the first place.

If they put those weapon "transmogs" behind a paywall or a "reward" for those that bought movie tickets Iam done... iam seriously done

Such a stupid thing to quit over because you can't fly...but hey...are a ton of games I play where people are so spoiled and entitled...so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised...flying is such a stupid little thing and probably shouldn't have even been added to the game in the first place.
    The success of WoW even when flying was a part of it, begs to differ.
    But keep being triggered by what other people care about, I'm sure that'll yield some excellent results for you! ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    If they put those weapon "transmogs" behind a paywall or a "reward" for those that bought movie tickets Iam done... iam seriously done
    If that'd be the case, the lashback would be immense. I don't think they'd dare pull something like that given WoD, but just in case they're preparing for yet another brainfart, we'll stand at the ready to shower them in "WTF'S"...:P

I'd say the free account and pet or mount or whatever that'll be linked to the ticket purchase should be more than enough.