Page 66 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WoW isn't a car and doesn't apply to even the same laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashnox View Post
    Put this on the front page mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalight View Post
    front page mods pls
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    This belong to the frontpage.
    It really doesn't. He uses the same fallacious arguments we've already seen from the pirates that played on Nost. Arguments that show he's never ran the servers or understands business.

I want there to be a classic server, but these arguments don't help the situation. Blizzard sees the bottom line, unlike you guys see with rose tinted goggles. You'll never understand the struggles this puts on Blizzard and the rest of the player base of wow. Because you only see the good of playing in classic with a decent community.

Do you think that taking away people from current content development will be good for future expansions?

Do you think these server, which aren't the same price of Nost server, are cheap?

Do you think the development team will work for free like Nost team allegedly did?

Do you think you'd get these classic servers right away even if they said yes?

Do you think the same amount of players, that played on Nost, would PAY for the game and then PAY a monthly subscription fee? If not all, how many? And do you think they'll get enough to offset the balance of costs associated with running a legit classic server?

Do you think people will stop at just wanting a classic server? I've seen people ask for dozens of different servers. 1.12 patch PvE classic(non-progressive), 1.12 patch PvP classic(non-progressive), progressive PvE classic, progressive PvP classic, PvE TBC only server, PvE TBC only server, PvE Wrath only server, etc, etc, etc, etc....

You, and SO many others, are so greedy and blinded by biases that you don't see the bigger picture. You'll probably attack me irrationally like EVERY other person that's played on a private server instead of even considering what I've said.
    Last edited by urasim; 2016-04-29 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    It really doesn't. He uses the same fallacious arguments we've already seen from the pirates that played on Nost. Arguments that show he's never ran the servers or understands business.

I want there to be a classic server, but these arguments don't help the situation. Blizzard sees the bottom line, unlike you guys see with rose tinted goggles. You'll never understand the struggles this puts on Blizzard and the rest of the player base of wow. Because you only see the good of playing in classic with a decent community.

Do you think that taking away people from current content development will be good for future expansions?

Do you think these server, which aren't the same price of Nost server, are cheap?

Do you think the development team will work for free like Nost team allegedly did?

Do you think the same amount of players, that played on Nost, would PAY for the game and then PAY a monthly subscription fee? If not all, how many? And do you think they'll get enough to offset the balance of costs associated with running a legit classic server?

Do you think people will stop at just wanting a classic server? I've seen people ask for dozens of different servers. 1.12 patch PvE classic(non-progressive), 1.12 patch PvP classic(non-progressive), progressive PvE classic, progressive PvP classic, PvE TBC only server, PvE TBC only server, PvE Wrath only server, etc, etc, etc, etc....

You, and SO many others, are so greedy and blinded by biases that you don't see the bigger picture. You'll probably attack me irrationally like EVERY other person that's played on a private server.
    No, you're just going to get the typical "if it's sanctioned by Blizzard more people will play it!" nonsense.

And now that Kern has an invitation from Blizzard, the pro-Legacy movement is already claiming victory. I mean, they've taken a completely nondescript, unrelated image Blizzard posted on their Twitter for International Dance Day as a nod towards Vanilla server confirmation. You give these people the tiniest fraction of an inch, they take a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    Its cool, i guess you don't have much to do now that Nost is closed and theres no Vanilla in the near future.
    Um. You know Nostalrius wasn't by any means the only pirate server out there, yeah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    WoW isn't a car and doesn't apply to even the same laws.
    Do you know what an analogy is? Do you understand what his point was?

Copyright infringement is a serious crime and you can pay massive fines or spend time in jail for theft of intellectual property.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    No, you're just going to get the typical "if it's sanctioned by Blizzard more people will play it!" nonsense.

And now that Kern has an invitation from Blizzard, the pro-Legacy movement is already claiming victory. I mean, they've taken a completely nondescript, unrelated image Blizzard posted on their Twitter for International Dance Day as a nod towards Vanilla server confirmation. You give these people the tiniest fraction of an inch, they take a mile.
    Not all of us, ever since Kern said he would deliver the petition, I have been skeptical. And what is nonsense about, more people will play if it is sanctioned by Blizzard?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think people will stop at just wanting a classic server?
    I've seen people ask for dozens of different servers. 1.12 patch PvE classic(non-progressive), 1.12 patch PvP classic(non-progressive), progressive PvE classic, progressive PvP classic, PvE TBC only server, PvE TBC only server, PvE Wrath only server, etc, etc, etc, etc....

You, and SO many others, are so greedy and blinded by biases that you don't see the bigger picture. You'll probably attack me irrationally like EVERY other person that's played on a private server instead of even considering what I've said.
    Sigh no matter how many times you repeat the same bullshit, it wont strengthen those arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Do you know what an analogy is? Do you understand what his point was?

Copyright infringement is a serious crime and you can pay massive fines or spend time in jail for theft of intellectual property.
    a·nal·o·gy
    əˈnaləjē/
    noun
    noun: analogy; plural noun: analogies

a comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification.

Sounds you don't know what an analogy is. I didn't say making a server is illegal. In fact, if you read, I stated what they did was illegal. I did say however that Blizzard can subpoena them to have them stop what they are doing, but can't request code that isn't BLIZZARDs.

It's sad to watch how far you guys keep falling.
    Last edited by Eliseus; 2016-04-29 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    It's sad to watch how fall you guys keep falling.
    This coming fall in a cinema close to you

You're love of the topic has clearly slowed your mind

Quote Originally Posted by Skulkesyk View Post
    This coming fall in a cinema close to you

You're love of the topic has clearly slowed your mind
    What?

/10character

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/726049458471870464

That is all.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Good news, now let the salt flow.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

This was posted many times earlier in the thread and while it's great Kern has an audience with Blizzard I still firmly believe it's mostly a PR stunt and it's borderline insanity to think that is some kind of confirmation this movement is going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This was posted many times earlier in the thread and while it's great Kern has an audience with Blizzard I still firmly believe it's mostly a PR stunt and it's borderline insanity to think that is some kind of confirmation this movement is going anywhere.
    Right but its still good news, and it shits on the people, who tried to claim Kern would be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Right but its still good news, and it shits on the people, who tried to claim Kern would be ignored.
    Everything I wrote about Kern earlier in the thread remains factual. I don't like the guy and I personally think he's riding a wave of displaced anger to spearhead a movement which mostly amounts to little more than a self-effacing ego trip, but I will concede the man is at the very least persistent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I suspect this is closer to reality than Blizzard working in partnership with the Nost. team. However this would be an excellent result for those behind Nost. considering just two weeks ago they were looking at a potentially ruinous law suit against them.
    I don't know. It's possible that legal worked something out along the lines of a franchise or license. I mean Brack did say they had looked into it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And while we’ve looked into the possibility – there is not a clear legal path to protect Blizzard’s IP and grant an operating license to a pirate server.
    With all of the hoohah about the stuff in Brack's post that people didn't like this probably hasn't gotten as much attention as it might deserve. Perhaps someone in the legal department has figured out a way to manage to both protect the IP and grant some sort of limited license. Time will tell on that but I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand. Or perhaps they'll offer them jobs in the Blizzard office in Versailles. That would be an OK consolation prize for them. I think instead of getting angry with each other it would be fine just to wait and see what develops. Only a couple of days.

Versailles office from outside:

I have no idea why they are meeting with Kern although Morhaime giving him a piece of his mind sounds pretty satisfying but unlikely. Maybe they'll take the printed-out petition, shake hands, allow pictures giving Kern his publicity injection and send him on his way. Who knows?
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-04-29 at 10:34 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Iam all for this but pettion and vanilla servers

But having Mark Kern as the poster boy for this campaign is a disservice to everyone involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we'll ever convince the other side they're wrong, and they'll definitely never convince us they're right. Honestly, some are overly cautious, some don't want to admit defeat. I personally believe in facts. That we're setting a new precedent, that past games did it successfully, that Blizzard is currently working on refreshing their old games, that they've been very open (contrarily to ever before, actually), that we've generated a huge amount of publicity and that there's a market.

Attacks on Kern can roughly be translated to Ad Hominem, where it's easier to attack someone than the facts he presents.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Sigh no matter how many times you repeat the same bullshit, it wont strengthen those arguments.
    None of you have yet to refute them...

https://twitter.com/Grummz/status/726049458471870464

That is all.
    I don't care. That has nothing to do with my post and doesn't refute anything I've said. You're only showing us all that you can't be a rational person.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Iam all for this but pettion and vanilla servers

But having Mark Kern as the poster boy for this campaign is a disservice to everyone involved.
    In-fucking-deed. The guy is a joke and will likely fuck it up for everyone.

I don't think we'll ever convince the other side they're wrong, and they'll definitely never convince us they're right. Honestly, some are overly cautious, some don't want to admit defeat. I personally believe in facts. That we're setting a new precedent, that past games did it successfully, that Blizzard is currently working on refreshing their old games, that they've been very open (contrarily to ever before, actually), that we've generated a huge amount of publicity and that there's a market.

Attacks on Kern can roughly be translated to Ad Hominem, where it's easier to attack someone than the facts he presents.
    what facts, what he did on Red5 and Firefall(which is a actual fun game) is know to everyone, it just has to be reserched

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't know. It's possible that legal worked something out along the lines of a franchise or license. I mean Brack did say they had looked into it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And while we’ve looked into the possibility – there is not a clear legal path to protect Blizzard’s IP and grant an operating license to a pirate server.
    If they wanted to they could license their product to anyone they want.

They are not going to license their IP not only do they limit their profits (although maybe they expect the Nost. people to work for free) but they expose themselves to risks that are out of their control.

I would say that if they want anything from the Nost guys it would be use of the Nost name.