Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    What does fix gerrymandering are those non-partisan commissions that a few states have developed.
    Assuming they don't get struck down in court.

An example of what I mean-- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1895318.html

But so far the courts are working in the favor of these committees:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...maps/27400015/

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    What does fix gerrymandering are those non-partisan commissions that a few states have developed.
    Here is what I stated in the past as my idea:

Don't see how as part of the rules of district drawing states that they aren't supposed to break up communities and such when drawing districts unless I am wrong in which case feel free to correct me.

I personally see the best way to handle the drawing of districts would be to completely remove all political parties from the process entirely. I would have them develope an open source program to draw the districts based on the openly available information to the public as far as demographic information needed for it. Not a single piece of the program or the date used within it would be private, all of it would be publically available.

Then at the time of district drawing, the seed number would be choosen in a manner similar to lotteries with one of them ping-pong ball machines while televised and monitored and the districts drawn that way. And with the program and full data given to the public as well and the seed number known, the public and around the world can verify the program, the data used to draw the districts and verify the results with the given seed number to verify that it is all legit and completely impartial.

That would remove a great deal of the bias from it and remove that power from any party.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    The GOP needs less Nixon and more Eisenhower.
    Nixon was very liberal compared to even Bill Clinton in terms of actual policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Nixon was very liberal compared to even Bill Clinton in terms of actual policy.
    Granted though back in the day he was considered pretty conservative which shows how badly we as a country have moved in politics the past 50+ years. I mean the EPA is considered an evil institution by those on the right and guess who created it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Yeah! Fuck people who don't work! Fuck em! America!!!!!!!!!
    Never would have occurred to someone like yourself that not paying people who don't work could be done with compassion, understanding and wisdom.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Pretty much, the GOP could elect the head of the KKK into office with Trump as his VP and North Carolina would still remain safe.

Complete BS that the winners get to draw the districts. They need to ban any party from drawing them.
    They need to let a computer draw them.

http://bdistricting.com/2010/

Look at the difference in NC.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Yeah! Fuck people who don't work! Fuck em! America!!!!!!!!!
    That's right, fuck them. 1 in 5 families in the US have NO one working, not a single person.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/23/on...working-a-job/
    Newly released government data reveals that in a fifth of U.S. families, not a single person has a job.

The Washington Free Beacon reports that in 19.7 percent of American families, no one is employed, based on data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics released Friday. That’s 16 million families where no one has a job.

The BLS defines a family as a married couple or a man or woman without a spouse present, adding that they are still families regardless of whether they have children. The data surveyed households in 2015 and considers a person employed even if they do not work full time.

Having children increases the likelihood of employment in families. In families with children, 89.3 percent had at least one parent with a job. In married couples with children, 96.7 percent had at least one parent employed.

“Among families of other marital statuses with children, the mother was employed in 70.8 percent of those maintained by mothers in 2015, and the father was employed in 82.1 percent of those maintained by fathers,” the BLS report says.

Race played a significant factor in employment levels, with black families the hardest hit.

“The number of families with at least one member unemployed decreased by 871,000 to 5.6 million in 2015, and the proportion of families with an unemployed person declined by 1.1 percentage points to 6.9 percent,” the BLS report says. “Black and Hispanic families remained more likely to have an unemployed member in 2015 (12.0 percent and 9.7 percent, respectively) than White or Asian families (6.0 percent and 5.7 percent, respectively).”

Employment was up slightly from 80.1 percent of families in 2014 to 80.3 percent in 2015. It’s worth noting that retired couples would be counted in this portion of unemployed families.

“The likelihood of having an employed family member rose in 2015 for Black families (from 76.4 percent to 77.7 percent) and for Hispanic families (from 85.9 percent to 86.4 percent),” the BLS report says. “The likelihood for White and Asian families showed little or no change (80.1 percent and 88.6 percent, respectively).”
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

It's not democrats who view the Republican party more unfavorably. The OP is misleading. It's Republicans who view their own party more negatively which is driving down the Republican numbers.

Is this a surprise to anyone?
    Right-Wing economic policy has been proven to be a complete fraud and failure. It's the fleecing of American wealth for the very wealthy off the backs of hard working Americans. Look at recent polls. Almost half of Republicans think Wall Street is bad for America and Income Inequality is a major problem.
    Their leading presidential candidate is running as a divider-in-chief instead of trying to unite people. He's also under criminal investigation for scamming people out of their hard-earned money. Instead of addressing issues that Americans are facing, Trump and the clown show tried running on fear. Fear from ISIS, fear from brown skinned people, fear of sky fairy wrath, fear from liberals. I think conservatives are tired of having to wear diapers in their 40's+ and want leaders and a party that actually does something for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    The GOP needs less Nixon and more Eisenhower.
    Eisenhower is the man who changed the pledge of alegiance to say "one nation, under god,". Instead of just "one nation, indivisible"..... Which ironically has caused more division in America than ever. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    That's right, fuck them. 1 in 5 families in the US have NO one working, not a single person.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/23/on...working-a-job/
    Does this take into account couples who are retired? Cause my parents don't work and that's not an issue.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Does this take into account couples who are retired? Cause my parents don't work and that's not an issue.
    Second last paragraph that he quotes. It does include those that are retired.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Not sure on that. Technically retired people could still work and some do so it's possible it does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    Bam there you go, missed that in the quote.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    Whoops. Sorry, eyes started glazing over when all the numbers started.

It's rather meaningless to use that number when it includes retired folks. Makes it sounds far worse than reality.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, at the bottom: "It’s worth noting that retired couples would be counted in this portion of unemployed families."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    What difference does it make is one.

The snapping at Sanders people is another.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...aul-March.html

Also the way she looked so utterly bored and detatched during the Benghazi thing was also telling.

More examples are at there. Hilary doesn't have the poise of her Husband.

Just need to push the right buttons.
    Uhm... She didn't really lose her cool there, in fact remembered to blame her opponent for her indiscretions. As for Benghazi, Shanknasty seems to have a different opinion. To that we go...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Doesn't seem like it if you actually listen. She is successfully, if you think she is losing it, pushed the same rhetoric of seeming to care about the families of the victims. Do you think she cares enouph to lose it when it comes to giving a shit about our troop's families in Benghazi?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Doesn't seem like it if you actually listen. She is successfully, if you think she is losing it, pushed the same rhetoric of seeming to care about the families of the victims. Do you think she cares enouph to lose it when it comes to giving a shit about our troop's families in Benghazi?
    She doesn't care at all. That is the problem. Them bugging her and wasting her precious time is more important than their families.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    She doesn't care at all. That is the problem. Them bugging her and wasting her precious time is more important than their families.
    Then she didn't lose her cool. It's your choice... She is either faking it and not losing her cool or she is being honest to lose her cool.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    GOP might be dead after 2016 as far as the presidency. Too many breeders who think Democrats care about them.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Never would have occurred to someone like yourself that not paying people who don't work could be done with compassion, understanding and wisdom.
    The issue of "Don't pay people who don't work!" Logic is that if there is no work to be done what exactly are people supposed to do? This Calvinist borne mindset really is ludicrous when you think of it in practical terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    This Calvinist borne mindset really is ludicrous when you think of it in practical terms.
    On the contrary, it's the essence of practical.