Poll: Stat squish?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Do you think legion should get a stat squish?

The numbers don't bother me to much,but I would still like to see a stat squish. I'd like to see where others stand on this topic.

Deleted
    Hey, 100% people say no.. up to now. I am the majority!

7+ Year Old Account
    It should be squished all the way back to Classic numbers. Then we can go from there, linearly, not exponentially.

I am not too sure how they plan on getting around the issue they had in MoP without doing a squish of some kind. By the time we finish the first raid tier I am pretty sure we are gonna be at ToT Heroic (Mythic) Numbers, which is to say, the second and third (lol) raid tier will be full of bosses like Thok and Garrosh who just heal randomly because gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does this bother people so much? This wasn't even a topic really until Blizzard brought it up themselves before Cata. I could honestly care less either way.

Deleted
    Considering boss hp has bugged out from hitting the cap and defaulting to 1 during testing I don't think it would hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkspearNeverDie View Post
    It should be squished all the way back to Classic numbers. Then we can go from there, linearly, not exponentially.
    I couldn´t agree more

Quote Originally Posted by Pakmanisgod View Post
    Why does this bother people so much? This wasn't even a topic really until Blizzard brought it up themselves before Cata. I could honestly care less either way.
    Because smaller numbers are more immersive, IMO, at least as immersive as a numerical health / mana bar can be. Numbers in the millions are somehow reminiscent of sci fi, its a fantasy genre but not the sword-and-sorcery one which WoW falls under. For me personally the best numbers were in Vanilla, MAYBE TBC. When you've got 2 mil. hp and 5 mil. gold you feel like you're living in Zimbabwe paying bread with a billion Z-dollar note.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkspearNeverDie View Post
    Yep this, and they need to get rid of the "only the content we added last patch matters" mentality as well. Its killing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Yep this, and they need to get rid of the "only the content we added last patch matters" mentality as well. Its killing the game.
    Yeah, it´s quite annyoing really. They had the best chance to revert back to smaller progression and with that keeping players more close together (in terms of gear and with that the ability to play together) in Cata...they could have easily came up with a lore explanation.

They didn´t. And the squish in WoD lasted not long and we are back to insane numbers.

What you said here, the content of the last patch only mentality, is actually kinda related to the problem. The gap between fresh players who hit max level and higher gear is so big, that they need this patches where you can easily catch up and have to abandon the content before. It´s a mechanism so players can play with the rest and at the same time it makes most of the content before the latest raid obsolete.

This design is mind blowing really.
    Last edited by cirdanx; 2016-04-29 at 09:07 PM.

Oh look, yet another forum post unrelated to vanilla quickly becoming a vanilla post. How unexpected...

OT: I think one after Legion would be nice but I don't think we need one going into it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsion View Post
    The numbers don't bother me to much,but I would still like to see a stat squish. I'd like to see where others stand on this topic.
    Nope no stat squish is needed but next expansion maybe.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    When you've got 2 mil. hp and 5 mil. gold you feel like you're living in Zimbabwe paying bread with a billion Z-dollar note.
    Best analogy I've read. Sure, there are mentats among us who are fine with 10-digit hits doing a Jackson Pollock on the screen, but most people can't relate to gigantic numbers.

I'll have to check out mods abbreviating notation, because my heart sank when I saw gear with 1,350 primary stat points . . . again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakmanisgod View Post
    32-bit systems will be approaching the limit as to what they can have as boss health. Garrosh was an example. He had so many phases because Blizz knew that some computer literally couldn't have integers any higher. That was last expansion. In Legion I wouldn't be surprised if the first bosses in the game have to have completely separate health resets to keep the health numbers under control.

I want a squish because, personally, because I can't even read what I hit for. There is just a solid yellow block of numbers above my targets heads. Your corruption ticks for 229,091. Lol what?

Quote Originally Posted by Caughtfire View Post
    32-bit systems will be approaching the limit as to what they can have as boss health. Garrosh was an example. He had so many phases because Blizz knew that some computer literally couldn't have integers any higher. That was last expansion. In Legion I wouldn't be surprised if the first bosses in the game have to have completely separate health resets to keep the health numbers under control.

I want a squish because, personally, because I can't even read what I hit for. There is just a solid yellow block of numbers above my targets heads. Your corruption ticks for 229,091. Lol what?
    They have significantly upped the system requirements for Legion so I doubt boss health will be an issue. There was a Blue post that mentioned player growth between tiers in Legion would be less significant than it was in WoD, so it remains to be seen whether that comes to fruition. As it is now, I think the next squish will come with an expansion after Legion (if there is one).

Deleted
    go awayy i wanna play with ridic numbers for this 1 expac, then squish it 99.9% if ya want

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    go awayy i wanna play with ridic numbers for this 1 expac, then squish it 99.9% if ya want
    Yeah I'm fine with it for another expansion if we can revert back to Vanilla numbers after that and then go sequentially from there instead of exponentially. Current (relevant) content is all that really matters, and older content being more difficult is a pain in the butt but it's also not something that really matters too much. If it's really a struggle then old raids could have a damage buff mechanic where they're made trivial only within the raid instance.

Smaller numbers are far more relatable. When numbers are lower you notice the damage jumps a lot more because each number appears to be given more weight.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Sure, there are mentats among us who are fine with 10-digit hits doing a Jackson Pollock on the screen, but most people can't relate to gigantic numbers.

I'll have to check out mods abbreviating notation, because my heart sank when I saw gear with 1,350 primary stat points . . . again.
    Absolutely, when I hear someone made a 1 mil. crit I imagine them driving a fucking deathstar and razing planets. A sword should hit for a few thousand at best, spells maybe a bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    Absolutely, when I hear someone made a 1 mil. crit I imagine them driving a fucking deathstar and razing planets. A sword should hit for a few thousand at best, spells maybe a bit more.
    That's more on perception/sentimental feeling that has no bearing if it objectively needs to be done.

OT: I think they should put it to early BC/ Late vanilla numbers mainly so they don't have to worry about it for a long time. The numbers don't bother me and honestly right now if they do, go play The Division, good grief the numbers increase worse then WoW does.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi