Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think protesting that way are weird, but.. ok. People do what they want :X and IMO, bathrooms should be designed per genital because of the equipment instaled inside.

But there's a better solution:

We put a tiny microchip in everyone's skull, which will give the person their gender/urinating apparatus designation. And, on every single bathroom doorframe, we place a little sensor. Anyone must register their final gender/urinating apparatus identification with the gov before they can use a public bathroom for the first time.

-If a person's register doesn't match the doorframe's desired code, the chip will get horribly hot until the person leaves the bathroom. Easy!

I just don't give a flush.

You know what, i am also gonna boycott them. Not because of this, but because of the whole tar-jay thing. I have never set my foot in any of their stores, and I doubt I will any time soon. Completely irrelevant that there is none of their stores within thousands of kilometers of me.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    There customer base does not include hetero males? Don't men normally not like shopping with their wives? I thought hipsters avoided the mainstream! What hurt? Are you ok? The maniacal laughter? I am so confused by this post.
    Their 'target' customer is women, it's a female centric store on every level from itemization to layout to staffing and management, even their sales and discounts are tailored for women. Men don't normally like shopping with their wives, no not really. Spend as much time as I have in stores and distribution centers and you see the same looks on their faces, meh. Abject misery and let's get this over withitis.

Hipster was just the phrase I used, probably mostly wrong but correct in some cases but the overly fem guys are the only ones who really love Target because they're almost the intended audience. Don't worry about the hurt, more or less just reflecting on aggravations from dealing with that company for way too long.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    I support this.

I dunno, who is right here isn't exactly crystal clear.

On one hand you don't want to discriminate against transgendered people. On the other, you don't want to open up women and children to perverted dudes who will exploit the rule.

There's really no good answer here.

Why not let them do it?

Perhaps it will let them gauge how much support they have.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

On one hand you don't want to discriminate against transgendered people. On the other, you don't want to open up women and children to perverted dudes who will exploit the rule.

Yes there is -- realize that no one is waiting for a law to let them into the bathroom legally to then commit the crime of sexual assault.

I mean really. Who is sitting around going "Oh I can't wait for this law to pass so I can go molest a 10 year old in the bathroom"???

C'mon. It's just fearmongering with no reality base on it.

Not to mention there are a TON of transgender people who would never pass for the sex they were born as -- so what then??

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Yes there is -- realize that no one is waiting for a law to let them into the bathroom legally to then commit the crime of sexual assault.

I mean really. Who is sitting around going "Oh I can't wait for this law to pass so I can go molest a 10 year old in the bathroom"???

Not to mention there are a TON of transgender people who would never pass for the sex they were born as -- so what then??
    It's not necessarily about assault, I agree if someones planning on doing that they aren't going to care about the law. But as far as just being a perv... yeah I can see people doing that.

Also it's not like transgender people just now started using public bathrooms, hell if you live in a big city you've probably seen one and had no idea.

1 million people perv on other people in the bathroom to check out what equipment they have apparently. Stalls have doors for a reason people, stop looking at other people going to the bathroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not necessarily about assault, I agree if someones planning on doing that they aren't going to care about the law. But as far as just being a perv... yeah I can see people doing that.
    If someone is going to be a peeping tom (which I believe is still a crime) then they are going to do it anyway.

I understand why people think this way, but it doesn't stand up well under any sort of pressure testing.

No, you have 1,000,000 people who are armchair outraged to claim they will boycott Target then when they run out of paper towels head right on over and buy some.

It's a shame that the transgender community is the next up at bat at the "acceptable minority to bash on" game.
    We need to reserve our bashing for privileged white males. Forever and always the only acceptable group to bash on. Regressives sure do love their out-groups to hate. Common-sense liberals like myself are a dying breed it seems.

10+ Year Old Account

Except we already have laws that prevent that kind of exploitation. Otherwise, lesbians could sexually harass women and children in the women's washroom without any repercussion.

This is a complete non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Except we already have laws that prevent that kind of exploitation. Otherwise, lesbians could sexually harass women and children in the women's washroom without any repercussion.

This is a complete non-issue.
    Yeah, that's a really good point.

10+ Year Old Account
    When are the super conservative people going to say boycotting is wrong?

Deleted
    One week later, most of them will shop there again anyway.

Nothing prevents male predators from preying on little boys in the men's restroom, or female predators from preying on little girls in the woman's restroom. I don't see how allowing trans people to use whatever washroom they want suddenly unlocks any special opportunities for sex crimes to occur.

I love reading the bigotry and intolerance that's found within this thread. After all, we're living in the inclusive, tolerant, multicultural, and diverse era where everyone's opinion and choices are respected.

That's a lot of bigots!

Seriously though... It only took 50k(?) to get target to remove GTA5 from it's shelves in Australia. Wonder how strong their commitment is when they're losing millions of dollars. Betting they'll cave if it's actually true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.