Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I think Millennials are less deluded by the american dream than earlier generations, though.
    The Tyler Durden Generation:

Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Not that I buy in to the generation bashing, but what exactly have the millennials' liberal arts degrees done for them?
    It's done wonders! Now instead of merely asking "Would you like fries with that?" a philosophy degree will qualify them to say "Why would you like fries with that?"

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Not that I buy in to the generation bashing, but what exactly have the millennials' liberal arts degrees done for them? I'm a big fan of education, but in the internet age you don't need to spend $30,000 to learn about philosophy and art. Getting a useless degree is.....useless. Many would have been better off learning a trade and pursuing their intellectual interests on their spare time.
    Millennials are a generation that might be acutely aware that education isn't for the sole purpose of becoming wealthy, tis' not those that learned things that messed up, I would say it is the simple fact that there are not enough jobs period, even if every single Millennial went to trade school the value of trades would plummet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I literally learned in this thread that I was a Millennial.

Catchy song though.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Millennials are a generation that might be acutely aware that education isn't for the sole purpose of becoming wealthy, tis' not those that learned things that messed up, I would say it is the simple fact that there are not enough jobs period, even if every single Millennial went to trade school the value of trades would plummet.
    At least here in Germany it used to be the opposite. A lot of the older generation still complain how university was not intended to supply the market with educated human capital, but to learn for the sake of finding your self and all that tosh. It's another one of these phenomena where I'm not sure everyone in the generation has always seen it the same way...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    At least here in Germany it used to be the opposite. A lot of the older generation still complain how university was not intended to supply the market with educated human capital, but to learn for the sake of finding your self and all that tosh. It's another one of these phenomena where I'm not sure everyone in the generation has always seen it the same way...
    Americans uniquely have a lust for money, IMHO. Calvin Coolidge even said "The Business of America, is Business." Or Morris Berman says "A nation of Hucksters."
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Americans uniquely have a lust for money, IMHO. Calvin Coolidge even said "The Business of America, is Business." Or Morris Berman says "A nation of Hucksters."
    Considering the costs of your education I'm surprised someone would actually dare to study anything without any tangible benefit..

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Kinda funny how self-hatin [X] always consider themselves to be better than those other [X]'s.

Always amusing when someone on a gaming forum, a wow one no less, complains about millennials.

Even more amusing when someone who has been born after or shortly before WW2 complains.. because you surely, as a whole, have achieved a lot. I'd like to remind you who laid the foundation for today's mess, whose generation provided the fucked up politicians which are currently ruining it for everyone. It would also help if you guys were so kind as to die with 60-70 again. That would certainly lessen the load on the 1.4~1.9 children you decided to have and the example you guys set for every generation after that. In turn we will apologize for facebook and twitter, deal?
    Pretty much this. The ones complaining about millennials are the ones that created the mess in the first place. They're the ones handing out all of these trophies. Speaking of, I've yet to receive my trophy for existing. Do I have to fill out an application, or are my parents supposed to fill it out for me?

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering the costs of your education I'm surprised someone would actually dare to study anything without any tangible benefit..
    The cost of our education is a nationally self inflicted wound. We do it purely to try and encourage that sort of action by the poor, were as the wealthy can get a much fuller liberal arts education.

Since the 60's its been somewhat of the prerogative of government to avoid another situation of protesting young people with cheap access to knowledge and education.

Lyrics seem misguided. The common millennial is more commonly whining that there is no American dream (example: this forum) than sitting there deluding him/herself that they'll be a millionaire by 30. Also, find it odd that a Christian channel would publish such a song. Does that actually work? Do people convert when you're insulting them? Is that identity warfare?

Honestly if people went to school to learn actual skills and degrees that could be used in the market place. And then got a job and went back to school to learn whatever crap they want to, they'd be far better off.

America has a number of bad, passed on mentalities.
    - People think they are entitled to a house, yard, white picket fence, and 2 1/2 kids.
    - People think college is the gateway to success, regardless of what they learned.
    - People think they become incapable of learning after their mid-20's.
    - People see vocational/skill schools as second best to college regardless of what they are learning.
    - People think they should have a 9 to 5 office job.
    - Most importantly, people carry the mentality that they can do anything they want until they are entirely too old.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Every new generation is worse than the last. At least the old generations always seem to think so.
    The middle ages were the best times I tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    If you mean by having more time in classroom environments sitting on their asses and being indoctrinated then absolutely. If you mean by having more knowledge about anything actually useful, then I have to disagree.
    Higher degrees, better scores on tests etc.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a word for this phenomena, Juvenoia. I recommend watching this Vsauce video on it, I found it very interesting.

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Lyrics seem misguided. The common millennial is more commonly whining that there is no American dream (example: this forum) than sitting there deluding him/herself that they'll be a millionaire by 30. Also, find it odd that a Christian channel would publish such a song. Does that actually work? Do people convert when you're insulting them? Is that identity warfare?
    It's Hammerfest. They've already bought into the big lie. That's why shit like this goes down easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    It makes me feel good, because it can only mean the End Times are upon us.
    This is not a crazy thing to say at all.

Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Millionaire by the 30s? Yeah, welcome to every generation in America ever, and the fundamental reason why people support policies that they will never benefit from - because hey, in 20 years they'll definitely be rich, and then all these rich friendly policies they supported will come back to benefit them!

In fact, all of these are basically just complaints that you can apply to near every generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    And how many other generations of young people has this guy witnessed? Oh right, none. Funny how the people who complain about the youngest generation have never actually been around for any other generations young period. The baby boomers bitched about Gen X, Gen X bitches about Gen Y, so on and so on.
    what is gen y and why does almost no one talk about them?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have always thought that the generation coming after them is worse than their own, this is nothing new.

Eventually, Generation Y will be getting old and jaded and start whining about generation Z and so on.

Not only has this all been said before throughout history in multiple contexts, but all conceivable metrics are currently showing that the current Milliennials and Gen X'rs are the first generations in US history to be worse off than those before them.

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it! Or complain about some kind of victim complex or whatever, anything but the facts.