Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Source

More than one million people have decided they will no longer buy their Nutter Butters or Wet Wipes at Target.

The American Family Association launched a boycott of the nation’s second largest retailer a week ago – over Target’s corporate policy allowing men who identify as women to use the bathrooms and fitting rooms of their choosing.

“We believe that everyone – every team member, every guest, and every community – deserves to be protected from discrimination, and treated equally,” the company wrote in a statement. “Consistent with this belief, Target supports the federal Equality Act, which provides protections to LGBT individuals, and opposes action that enables discrimination.”

American Family Association, one of the most prominent and respected family advocacy groups in the nation, warned that Target’s policy puts women and children in danger.

“Nearly everyone has a mother, wife, daughter or friend who is put in jeopardy by this policy,” AFA President Tim Wildmon said. “Predators and voyeurs would take advantage of the policy to prey on those who are vulnerable.”

And it’s pretty clear that more than a million customers agree with the American Family Association.

“Everybody knows it’s wrong for men to use the same bathrooms and fitting rooms with little girls,” Wildmon told me. “Target has decided they don’t care about the vast majority. They only care about the tiny, tiny minority.”

The American Family Association stressed that their boycott has nothing to do with the transgender community.

“We want to make it very clear that AFA does not believe the transgender community poses this danger to the wider public,” Wildmon said. “Rather, this misguided and reckless policy provides a possible gateway for predators who are out there.”

I’ve never been one to tell you how to spend your hard-earned money. It’s not my place. But I don’t mind telling you that the Starnes family has joined the boycott.

Granted, Target has every right to determine its corporate policies. But I also have a right to buy my Cocoa Puffs at a place that respects common sense.

For the sake of inclusivity, would Target allow a 16-year-old who identifies as a 21-year-old to purchase a six-pack of beer? Would Target provide a senior citizen discount to a 30-year-old who identifies as a 70-year-old?

Wildmon told me the Target boycott struck a nerve with a significant section of the country. Many people have grown tired of Hollywood and Big Business trying to bully and intimidate local governments.

“Corporate America must stop bullying people who disagree with the radical Left agenda to remake society into their progressive image,” he said. “This boycott is a reaction to the bullying we’ve seen in places like North Carolina and Mississippi.”

Among the most vocal supporters of AFA’s boycott is evangelical leader Franklin Graham.

“A man shouldn’t be able to enter the women’s restroom or dressing room because he says he ‘feels like a woman today,’” Graham wrote on Facebook. “That’s ridiculous. The fact is, gender identity isn’t something we choose or feel. We are the sex God created us to be – male or female. How a person feels doesn’t change the facts.”

It’s as if an anatomical fog has rolled across the fruited plain – causing befuddlement in bathroom stalls from coast to coast.

So perhaps I can provide some clarity to the Great Latrine Wars of 2016. Those of you with man-parts should use the men’s room and those of you with lady-parts should use the ladies room.

I suspect that right about now you’re probably thinking your friendly neighborhood columnist is a bit politically incorrect. Well, it’s true – I am.

When I was growing up we just had boys and girls (him and her, not ze and zir). Our bathroom choices were limited to our God-given plumbing.

So maybe Target ought to consider going old school.

It’s pretty much a fool-proof system -- unless you happen to be at Long John Silver’s – and then the men should use the buoys room and the ladies should use the gull’s room.

And no matter if you identify as a him or her or ze or zir -- be sure to courtesy flush.

When I first heard of this boycott I thought maybe 10,000 people max would do it. Had no idea it would reach over 1 million that's crazy. Targets stock is also plunging. I'm all for this change but, Target needs to reconsider its bathroom policy before this gets out of hand even more.
    Maybe you should learn how to read a stock chart instead of crying that the sky is falling from sites like "bermaterkrjerbz.com". Stocks go up, stocks go down. A million drama queens isn't going to stop them from doing the right thing. They would hurt their business much more by caving to something that is not a problem. Yes, that's right. Transgender people have been using bathrooms they've identified with all along with no problems. But there have been problems with priests in churches. And coaches in locker rooms. But for some reason that doesn't get brought up. Only dimwits and their political insecurities.

And if you need a hand, here ya go.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=tgt+Interactive#{"allowChartStacking":true}

As you can see by this chart stocks rise and fall more dramatically all the time. Anytime a company makes news you'll see it. It'll be back up. And people that invest know this. The masses aren't rushing to dump their shares of a good stock because breitbart.com said something.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I called them a bigot because that's what they are. They are intolerant of a company who holds the opinion that people should use the bathroom they are comfortable in. I never once said that I am going to boycott something they support. Also saying someone who is intolerant of intolerance is a bigot is a fallacious one. The intolerance paradox is a bullshit made by simple minds to make themselves feel okay about their hate.

Being a bigot is not unique to conservatives, but it definitely leans that way due to their defined party lines.
    so I'm a bigot for not wanting to worry about my young daughter being forced to use a public bathroom with a grown man that could or could not be a transgender or some pervert dressing up a women so to do his perverted crap hell according to Target you dont even have to resemble or be dressed as a women to use what ever fucking bathroom you want

If that makes me a bigot then I will proudly wear that title

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not even 1%.

Oh well, shame for them. Target is nicer than Wal-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I called them a bigot because that's what they are. They are intolerant of a company who holds the opinion that people should use the bathroom they are comfortable in. I never once said that I am going to boycott something they support. Also saying someone who is intolerant of intolerance is a bigot is a fallacious one. The intolerance paradox is a bullshit made by simple minds to make themselves feel okay about their hate.

Being a bigot is not unique to conservatives, but it definitely leans that way due to their defined party lines.
    Lol a person is not a bigot simply because you call them one. Not wanting my young daughters to share a bathroom with a grown man does not make me a bigot. It makes me a good parent. Target is free to do what they want in their stores. I am free to take my business elsewhere and to encourage others of like mind to do the same. Nobody's freedoms have been infringed upon here. Seems to me you are the only one being intolerant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    so I'm a bigot for not wanting to worry about my young daughter being forced to use a public bathroom with a grown man that could or could not be a transgender or some pervert dressing up a women so to do his perverted crap hell according to Target you dont even have to resemble or be dressed as a women to use what ever fucking bathroom you want

Someone had sex with you? And a child was born from that? That is a scary thought. Again, there have been more Republican politicians arrested for lewd behavior in a bathroom than a transgendered person.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So they are making them use the bathroom based on their birth certificate and you are fine with them? So a trans man has to go into the ladies room because he was born a woman and you would be fine with that? Not me.
    Yeah, this. I don't know any transmen (or transwomen, for that matter), but from what I can tell, testosterone is stupid powerful, and most transmen end up looking almost completely male after a year or so. So under this law, people who identify and mostly appear to be wholly male will be forced to use the women's room because...reasons.

My (admittedly uninformed) reasoning is that people are turned off by the idea of transwomen. I don't know, this shit doesn't happen over here.

if a grown man is dressing up as a woman just to be a pervert in a women's bathroom, then why the hell would he care about a law? he clearly knows he's already doing something wrong. that's not a transgender person. it's just a pervert.

honestly, how many of these 1 mil people have even met a transgender person, let alone seen one in a bathroom?

so many conservatives freaking out over something they think might possibly happen at some point in the future...maybe.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Doesn't it just warm your heart to see a million US citizens get together in the spirit of bigotry and hate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, as I've seen others put it, if you want to spot-check people's genitalia to figure out what bathroom you want to let them use, you're the one with weird issues, not the people you're harassing.

Yeah, current laws always work for sexual predators. Our current laws are too weak though, which is why there are so many predators. Clearly, more laws will protect your daughters from perverts.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Look at these SJWs boycotting Target, right guys!?
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

I agree with the boycott in principle. Its a poorly thought out policy that puts people in danger. And not because of the transgender people, but because the policy is incredibly easily taken advantage of by anyone who feels like it.
    Not to mention the fact that the premise is pretty silly, they want to let people use the restroom they feel comfortable with, while not considering the comfort level of the others using the restroom.
    Human gender is binary. How you feel about your identity is your own business and freedom, but others don't have to cater to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Hell, as I've seen others put it, if you want to spot-check people's genitalia to figure out what bathroom you want to let them use, you're the one with weird issues, not the people you're harassing.
    Yeah I can't remember every seeing someone elses genitals while going to the bathroom even while using the urinal and there is no reason why there should be a urinal in a woman's bathroom.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    so I'm a bigot for not wanting to worry about my young daughter being forced to use a public bathroom with a grown man
    You must be afraid of your own shadow.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Lol a person is not a bigot simply because you call them one. Not wanting my young daughters to share a bathroom with a grown man does not make me a bigot. It makes me a good parent. Target is free to do what they want in their stores. I am free to take my business elsewhere and to encourage others of like mind to do the same. Nobody's freedoms have been infringed upon here. Seems to me you are the only one being intolerant.
    You're all fucked up over non issues. Transgender people have been using bathrooms they've identified with since public bathrooms existed. But now all of the sudden it's an issue? Nope. Where did the issue come from? People trying to create issues out of non issues so they can validate their fucked up passive/aggressive feelings. People think they're flying under the radar of hate. But they aren't. Some people need to try to justify their hatred. And this is one of those passive/aggressive ways to do it.

Trump even agreed with this. He said it should just stay like it is. Because it's never been a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    and what keeps a male dressed as a male full beard and all claim I'm transgender and walk into the women's restroom?
    My problem isn't trying to keep true transgender out of women's restroom my problem is keeping perverts from claiming they are so to do their perverted crap in women restrooms

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Yeah, current laws always work for sexual predators. Our current laws are too weak though, which is why there are so many predators. Clearly, more laws will protect your daughters from perverts.
    so lets make a law to make it easier for a sexual predators do the their sexual predator crap and make it legal for them to do so

and what keeps a male dressed as a male full beard and all claim I'm transgender and walk into the women's restroom?
    My problem isn't trying to keep true transgender out of women's restroom my problem is keeping perverts from claiming they are so to do their perverted crap in women restrooms
    Bringing all of this attention to it doesn't help, believe it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Look at these SJWs boycotting Target, right guys!?
    Yep. I've always said there are SJW's on BOTH sides of social issues. And this proves that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It's a shame that the transgender community is the next up at bat at the "acceptable minority to bash on" game.
    It's a shame that so many are caving in to this first-world-problem special-snowflake gender bullshit.

If people want to be a male and pretend to be a female, fine. It's when they start demanding that other people bend over backwards to meet their special "trans" demands, that annoys me.

Oh no, he's doing his perverted stuff like peeing?! Or maybe even.....taking a shit?! NOOOOOOO.

Enjoy your title.