Page 9 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Except we already have laws that prevent that kind of exploitation. Otherwise, lesbians could sexually harass women and children in the women's washroom without any repercussion.

This is a complete non-issue.
    Exactly.

To quote John Oliver:

It is so much easier for everyone involved when you're allowed to use the bathroom that matches your gender identity, rather than one that matches the genitals you were born with..... that is why the little pictures on bathroom doors are stereotypical representations of men and women, rather than biologically accurate depictions of penises and vaginas.

And look, this is a civil rights issue. And if you're not willing to support transgender people, for their sake, at least do it for your own sake. Because, we've been through this before, and we know how this is going to end, if you take the anti-civil rights side, and try to deny people the rights that they are entitled to, history is NOT going to be kind to you. There's no biopics out there, where Liam Neeson kicks the shit out of a suffragist, there are no stamps featuring George Wallace at the schoolhouse door, and YOU are NOT going to get a monument that says at the base of it: "You told people were to shit!"

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    I await your well crafted response to my predictable question.
    You didn't ask me. But here's my response anyway.

I believe gun ownership is fine. I believe that it should be restricted to not allow obviously mentally handicapped people to purchase guns.

Now here's why this has nothing to do with the thread, but you brought it up because you don't have the ability to argue the situation in front of you.

Guns are an item that can be used to kill people. They can't kill someone with a gun without a gun.
    Predatory behavior in a bathroom is an action. An action that doesn't require an item or really anything except the desire to do so. If someone wanted to attack women in the bathroom, they would already be doing it. Being allowed to walk in doesn't change the fact that their actions thereafter are illegal. I can easily walk into a women's bathroom now as a male and there's a good chance nobody would notice or comment on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I await your well crafted response to my predictable question.
    You say you don't want your daughter using the same restroom as Mrs Doubtfire, but what happens when you see a man walk into the woman's restroom? After all, you wanted this man using the woman's restroom, because this man still has female genitalia. Oh yeah, this works both directions...

So you don't want your daughter using the same restroom as someone who looks like a woman but has a penis. Why is that exactly? Do you feel this person might have some kind of sexual attraction towards your daughter? What about lesbians? Are you worried about them creeping on your daughter?

A lot of stores already have this policy that people can use whatever restroom they identify with, and nobody abuses this rule. People go into public restrooms to shit and piss. You, among others, seem to be the ones overthinking this issue of who's going to be creeping on your daughter, as it's not been an issue at all thus far for all the stores that have this policy.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Which makes total sense when a woman walks in to a man's room just because she was a man two years ago . . .
    I can just imagine how that would go down. XD

Man: "wow! a chick is in here! Nice. "
    Woman: "Sorry, I'm only in here because I was a guy."
    Man: http://www.callcentermemes.com/wp-co...ised_gasp1.png

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    You say you don't want your daughter using the same restroom as Mrs Doubtfire, but what happens when you see a man walk into the woman's restroom? After all, you wanted this man using the woman's restroom, because this man still has female genitalia. Oh yeah, this works both directions...

So you don't want your daughter using the same restroom as someone who looks like a woman but has a penis. Why is that exactly? Do you feel this person might have some kind of sexual attraction towards your daughter? What about lesbians? Are you worried about them creeping on your daughter?

A lot of stores already have this policy that people can use whatever restroom they identify with, and nobody abuses this rule. People go into public restrooms to shit and piss. You, among others, seem to be the ones overthinking this issue of who's going to be creeping on your daughter, as it's not been an issue at all thus far for all the stores that have this policy.
    This all comes down to these ignorant fools believing that transgender people are psychopaths who suffer from severe mental problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    it isn't a slippery slope it has already been done

Perv Follows Girl Into Bathroom, Cops Sickened By What They Found In Stall

http://madworldnews.com/perv-follows-girl-bathroom/

- - - Updated - - -

before now you could report a man a obvious man being in the women's restroom and have him removed now you cant and will be labeled a bigot for trying to have the obvious man removed
    Your link isn't showing a man dressing as a woman to exploit a law, you are showing a pervert that will do that anyway and have done that anyway no matter if this law was written anyway. If that is your argument, then you need to get a fucking new argument. Your problem is that you don't understand that they wrote a law for a nonissue. There have been more Republican politicians arrested in bathrooms doing lewd things than Transgendered persons arrested in bathrooms doing lewd things.

And this is based off what exactly? What threat do you think they pose to your daughter?
    I have five daughters. I think modesty is important so out of respect for their modesty and mine I don't take them into men's rooms when they are big enough to use the restroom themselves. Say we're at Target one day. It's not a busy time of day so there is low traffic in the restroom. I send my oldest, she's 8, into the ladies' room and wait outside the door like I usually do. Say there was a predator in there. Not waiting per se, but in there and sees a target of opportunity to either molest, or expose himself to my daughter. I'd be none the wiser until it was too late.

Now I suppose you could say a woman could do this too but it is far, far, far less likely. Men are the overwhelming percentage of perpetrators of violent and sexual crime. Target has decided it is more important to cater to the desires of the "transgender" community and their supporters than it is to cater to my wife and daughters. They are free to make that choice, and I am free not to spend my money there. I'm sorry if you believe that makes me a bigot. You are incorrect in that belief.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have five daughters. I think modesty is important so out of respect for their modesty and mine I don't take them into men's rooms when they are big enough to use the restroom themselves. Say we're at Target one day. It's not a busy time of day so there is low traffic in the restroom. I send my oldest, she's 8, into the ladies' room and wait outside the door like I usually do. Say there was a predator in there. Not waiting per se, but in there and sees a target of opportunity to either molest, or expose himself to my daughter. I'd be none the wiser until it was too late.

Now I suppose you could say a woman could do this too but it is far, far, far less likely. Men are the overwhelming percentage of perpetrators of violent and sexual crime. Target has decided it is more important to cater to the desires of the "transgender" community and their supporters than it is to cater to my wife and daughters. They are free to make that choice, and I am free not to spend my money there. I'm sorry if you believe that makes me a bigot. You are incorrect in that belief.
    Pervert is going to go in whether this law is in place or not. This law harasses transgender far more than it fixes any issue of perverts going into stalls to peep on kids (which is already illegal.)
    Putin khuliyo

Everyplace should just be required to make one big unisex bathroom that everyone has to use and not have separate ones period

Now let's pretend like we live in the real world for a moment:

If a predator decides they want to wait in a bathroom to molest someone, I don't think they really care about the rule on which bathroom they should be in.

I don't know what stores you frequent, but none of the ones I do have people stationed outside the bathrooms to monitor anything so that perv could go in there regardless of if they allowed transgendered people in there or not.

The perv is already breaking the law, it's not like a law on bathrooms is suddenly going to make them question their course of action. "Nah, man, I was going to rape some bitches, but I can't break that new bathroom law, that's just too much."

15+ Year Old Account

What you described is a sexual predator being in the woman's restroom, not a transgender person.

What happens when you see a man walk in there? Oh but that man had a vagina, and you insisted that they use the same restroom as their naughty bits. So you're going to be fine with that?

What about lesbians?

You seem to have linked transgenderism with pedophilia, which it is not. There have been men who very convincingly dress as women and go into women's restrooms to creep. You nor the store are going to be any the wiser in such a case.

You've probably used the men's restrooms with transgenders pissing in the stall/urinal next to you and not been the wiser. Your daughters will with almost certainty have the same happen to them, and neither you nor them will be none the wiser, and said transgendered person won't even think about molesting them.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    You didn't ask me. But here's my response anyway.

I believe gun ownership is fine. I believe that it should be restricted to not allow obviously mentally handicapped people to purchase guns.

Now here's why this has nothing to do with the thread, but you brought it up because you don't have the ability to argue the situation in front of you.

Guns are an item that can be used to kill people. They can't kill someone with a gun without a gun.
    Predatory behavior in a bathroom is an action. An action that doesn't require an item or really anything except the desire to do so. If someone wanted to attack women in the bathroom, they would already be doing it. Being allowed to walk in doesn't change the fact that their actions thereafter are illegal. I can easily walk into a women's bathroom now as a male and there's a good chance nobody would notice or comment on it.
    I wasn't trying to turn this into a gun control thread. Worthy topic for another time perhaps. I was calling into question the validity of the argument which says we shouldn't make a rule because people will break it. I was also calling into question certain people in this thread's commitment to that argument when the topic in question is not something they support. If you cannot in the very least acknowledge the validity of that question, you either lack intelligence or intellectual honesty. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the latter.

Deleted
    Yes their stock totally fell by 3% this week! OMG sell, sell, sell! The boycott is ruining them! Bankruptcy incoming.

Except ... they are currently at their 6 month high and gained 16% since the year started. Their stock is pretty much as high as its ever been (ok a few % off but pretty close). Cautious traders are selling right now and it is completely unrelated to the boycott.

I love it when people think that they have influence over big corporation or the stock market. 1 million people claiming they will boycott target (when 99% actually won't do it) is nothing. If the boycott did anything will be visible in the upcoming quarters sales (and likely be completely unaffected). However, by then the attention will have shifted to another topic.

But hey ... headlines, right?

http://www.nasdaq.com/en/symbol/tgt/interactive-chart
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2016-04-30 at 01:24 AM.

Sometimes I wonder what planet some of you Yanks are from.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    "Our boycott has nothing to do with the transgender community"... yeah except by constantly refering to MtFs as "men" shows otherwise.
    Welp, they are men. Whether you and they choose to believe it or not.

Also, what about females that think they are men? It's OK for them to use the males washroom, as there are absolutely no female predators?

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    Welp, they are men. Whether you and they choose to believe it or not.

Also, what about females that think they are men? It's OK for them to use the males washroom, as there are absolutely no female predators?
    Maybe they are predators and you people want to make them go to the women's bathroom with little girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4summersales

Takes a few weeks and a couple of sales ads flyers and the million are right back at it in the next Target.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Do you know of many cases (if any) of lesbian pedophiles who tried to molest little girls or lure them in a public place though? Also, I'm sorry if you feel that people "creeping" on your child is no big thing, and that the obvious super fragile feelings of transgender people are far more important.

Listen, I support the rights of transgender people, and I feel all people should have equal rights...but, to just blow off things like pedo's trying to creep on your child as "bigotry"...it just reeks of someone jumping on the hivemind bandwagon of the vast majority of today's people, instead of actually using their own mind for a moment. Being scared of male pedo's in the bathroom with your children is a legit concern, at least with me being a male and not being able to accompany my daughter into a restroom. There is NO such thing as overthinking what potential horrible things can happen to your small child, like you seem to think. Just because someone does not agree with you on this issue does not immediately mean they are a bigot, you and the people would make these claims are just jumping to the easiest conclusions you can, to try and prove your own point by making others who don't fully agree with you look like terrible people.

ALSO...how in the hell do you know that all the places who currently have these kinds of restrooms have had zero issues thus far? While I certainly believe it is true, how exactly do you go about monitoring the bathroom habits of people in random stores across the country? I guess if nothing bad has happened yet, then nothing bad ever will.

I personally don't quite know how to feel about this subject yet, and I also don't know the "criteria" of letting people in these bathrooms. If some big guy with a huge beard and a shaved head who clearly is not transgender wanted to go in the ladies bathroom, can he just say "but I feel like a woman" and be allowed entry? Can some drunken skank women at a club sue the club for not being allowed entry into the men's bathroom, even though they say they supposedly identify as men (but really just wanted to use the men's room because the women's line was too long)?

What you described is a sexual predator being in the woman's restroom, not a transgender person.

What happens when you see a man walk in there? Oh but that man had a vagina, and you insisted that they use the same restroom as their naughty bits. So you're going to be fine with that?

What about lesbians?

You seem to have linked transgenderism with pedophilia, which it is not. There have been men who very convincingly dress as women and go into women's restrooms to creep. You nor the store are going to be any the wiser in such a case.

You've probably used the men's restrooms with transgenders pissing in the stall/urinal next to you and not been the wiser. Your daughters will with almost certainty have the same happen to them, and neither you nor them will be none the wiser, and said transgendered person won't even think about molesting them.
    Wrong, I've called into question a scenario where a predator, transgendered or otherwise can justify his presence in the ladies' room to anyone who might ask, and thereby position himself to inflict harm on my daughter where I can't protect her. On the other hand, I suppose under this rule I can just park my ass outside her stall in the ladies' room and if any of the women in there are made uncomfortable by the presence of a big hairy guy with a baseball cap on I can just tell them I'm transgendered and that they can go pound sand.