Page 15 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Your side of the argument is the only one that keeps bringing up law abiding trans-gendered people. You refuse to acknowledge that our complaint is not "ewww transgender people are gross," but rather that under this rule, Larry the cable guy could follow my daughters into that bathroom so long as he said he's transgender and I could not go in there to watch them unless I did the same. You further refuse to acknowledge that men are prevented from entering ladies rooms by the threat men like me pose when a frantic woman comes out of the ladies room saying some creepy guy is in there. If that happened, I and probably a half dozen other angry assholes would be in there like a pack of rabid wolves. This is how most social norms, especially those with regards to the privacy of women, are enforced.
    So, based on this post, we've now established that as far as you're concerned, only women are entitled to privacy in the bathroom, predators only prey on little girls (and little boys are never molested or targeted), and women are certainly never predators (and as such you never have to worry about what will happen if some strange woman is in the bathroom with your daughter).

Ultimately, a person could try to just say they're "transgender"... but if they want to actually use that as a valid defense, they'll have to be willing to go to court, at which point unless they can present some evidence to show that this is more than just a ploy, it's going to fail.

So I'm wrong for not wanting a man to be in the room with my daughter while she's peeing? Why stop at transgendered? Why prevent any man from being in there?
    But wouldn't that solve the problem if you were allowed to accompany your daughter?

So I'm wrong for not wanting a man to be in the room with my daughter while she's peeing? Why stop at transgendered? Why prevent any man from being in there?
    You can't. My over 30 basketball team at my fitness club can walk in the women's shower and stare at naked and wet little girls whenever we want. Evidently some people think that's a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Felya, how often do you hear about women getting raped by other women, as opposed to women getting raped by men? The rape thing isn't the real problem though, people just find a man going into the women's room really gross, even if that man believes they are a female.
    Seeing as how I frequently visit this forum, but never browsing rape cases... I'll go with a lot... I'll remind you of this on the next 'feminists are stupid' thread.

I think my neighbors are really gross... Let's ban them from entering any bathroom...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Also the "just change your ID" argument has some problems. Putting aside the fact that that can be difficult to impossible in a lot of states, its called transitioning for a reason. You don't just flip a switch. Doctors won't even perform a gender reassignment unless you've been living as your new gender for some time. Given the significant emotional stress that transitioning carries I'm exceptionally wary of any "solution" that tells someone transitioning that they have go through all the effort of legally changing their gender and make a hard decision before they're allowed to piss in a public bathroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet, shorter lines.

I'm really baffled at all the "it'll just let predators, who are always male, into the women's room. We have to protect the little girls from these predators!".

I.. wow. Just.. wow. Yes, all sexual predators are men, they always go after girls, and the world is a black and white 50s film.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    You can't. My over 30 basketball team at my fitness club can walk in the women's shower and stare at naked and wet little girls whenever we want. Evidently some people think that's a good thing.
    Does that happen? Not that anyone is arguing against rules about leering.

- - - Updated - - -

This is basically to the point of "why not just let them marry their dog 2.0". Transpeople exist. There is no wave of people pretending to be trans to commit crimes that are already illegal in public bathrooms in the first place. Its pure moral panic.

You should be more worried about letting your son share a bathroom with grown men. Especially Republican Congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Does that happen? Not that anyone is arguing against rules about leering.

- - - Updated - - -

what will now keep it from happening? not a dam thing and you will be called a bigot if you complain when it does happen

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Wrong buddy, you specifically brought up predators(which is used specifically to describe those who commit sex crimes). I simply responded to it.
    No buddy. I didn't refer to any crimes whatsoever. In fact the term predator refers to someone who is trying to obtain contact with someone else. You're thinking of sex offenders.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you wouldn't let your daughter go into the bathroom alone. Did you take her to women's or men's? Yes, it's a catch 22...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    what will now keep it from happening?
    The laws already in place about public behavior? Jesus you act like there's a switch that some shadowy pedophile organization is going to throw and they'll all start dressing in skirts and molesting girls in bathrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    So, based on this post, we've now established that as far as you're concerned, only women are entitled to privacy in the bathroom, predators only prey on little girls (and little boys are never molested or targeted), and women are certainly never predators (and as such you never have to worry about what will happen if some strange woman is in the bathroom with your daughter).

Ultimately, a person could try to just say they're "transgender"... but if they want to actually use that as a valid defense, they'll have to be willing to go to court, at which point unless they can present some evidence to show that this is more than just a ploy, it's going to fail.
    Your logical fallacy is....... Strawman

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    When you wouldn't let your daughter go into the bathroom alone. Did you take her to women's or men's? Yes, it's a catch 22...
    tell me can you tell the difference from a real transgender apart from a pervert claiming they are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    "Our boycott has nothing to do with the transgender community"... yeah except by constantly refering to MtFs as "men" shows otherwise.
    Because they are. Theyre MEN. They were born with a penis. They have an XY chromosome. You cant change that. You're a dude. You may be a dude with tits, or a dude with a fake vagina. But you're still a fucking dude.

Inb4 banned for being a bigot for stating scientific facts.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-05-02 at 02:00 PM. Reason: reversed

10+ Year Old Account
    what will now keep it from happening? not a dam thing and you will be called a bigot if you complain when it does happen
    What would stop them from doing it, if a law would not permit it? Maybe have a sign, kind of like 'gun free zones'. Because I'm sure you agree how well those work...

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The laws already in place about public behavior? Jesus you act like there's a switch that some shadowy pedophile organization is going to throw and they'll all start dressing in skirts and molesting girls in bathrooms.
    what law is there that keeps you from looking at another in the restroom changing room or shower?

what law is there that keeps you from looking at another in the restroom changing room or shower?
    There is no law that does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Because they are. Theyre MEN. They were born with a penis. They have an XY chromosome. You cant change that. You're a dude. You may be a dude with tits, or a dude with a fake vagina. But you're still a fucking dude.

Inb4 banned for being a bigot for stating scientific facts.
    I don't recall anything in the definition of the word about birth or chromosomes or anything like that.

I'm not particularly familiar with the relevant legal code for your state, but if you think that's the problem then you should still oppose this transphobic law as it does nothing to stop that.