Poll: do you like to go camping and do you like the outdoors?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question have you ever been camping?

if so tell about your camping experience and how did it go? also do you like the outdoors?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    it's hot and I had to shower 3 times a day to avoid getting heat rash on my crotch. Other than that the hiking trails and rock formations and such were nice. The last time I went it poured the last night and I mean like so badly that during the night the tent rolled like on it's side and I never woke up during it lol. Camping has it's ups and down depending on time of year I prefer to go in the fall cause it's cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    it's hot and I had to shower 3 times a day to avoid getting heat rash on my crotch. Other than that the hiking trails and rock formations and such were nice. The last time I went it poured the last night and I mean like so badly that during the night the tent rolled like on it's side and I never woke up during it lol. Camping has it's ups and down depending on time of year I prefer to go in the fall cause it's cooler.
    if you're able to shower 3 times a day, it isn't really camping.

Are we talking real camping? Or setting up a tent in a grass parking lot with a bunch of campers and a fire ring, and electricity
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Are we talking real camping? Or setting up a tent in a grass parking lot with a bunch of campers and a fire ring, and electricity
    talking real camping.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    if you're able to shower 3 times a day, it isn't really camping.
    Every major park I have ever camped in has had on grounds showering facilities and there is no way on earth I could go for 3 days without a shower.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I had the full plate. I visit big (music)festivals and LARP-conventions several times a year. No electricity but the "comfort" of moveable latrines and sometimes even showers.
    Then again, I try to go camping for at least once a year in the woods. I try to keep it as basic as possible. It somehow recharges my batteries, being away from everything.

So I like both: The camping with many others, the smell of diffrent fires popping up at nightfall, the laughter and the pleothora of woolen blankets, that cover you in the night. And the experience of being alone without immediate connection to the hectic world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Spent a few days out in the woods with some friends. Saw a few lakes, lots of deer, elk, etc. Was rather fun. I want to go on the Pacific crest trail at some point and traverse it, but that'll take months of hiking and a good year at least of prep. Mind you, I hike twice a week usually. Go camping 5-6 times in the summer minimum.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every major park I have ever camped in has had on grounds showering facilities and there is no way on earth I could go for 3 days without a shower.
    There is bio soap, that doesn´ contminate the water. Stream + soap = shower. the other option are special, inflateable bag, with sunlight collectors on the outside. they are filled with water, attached to a branch and you can shower comfortably with warm water after a few hours of sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    There is bio soap, that doesn´ contminate the water. Stream + soap = shower. the other option are special, inflateable bag, with sunlight collectors on the outside. they are filled with water, attached to a branch and you can shower comfortably with warm water after a few hours of sunlight.
    Yeah, you don't get into streams in Indiana if you want to get clean. If you want to go hunting and disguise your scent then sure but if you are trying to clean yourself no you don't do this. That and it's been like 15+ years since I went camping so not too worried about it.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2016-04-30 at 04:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you don't get into streams in Indiana if you want to get clean. If you want to go hunting and disguise your scent then sure but if you are trying to clean yourself no you don't do this. That and it's been like 15+ years since I went camping so not too worried about it.
    same for the area where i live. you don't take baths in the wolf/fox river. both of them are pretty contaminated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love going out in the deep woods for about a week, preferably in an area with no other humans within 10 miles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I love going out in the deep woods for about a week, preferably in an area with no other humans within 10 miles.
    what if a bear attacks you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Why would I leave the comfort of my climate-controlled home, inviting bed, running water, and electricity to pretend to be homeless for X amount of days? Why would anyone for that matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    was so disapointed the poll or thread wasn't about waking up with vaseline in your butt

10+ Year Old Account
    Does hunting count as camping? It's a lot of fun getting away from it all, going out in the woods for a few days and just taking in nature, eating fresh food and staring at the stars with no light pollution

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Why would I leave the comfort of my climate-controlled home, inviting bed, running water, and electricity to pretend to be homeless for X amount of days? Why would anyone for that matter?
    i feel sorry for those who have not experienced the beauty of nature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Does hunting count as camping? It's a lot of fun getting away from it all, going out in the woods for a few days and just taking in nature, eating fresh food and staring at the stars with no light pollution
    yes sure why not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what if a bear attacks you?
    That is what my .44 Mag is for, plus the fact there are no grizzly bears in the areas I camp, and havent been for decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    That is what my .44 Mag is for, plus the fact there are no grizzly bears in the areas I camp, and havent been for decades.
    you never know when one could sneak up on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i feel sorry for those who have not experienced the beauty of nature.
    I know all about it. I was forced into it for several months. I fucking hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff