Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    It's undesirable in the sense of being in the world and hitting it, then realizing you're about to go off a cliff so you fel rush forward to not die. Not because I "want to exploit".
    Uh-huh. Considering how much you've complained about having to move out of range to get the Momentum buff, I don't buy it. And it's not like Hunters haven't been dealing with that since... whenever Disengage was first introduced.

Having said that, I actually don't mind the idea of using another ability like Fel Rush to get out of it, but just animation canceling it with a jump/glide? That's garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Uh-huh. Considering how much you've complained about having to move out of range to get the Momentum buff, I don't buy it. And it's not like Hunters haven't been dealing with that since... whenever Disengage was first introduced.

Having said that, I actually don't mind the idea of using another ability like Fel Rush to get out of it, but just animation canceling it with a jump/glide? That's garbage.
    Uh, I actually *haven't* been complaining about having to move out of range for momentum, and stated I liked the "ranged" build more. You smokin' some funky weed? I use the VR canceling because it's most efficient, not because I love animation cancelling.

Animation cancelling is garbage to me simply for the fact that it highly ties performance to latency.

I left Elder Scrolls Online because their combat was all about animation cancelling. What's the point of character artists making neat animations if they're going to be gutted all over just to eek out more DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    So now we're saying jumping is a bug?

Some, myself included, would argue "creative use of mechanics".
    Jumping isn't the attack resetting clearly is.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoda View Post
    This might be a controversial opinion but this sounds amazing. First time that controlling your movement abillitys actually have an impact on your DPS then. Also makes it easy to see the difference between a more experienced DH and someone that is new/bad. If its clunky now I'd rather have it that they polish that style of play.
    Instead of removing it and replace it with something every other class has.
    Sounds fun in poor JMMOs like Blade & Soul maybe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Sounds fun in poor JMMOs like Blade & Soul maybe.
    Naw bro gotta give credit to the right country for those games its South Korea the master of F2P mmo where a difference of latency of even 25 fucks you over in pvp but thats kind OT(they never really care since you know South Korea is small and shit). I agree though Fel Rush animation cancel needs to go VR is meh but doubt they'll do anything with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say being able to cancel vr is a big part of our mobility wich is supposed to be _great_, not being able to cancel it would make everything clunky, and honestly ruin a lot of fun with the spec. It is clearly intended, the questionable part is having a talent that forces u into this odd gameplay of canceling it to gain a fury benefit.. I'm not a big fan of that I must say.. Its prepared and momentum that creates the problem, not really the ability to cancel vr.

Fel rush cancel on the other hand.. doesnt seem as intended

Quote Originally Posted by Haaz View Post
    I would say being able to cancel vr is a big part of our mobility wich is supposed to be _great_, not being able to cancel it would make everything clunky, and honestly ruin a lot of fun with the spec. It is clearly intended, the questionable part is having a talent that forces u into this odd gameplay of canceling it to gain a fury benefit.. I'm not a big fan of that I must say.. Its prepared and momentum that creates the problem, not really the ability to cancel vr.

Fel rush cancel on the other hand.. doesnt seem as intended
    Why should VR be able to get canceled? You can't cancel Disengage either as far as I know. The idea of the spell is to jump backwards, so what's the point if you make it so the spell does nothing? I mean, now you have people abusing that on purpose to make Prepared and Momentum work, but what about players who cancel it by accident and have no idea why their VR didn't jump them back?

Deleted
    It clearly is not working in the intended fashion, and an ability used for retreating should do what it says on the can. You can't cancel disengage, you shouldn't be able to cancel vengeful retreat.

I agree that there should be some sort of using movement abilities as a direct increase to damage (Not like it wasn't already, get there faster -> can attack sooner), but this is taking all the benefit of a talent that was clearly built to have a negative aspect to it whilst having none of that negative side at all.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    VR is able to be cancelled because it puts us in the air where Glide is usable. Not really animation cancelling or breaking the game per se, you're literally using a different abilityout of your spellbook to negate the vault back. Also a rather nifty way to get some more use out of them wings outside of knock up mechanics and such.

If people really, really, really don't like it, and you have a way to provide feedback on the alpha, maybe suggest that VR only vault you backwards, but NOT lift you off the ground to accomplish it (think Vault from DH's in D3, where it's essentially a colorful somersault). Can't use Glide to cancel in that scenario.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

ESO have animation canceling to aad some challenge to the game since its too easy to be played otherwise it seems. IMO its the most clunky way to balance a game and make your character looking retard. (how the fuck am I dealing damage if I stop my swinging movement?)

Ive quited ESO because I find animation canceling boring and its not really upping the player skill involved. Any medium skilled player should be able to do this assuming the latency don't screw you up.
    Last edited by Varlak; 2016-04-30 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    ESO have animation canceling to aad some challenge to the game since its too easy to be played otherwise it seems. IMO its the most clunky way to balance a game and make your character looking retard. (how the fuck am I dealing damage if I stop my swinging movement?)

Ive quited ESO because I find animation canceling boring and its not really upping the player skill involved. Any medium skilled player should be able to do this assuming the latency don't screw you up.
    Oh yeah I HATED that ESO basically required animation cancelling. It is just not good gameplay at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    So if they changed VR from being a backflip into the air to a backflip on the ground it would fix the animation cancelling?
    Like, just kind of vaulting back?
    It wouldn't, no. b ecause you could still jump and glide forward, because glide applies it's own momentum

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't, no. b ecause you could still jump and glide forward, because glide applies it's own momentum
    Huh? Maybe you're not being clear, are you talking about jumping just before you VR? Because that's about the only scenario where i think that would work. And that would be the worst, and would rather they just keep it as is o_O

Of course, I'm also not too bothered by VR cancelling as i am the Fel Rush shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    Huh? Maybe you're not being clear, are you talking about jumping just before you VR? Because that's about the only scenario where i think that would work. And that would be the worst, and would rather they just keep it as is o_O

Of course, I'm also not too bothered by VR cancelling as i am the Fel Rush shenanigans.
    no, during. the fact that you're in the air is irrelevant to canceling it since the last "fix" to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, during. the fact that you're in the air is irrelevant to canceling it since the last "fix" to it.
    Huh, alright, I'll take your word for it. You of all people know that I'm okay with VR cancelling, so this is an insurance where I'm okay with being wrong

To hell with Fel Rush cancelling though. That shit gots to GTFO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Why should VR be able to get canceled? You can't cancel Disengage either as far as I know.
    Because hunters dont have any tools to be able to do so, Vr/disengage is a jump, we can double jump.. wich logically will cancel it, we can allso charge in a direction, wich would allso would naturally cancel it.. It makes no sense not to be able to.. the only thing that makes no sense is the fel rush cancel.. That said.. monks can cancel chi torpedo. Ur all making a whole lot of noise out of nothing now..

Quote Originally Posted by Haaz View Post
    Because hunters dont have any tools to be able to do so, Vr/disengage is a jump, we can double jump.. wich logically will cancel it, we can allso charge in a direction, wich would allso would naturally cancel it.. It makes no sense not to be able to.. the only thing that makes no sense is the fel rush cancel.. That said.. monks can cancel chi torpedo. Ur all making a whole lot of noise out of nothing now..
    Can Goblins cancel Disengage mid-flight with Rocket Boots then?

There's literally no reason why you would want to cancel VR, you wouldn't want to cancel Disengage either. If you don't want to jump backwards you wouldn't use the spell to begin with, not use it and then cancel it. The problem is that it's tied to a DPS gain talent which means people want to use it on CD and cancel the animation every time, which sort of ruins the whole point of the talent (when you move around more you gain extra DPS benefits). I mean right now they might as well just make Prepared an active talent with the same cooldown as VR that just gives you the Fury over time. That would be better than animation canceling. Also, I'd think if it was intended by Blizzard that VR and Prepared should be used like this, I'd imagine they at least would have made the VR tooltip say that it can be canceled by double jumping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Wait, you mean... like the same thing that we have with Roll (the monk ability) where we can cancel it part-way to control how far we roll (or even "roll" without moving, if you want to proc a haste buff for example)? Why would anyone want that gone? Why would you like to have less control over your character?
    Because it's a significant dps increase, bu if your latency is too high it wont work, also its a pain.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Why should VR be able to get canceled? You can't cancel Disengage either as far as I know.
    Because god forbid there is any kind of varience between different classes right ?