Page 25 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Man, people get angry about the dumbest shit sometimes. I've seen women use the mens restrooms before and I never really gave two shits about it. :/
    A lesbian friend of mine does that a lot. I always make fun of her for it, but hey, it beats the line in the women's restroom most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I'm confused why anyone holds views they refuse to change? Instead of looking at things rationally you just dig in deeper?
    because i'm not going to change them. i'm not really going to debate anyone about it. i do think this boycott is stupid and silly though.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    because i'm not going to change them. i'm not really going to debate anyone about it. i do think this boycott is stupid and silly though.

I think its silly also, but if I catch a dude in the bathroom with me, dress or not im kicking him in the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    I think its silly also, but if I catch a dude in the bathroom with me, dress or not im kicking him in the nuts.
    It's why the progress of humanity is so slow. Some act like savages given the chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    One million idiots threaten to not support a company that doesn't need the support of bigots? We already have a store for people like them, it's called Walmart.
    Out of curiosity does Target operate outside of America, specifically in countries such as Saudi Arabia? I know Starbucks does - which makes it laughable when Starbucks rails against 'bigotry' in America but then chooses to operate in a country with archaic laws and people being executed and stoned to death on a weekly basis...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    those are crossdressers....don't really care about them...
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

I'm actually curious how this became an issue as well.

If you're a male or female, use the corresponding bathroom. If you've worked on yourself to look like the opposite sex and feel it'd just be easier to use said bathroom due to how you appear, then do so - chances are, unless you're flashing your junk, no-one will be the wiser at the end of the day. For me it's less about what may or may not happen and more of an issue of, "Are you fucking serious?" -- because really, how the hell have transgenders been doing it up until now?

Going out back and pissing in the alley...?

I mean, I've actually been there. I once upon a time, as a teenager, made myself look like a girl. To the point that a female classmate didn't realize I was a guy until the very end of the school year... and she sat right next to me. No wonder why she seemed so comfortable with me! You know what I did when I went to the restroom? Used the men's believe it or not. People weren't going to question my gender when I whipped my dick out and pissed into a urinal without having to hike myself up and over it somehow.

That said, if I had kept pushing it. Kept altering myself. At some point I probably would've used the women's restroom without anyone being the wiser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Out of curiosity does Target operate outside of America, specifically in countries such as Saudi Arabia? I know Starbucks does - which makes it laughable when Starbucks rails against 'bigotry' in America but then chooses to operate in a country with archaic laws and people being executed and stoned to death on a weekly basis...
    you do realize they do it for business reasons...money outweighs convictions in some cases.

you do realize they do it for business reasons...money outweighs convictions in some cases.
    Not much money to be made off of a near non-existent minority, to be honest. I actually don't really get their logic here from a business viewpoint and this makes me think then, it has to be politically motivated. Most it could've done is proved how 'progressive' they are and maybe more people IN GENERAL(not really so much transexuals) would shop there out of support. Seems to have backfired if that's the case.

Yes, I'm aware. I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy that exists when businesses lecture/guilt trip customers on political issues.

I think this whole Target bathroom thing is a waste of time. If anything, everyone suppose to go the bathroom they were biologically born and problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    What if the baker believes fully that homosexuality is a lifestyle and worldview and not a state of being?
    Just so we're clear, this is a de facto statement of homophobia. It's not an opinion, it's an error on fact. You may as well say that you "believe that 2+2=5". That just means you're wrong, not that your beliefs have any merit.

okay that's your view then. i am NOT changing my mind on this matter. period. i don't hate them. i just don't accept their claims of being a different gender.
    Again, this is hateful.

It's not really functionally different from saying "I don't hate negroes, I just don't accept their claims that they're people like us white folk". Saying "I don't hate X" and then following that up with a statement rooted in hate is not a valid stance to take.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Not much money to be made off of a near non-existent minority, to be honest. I actually don't really get their logic here from a business viewpoint and this makes me think then, it has to be politically motivated. Most it could've done is proved how 'progressive' they are and maybe more people IN GENERAL(not really so much transexuals) would shop there out of support. Seems to have backfired if that's the case.
    i think it's to try and get free publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Yes, I'm aware. I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy that exists when businesses lecture/guilt trip customers on political issues.
    This too. Businesses really need to fuck off out of politics. I find it ironic we don't want money flooding into our politician's pockets but we're more than happy for them to literally force a state into submission when it fits one's mantra. At the end of the day, both are exercises of power over the political establishment and shouldn't be really applauded. The people should vote on this matter ultimately. Not have Disney tell them how they should think or pay dearly.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-04-30 at 05:37 AM.

I'm actually curious how this became an issue as well.
    It's actually very simple. Some regressives always need a group to discriminate against, and treat as subhumans. Women, blacks, gays, trans, it doesn't matter aslong as they have their group to discriminate against. Now it's simply the turn of trans, when they've lost their battle to everything else so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't see how rejecting their invalid claims is hate. now i'm going to bed night.

i think it's to try and get free publicity.
    That too, in which case, I like a good fire. I have an inherent distaste for big business that tries to play these games.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-04-30 at 05:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't see how rejecting their invalid claims is hate. now i'm going to bed night.
    Because A> they aren't invalid; they're facts you don't want to acknowledge, and B> you're trying to redefine their self in a way that is harmful to them. Like I said; no different from saying that blacks aren't people, but a form of monkey, or saying that women don't have the brains to be professionals and should stick to having babies and housekeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    It's actually very simple. Some regressives always need a group to discriminate against, and treat as subhumans. Women, blacks, gays, trans, it doesn't matter aslong as they have their group to discriminate against. Now it's simply the turn of trans, when they've lost their battle to everything else so far.
    I am pretty sure this didn't start with any "regressives". I have a feeling this started with someone who wanted to stir the pot and rile up the population on an issue that didn't need to be an issue to begin with. Seems to be a going thing these days. Keep the shit-storm going round and round.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure this didn't start with any "regressives". I have a feeling this started with someone who wanted to stir the pot and rile up the population on an issue that didn't need to be an issue to begin with. Seems to be a going thing these days. Keep the shit-storm going round and round.
    If you're getting "riled up" because members of a minority are getting fair treatment by a company, well . . .

If you're not transgendered, Target's policy on this doesn't affect you. So why are you getting "riled up"?