Page 26 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    I am pretty sure this didn't start with any "regressives". I have a feeling this started with someone who wanted to stir the pot and rile up the population on an issue that didn't need to be an issue to begin with. Seems to be a going thing these days. Keep the shit-storm going round and round.
    The whole thing kicked off because of regressives in North Carolina passing a law. It was not an issue until regressives made it one.

Nashville DA basically says that those 1,000,000 are stupid and deluded:

“As long as I’ve been doing this job and the hundreds of cases I’ve reviewed, I’ve never once had a transgender person come across my desk as an offender,” he said.

“A majority of my cases are fathers, stepfathers, uncles, Boy Scout leaders, coaches, youth ministers, preachers,” Butler said. “People that are already close to the family that the family trusts.”
    https://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/nas...-straight-men/

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you're getting "riled up" because members of a minority are getting fair treatment by a company, well . . .
    They were probably getting fair treatment in the first place. Again. Tell me where the fuck this even began because I sure as hell don't see people standing outside of restrooms to check peoples' genitals out. I don't see this. I've never seen this. Out of nowhere all the sudden we have a big debate on making actual legislation(not just corporate policy) on how we utilize the restrooms.

Why cant people just use the toilet and shut up about all this? It just feels so stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

They were probably getting fair treatment in the first place. Again. Tell me where the fuck this even began because I sure as hell don't see people standing outside of restrooms to check peoples' genitals out. I don't see this. I've never seen this. Out of nowhere all the sudden we have a big debate on making actual legislation(not just corporate policy) on how we utilize the restrooms.
    It began in North Carolina when they passed a law to police people's genitals.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It began in North Carolina when they passed a law to police people's genitals.
    Did it pass because of this bullshit Target's been playing at? Because then arguably Target started it and this is the backlash. They effectively turned a non-issue into an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    This all sparked off because North Carolina passed a law preventing exactly this. Target's policy is essentially a statement of support in response to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    It's just another example of society being defined and directed by a tiny minority, in this case the mentally ill. A guy in a dress is still a guy. Unsure of your gender? Look in your pants, problem solved.

It started with culture warriors looking for an issue to whine about.

Transgender people have been using the bathroom of their choice for decades with no issues until the culture warriors decided they needed some meat to throw to their uneducated base.

I just told you. It is because some people always feel the need to have some group to discriminate against. They just lost it big against gays, what happened next? They target new group right away (trans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    It's just another example of society being defined and directed by a tiny minority, in this case the mentally ill. A guy in a dress is still a guy. Unsure of your gender? Look in your pants, problem solved.
    Things are not that simple and this issue did not come about as you describe. It was not an issue until the moron culture warriors decided to make it one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it pass because of this bullshit Target's been playing at? Because then arguably Target started it and this is the backlash. They effectively turned a non-issue into an issue.
    That's completely backwards. HB2 was passed in February. Target announced this policy almost two months later, in April.

If men who think they are women can you use women's bathrooms then why can't men who think they are men? Why does having a mental illness give you a special right and somehow make you safer towards women?

No, Target announced this in response to that law. The regressives in NC are the ones that started this.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's completely backwards. HB2 was passed in February. Target announced this policy almost two months later, in April.
    Okay, glad we cleared that up. I'm pleased that this is no longer at all an idiotic debate we're going on about here.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    When did womens rights get so low anyway? Guys toilets can be pretty horrendous. Why should women have to deal with and accommodate guys in their bathroom. No one even asked them. Women of the year? Chris jenner, a guy in a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    No, Target announced this in response to that law. The regressives in NC are the ones that started this.
    To be fair though, Target needs to respect NC's laws. The only body that has a right to strike down any law within a state is the Supreme Court. It doesn't matter how wrong you think NC is or Target for that matter. States can make laws. States can also get bitch slapped when a law is too stupid to be ignored by the highest court within the nation. Let's leave it to the legal system to determine constitutionality of such things and not allow businesses to undermine and even at times extort states for political influence.

10+ Year Old Account
    i will say one last thing. i hope they have their bathrooms. i still don't agree with their claims of being another gender. now i really have to go to sleep i have to get up early. good night all.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

To be fair though, Target needs to respect NC's laws. The only body that has a right to strike down any law within a state is the Supreme Court. It doesn't matter how wrong you think NC is or Target for that matter. States can make laws. States can also get bitch slapped when a law is too stupid to be ignored by the highest court within the nation. Let's leave it to the legal system to determine constitutionality of such things and not allow businesses to undermine and even at times extort states for political influence.
    Just because lawmakers decide to pass stupid laws behind everyone, doesn't mean it is right. Striking it down takes time, but it will happen. Would you feel it's your duty to start treating blacks as subhumans again, if some state managed to pass a law that says they are 3/5 of a man again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Just because lawmakers decide to pass stupid laws behind everyone, doesn't mean it is right. Striking it down takes time, but it will happen. Would you feel it's your duty to start treating blacks as subhumans again, if some state managed to pass a law that says they are 3/5 of a man again?
    Just because a business's stance on something might be right, doesn't also make it okay for them to extort nor undermine that state's laws. We already have to contend with unchecked corruption and power trading within Washington DC through big business. Them using their muscle to force states into adhering to their own political ideology or wishes is ultimately no better. In fact, it is arguably worse. I really wish people would stand more on principle and stop giving way to bad practices simply because it aids in their own agenda at the time of. This isn't healthy.

That's my biggest issue in all of this, all of what's going on. When you get down to it, it's A REAL FUCKING PROBLEM; yet, ignored oddly by both sides in favor of the lesser, more ridiculous conflict. If a company was extorting a state or undermining them to force legislation that is questionably discriminatory you'd bet your ass you'd be crying out for blood right now. So why does it make it okay when they do it in favor of your own ideology? Answer; it simply doesn't.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-04-30 at 06:08 AM.