Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The question is why don't you do it OP?

Because did it ever cross your mind that maybe they have a better society and way of life than we do? Just because they dont live in the modern world dont mean they are in bad shape ya know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    Because did it ever cross your mind that maybe they have a better society and way of life than we do? Just because they dont live in the modern world dont mean they are in bad shape ya know.
    Better was of life? Like in what way?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Better was of life? Like in what way?
    Seriously, dont think we are superior because we have iPhones and cars. Those people live life unburdened with all the crap our society is bombarded with daily. They have more peace less crime life is simple and clear for them. Lets not taint them and make them like us.

Seriously, dont think we are superior because we have iPhones and cars. Those people live life unburdened with all the crap our society is bombarded with daily. They have more peace less crime life is simple and clear for them. Lets not taint them and make them like us.
    Hahaha. More peace? When they kill eachother for a piece of the throne, and when they die at 40?

You've listened too much to greenpeace if you think they have peaceful lives.

Sure, you can argue that their way of life is subjectively better, but don't do it in a pretentious way.

well if we contacted them they wouldn't be uncontacted tribes then would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Hahaha. More peace? When they kill eachother for a piece of the throne, and when they die at 40?

Sure, you can argue that their way of life is subjectively better, but don't do it in a pretentious way.
    How do you know what their lives are like, you been camping with them? How many of our tribe kills each other on a daily basis, yes so civilized.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

It is unlikely they have thrones, as thrones and really that sort of advanced political structure requires agriculture and a degree of population these people(s) almost never have. All of them appear to be hunter gatherers, living in bands of often less than 100 people.

Their societies at least economically are going to be more egalitarian for lack of stuff and sedentary property to own. Slavery highly unlikely as is necessarily the lives we live and they likely have more free time over all than we do to today, or the average isolated tribesmen has more free time than the average say American.

Also they likely don't "die at 40," but they probably do have a higher infant mortality rate. As Hunter Gatherers they are likely healthier generally but that is because without livestock they don't catch as many diseases and their diets are fairly good as long as they stay in their range.

I just don't see a point in contact with them, we gain nothing from them and they loose everything and just because impoverished people with no place in the world. We can't even provide jobs for the people we have. If we make contact their language will likely die, their culture (whatever it might be), their families, and physically many of them will get sick and die. Also, what of them survives will just become dirt poor people in some ghetto. I mean what jobs are there now? What jobs are there for people whom have never even heard of the country they live in let alone Capitalism? These are people with zero knowledge we have, not even agriculture. There is no work for people like that in our world, we can't even employ all of us now, let alone illiterate tribesmen from the most remote places ever whose aggression towards the outside world implies they aren't interested in trade or contact.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2016-04-30 at 07:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    It is unlikely they have thrones, as thrones and really that sort of advanced political structure requires agriculture and a degree of population these people(s) almost never have. All of them appear to be hunter gatherers, living in bands of often less than 100 people.

Their societies at least economically are going to be more egalitarian for lack of stuff and sedentary property to own. Slavery highly unlikely as is necessarily the lives we live and they likely have more free time over all than we do to today, or the average isolated tribesmen has more free time than the average say American.

Also they likely don't "die at 40," but they probably do have a higher infant mortality rate. As Hunter Gatherers they are likely healthier generally but that is because without livestock they don't catch as many diseases and their diets are fairly good as long as they stay in their range.

I just don't see a point in contact with them, we gain nothing from them and they loose everything and just because impoverished people with no place in the world. We can't even provide jobs for the people we have.

Thank you, all contact will do is make them into us. And thats not really a good thing, let the wild people be I envy them their innocence of the world at large.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thank you, all contact will do is make them into us. And thats not really a good thing, let the wild people be I envy them their innocence of the world at large.
    I have to agree, I mean Idk if their lives are better but I know their lives will be worse after contact. They will mostly die out, and what few remain will be miserably, grindingly poor and likely starve and die out.

Its better they stay as they are.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I have to agree, I mean Idk if their lives are better but I know their lives will be worse after contact. They will mostly die out, and what few remain will be miserably, grindingly poor and likely starve and die out.

Its better they stay as they are.
    Yeah, my dad always raised me to believe life in nature needs to be left alone. Thats includes tribes of people living outside of civilization, they have their own society. And opening them up to ours would be disastrous in the long run. For one thing they probably have zero immunity to many of the diseases, germs and viruses we would expose them to. We could potentially kill them all off without meaning to from exposure. And gone would be their way of life, what happens to them? The governments come in and take over? they are forced to go to schools get vaccinated, wear clothes, subject to our rules and regulations? Wth kind of life would that be for them after living free.

7+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, they're living a better life than most contacted tribes. At least here in Brazil.

Most tribes here end up dying out from diseases after they're contacted. Surviving the interaction also means having to fight against alcohol problems that will have 99,9% chance of arising.

But leaving them alone also has it price when they're not monitored since illegal deforestation/farming/lumber industries end up invading their lands and screwing everybody up. Some "semi-uncontacted" tribes (the ones uncontacted by civilization that have contact with tribes that know about us) actually sought contact after fighting against armed illegal lumberers.

I just don't see a point in contact with them, we gain nothing from them and they loose everything and just because impoverished people with no place in the world. We can't even provide jobs for the people we have. If we make contact their language will likely die, their culture (whatever it might be), their families, and physically many of them will get sick and die. Also, what of them survives will just become dirt poor people in some ghetto. I mean what jobs are there now? What jobs are there for people whom have never even heard of the country they live in let alone Capitalism? These are people with zero knowledge we have, not even agriculture. There is no work for people like that in our world, we can't even employ all of us now, let alone illiterate tribesmen from the most remote places ever whose aggression towards the outside world implies they aren't interested in trade or contact.
    Hunter/gatherers always had leaders. We've never had social groups without any kind of leaders.

Because history has shown that its a bad thing.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

7+ Year Old Account
    Hunter/gatherers always had leaders. We've never had social groups without any kind of leaders.
    Leader isn't necessarily a King. Succession disputes of the Middle Ages had much more to do with property and Demesne then it did anything else. These chiefs have no property to inherit, or lands.

In the case of the North Sentinalese, these people may have no more technological things then hunting tools, spears and fire. Speaking a language incomprehensible to anyone else.

More over a leader has less power when your leading about 20 people who can leave for another band.

There is another reason they are healthier: if they get diseases they are more likely to die quickly. Medicine allows us to survive for longer with diseases.

And the average death-rate to violence between humans in primitive tribes is/was above 10%; that rate has gone downhill as we progress. But I agree that contacting them without a proper plan for what to do will leave them even worse off; and no-one seems to have interest in making such a plan.

Leader isn't necessarily a King. Succession disputes of the Middle Ages had much more to do with property and Demesne then it did anything else. These chiefs have no property to inherit, or lands.

In the case of the North Sentinalese, these people may have no more technological things then hunting tools, spears and fire. Speaking a language incomprehensible to anyone else.

More over a leader has less power when your leading about 20 people who can leave for another band.
    The throne part was just a saying. Not literally about thrones. :P
    Last edited by Fojos; 2016-04-30 at 11:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Because they're more useful as lab rats than actual members of society.

We can learn a lot about our race just from watching these tribes, no need to disturb them with our technology.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is full of idiocy to the fullest extent. Do you people hear yourselves?

Do you honestly...HONESTLY think these people don't live meaningful lives? Are you kidding me? I feel like i'm having a conversation with some inbred from the hills of west bumfuck. "I CULD SHEW DEM DIS HUR IPHOWN AND GEET DEM TO FOLLER MA TWEETER"!

Really, who gives a rats ass what these people do? Are you losing sleep over this topic, OP? Are you tossing and turning all night, waking up in cold-sweats and having panic attacks from this topic OP? No? Then let them live their lives. If they kill each other then they kill each other, shit look at the middle east. That happens all the time. Look at any country for that matter. Diseases killing people? no...it....it can't be....(it's like our society!). Leave it be. They don't pose any threat to us and they just want to be left alone. Stop trying to police every aspect of this world.
    Last edited by Sunnydruid; 2016-04-30 at 11:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

not every tribe needs modern medicine.

as horrible as it sounds, reproduction rates match mortality rates, when you fix mortality then reproduction runs rampant and resources diminish.

Kind of like what happens in africa, along with just thousands of other issues...

But if these people are living happily on their own, then they dont need introduction to the outside world that would be hostile to their way of life, it would be better to leave them be, if they want to trade and learn from us, they can come to us.