Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Why would I care what some asshat has to say? Hes just a person.
    The funny thing is Preach normally doesn't care for Lore stuff.. but he was really positive about this! I'm giving it a go!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    You sure are buddy.
    I wish MMO-C had a like system. Nearly choked on my tea reading this.

Well, I don't know about most people, but I at the very least will be doing this zone and reading all of the quests. While I do enjoy raiding and whatnot, I've never seen the purpose of blowing through the content. That's just a faster way of getting to complain that there isn't enough to do. So I have loremaster for all zones and have read all of the quests. There are some pretty interesting stories there and it's a wonderful and entertaining way to extend the content so you don't end up bored in a week. The raids aren't going anywhere and the dungeon queue times are long for a dps, so why not read some stories while you wait?

What interests me about Suramar is how many quests are there exactly? I heard "lots", but how big that number is. Because if it's, say, 150, it's nothing, it's just the standard number of quests for a non-Legion zone (Legion zones have way less quests than other zones).

Personally, I haven't cared much for Nightborne and the arcane addiction thing etc, but watching Preach play through made me want to play it.

I'm big on lore, so this zone seems like a great idea for me. Not everything has to reward you with blues or epics, you get enough of those anyway nowadays. There's a choice for you - do this for that, and do Suramar for the best reward - fun and engaging lore. But if you're a generic player who cares little for lore, I can understand why this zone doesn't appeal to you, so just don't do it then. That doesn't mean it's zero content, as it very much remains good content for me, something I'd value more than just PvE or PvP.

But as a roleplayer, I'm not going to tell Blizzard to stop making raids and battlegrounds and instead cater to us because I want my wishes to be fulfilled. That's illogical. At least Blizzard is catering to all grounds, not just PvE-ers (and I'm not sure about the PvP state in Legion so not commenting on that). I'm happy with that.

Not everyone needs a reward from story telling or lore related adventures. For some that is a reward in itself. It's completely subjective. You're of course entitled to your opinion, and I fully respect it. However, not everyone is going to feel the same way. I can go to any other part of the Broken Isles and get rewarded for doing something trivial and gloss over the reasons as to why I'm doing it but I also really like the idea of also being able to dive into a zone rich in story telling and feel/see it progress around me. Lore and story are the most important things to some people where as gear and mechanics are the most important to others. With the current form there is a good balance of both across Legion. All of this could change anyway, we don't even know how the zone ends or what we'll unlock further down the line
    I remember you... In the mountains

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 'reward' from this zone is the questing achievement, which in turn is part of Loremaster, and that's part of
    Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One.

As for the zone only being there for lore, what's the big deal? Levelling zones have lore and they offer little rewards. Who the hell cares if there are few rewards there? Run around and explore, absorb the culture and stories, listen to the music, etc.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

You're calling me a troll because you don't agree with my point of view, you're contributing nothing to this thread. Please don't flame.
    You are a worthless troll because of all your posts in this thread. And you're not a mod so you don't get to have any say whatsoever in what I can post or not.

Heh, blizz simply can't win against community. Part of community says that WoW should be more RPG-ish and have better storytelling, blizz add Suramar, a lore- and RPG-heavy zone. K, now another part of community starts bitching, that zone gives no rewards, lore is crap and no one will care about this RPG shit
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-04-30 at 01:03 PM.

If the story will be worth it, I wouldn't mind questing through it - would be something new.
    I remember Blizzard even stated at Blizzcon that Suramar would be different from the rest of the zones or something.

They've stated it in the past.
    And that could very well have changed over time. Also did you just ignore that 1) Rewards aren't just quest items, artifact power is a big deal in Legion as well. 2) Either way the money for both comes from the same pool.

- - - Updated - - -

That and I absolutely hate night elves. These night born are no different.
    So you hate Night Elves and the Nightborn and prefer rewards over solitary lore? Then I think Legion isn't the expansion for you. Case closed.

FMD.

People complain when there is no story as in Wod and now probably the same idiots cry when there is story.

Grow up. If you dont like it dont do it

Im so HAPPY That Suramar is a story-filled zone! When has there been other zones like this? Never really... It has a BC Isle oF Quel whateever feeling, and it looks super cool. I hope Blizz changes Suramar over the expac, with patches, and of course an island or two popping up

The OP is just a hater who's mad, but I think most of us think its super cool and want to play it!
    THANK YOU Blizz for a cool Suramar that is just the beginning <3

Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    And that could very well have changed over time. Also did you just ignore that 1) Rewards aren't just quest items, artifact power is a big deal in Legion as well. 2) Either way the money for both comes from the same pool.

- - - Updated - - -

So you hate Night Elves and the Nightborn and prefer rewards over solitary lore? Then I think Legion isn't the expansion for you. Case closed.
    Explain. Your gay elfs only make up 10% of it. If that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    The 'reward' from this zone is the questing achievement, which in turn is part of Loremaster, and that's part of
    Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One.

As for the zone only being there for lore, what's the big deal? Levelling zones have lore and they offer little rewards. Who the hell cares if there are few rewards there? Run around and explore, absorb the culture and stories, listen to the music, etc.
    Ok, keep it to leveling zones. This is a max level zone. If I wanted to read, I'd get a book.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Maybe because not all people act like mules that needs a fucking carrot dangling infront of their face all the time in order to do anything?

Explain. Your gay elfs only make up 10% of it. If that.
    They make up Suramar and to a great extent Azsuna, making it more like 40%. Also one of the raids is gonna be solely night-elf based.

Why is this important? I enjoy the lore in WoW but to section an entire zone with minimal to no reward and to expect people to complete it for the purpose of lore is disgusting. I'm playing world of warcraft, not world of lorecraft.
    Don't you have it the other way around though? The fact that there are no rewards other than the story itself means you can fully concentrate on content that offers them instead. You are gonna be always able to return and do bits and pieces of it if you want eventually (since you say you enjoy lore too) without any pressure that you need to rush through the zone, *because there is no gear to collect at the end.

*subject to change

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Maybe because not all people act like mules that needs a fucking carrot dangling infront of their face all the time in order to do anything?
    Don't waste your breath. Rollplayers will never understand the roleplaying aspect of a roleplaying game and why it's important. To them, the story is just the thing you click through and completely ignore on your way to kill stuff for loot. I've been in enough D&D campaigns, saddled with this type of player, to know you can't explain to them why full sessions of world-building and story are integral to a well-run campaign; they just want every session to end with the party rolling for another +2 axiomatic longsword.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why? He's just a person. He doesn't work for blizzard. His opinion to me is as valid as the voices in my head.
    Preach has been a valuable part of the WoW community for years. Watch some of his "Legacy Of..." videos and guides.

I like having a balance of important story and rewards. It feels like so often we end up sidetracked on a lot of smaller stories or one-off races that will never actually play into the larger story. I might feel better about helping that little band of wonky silly murlocs if they try their darndest to take on a few demons, even if it doesn't really work out (that, and the idea of murlocs versus imps is rather fun).