What happened to the timewalkers?

If you remember, on the timeless isle, what some considered to be a hint at a new class appeared. Three Mobs who were timewalkers, each having a title that would indicate a role. They had a Warden (tank), a Watcher (dps) and a Weaver (healer). Many thought that this was a hint of a class for WoD since it was a time travel themed expansion, and certainly it would have fit.

So, thanks to this theory, I have come to ask a simple question. Do you think they intended to make a timewalker class and gave up? If so, why do you think they would abandon it after what could have been seen as a hint towards it on the timeless isle.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it was a considered class. And if it was, then it would be for a further out future where the Bronze Flight would be part of the storyline again.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It was one last tie in bid for the Cryptozoic WoW TCG for their "war of the ancients' expansion. Timewalkers were a new type of card/monster so to speak and the moment that went belly up and hearthstone was in the works timewalkers died off with the cardgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    If you remember, on the timeless isle, what some considered to be a hint at a new class appeared. Three Mobs who were timewalkers, each having a title that would indicate a role. They had a Warden (tank), a Watcher (dps) and a Weaver (healer). Many thought that this was a hint of a class for WoD since it was a time travel themed expansion, and certainly it would have fit.

So, thanks to this theory, I have come to ask a simple question. Do you think they intended to make a timewalker class and gave up? If so, why do you think they would abandon it after what could have been seen as a hint towards it on the timeless isle.
    It was hinted at by players not Blizzard. Just like when people get upset when Blizzard goes against players head canon the timewalker class as playable class was only a reality in some peoples head. Asking if they abandoned a class idea that was never a class idea is only gonna rustle the jimmies of some people here.

Timewalkers =/= Dragonsworn.

Deleted
    My tin foil hat explanation is that in the original "draft" for WoD way back in early development with the chrono-spire and way more time stuff. The Time walkers were the basis of a new class. Then somewhere they decide it doesn't work, scrap a lot of work. Have to remake zones leaving parts feeling unfinished.

The Timewalkers were going to be a faction involved in WoD, but the whole time travel aspect got cut.

They were never going to be a class.

WoD in fact wasn't a time travel expansion. It was garrosh alone with that bronce dragon, going to Draenor 30 years into the past. We, so to say, came to present Draenor which was not corrupted yet, cuz garrosh warned grommash.
    It must have taken years for garrosh and grommash getting together these sheer unending troops AND their warmachines. They had no goblin engineers on Draenor doing the work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Actually there's plenty Goblins in the Iron Horde, working at Grimrail Depot for example. Allegedly Garrosh brought some Goblin Engineers with him.
    For all the halfassed things about WoD's story and implementation, the "Garrosh uh... had some Goblins come with him" bit was always silly in a light-hearted "Oh, Blizzard~" kind of way. We have a nice, strange gap in the plot detailing the experience and just get "he did it because time crystal probably" but not a single account of it and where did he go and who did he bump into because he's not omniscient or anything.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

they were put in the game in 2018 as a new class when the southsea expansion was first released..

Oh wait a minute what year is this again? 2016..

Nothing to see here, move along

10+ Year Old Account

Could be for a future expansion. We've never really clozed Murozond/Nozdormu plot. Well, I'd definitely take that over a tinker.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Could be for a future expansion. We've never really clozed Murozond/Nozdormu plot. Well, I'd definitely take that over a tinker.
    We kinda did didn't we? By killing Murozond, or is there lore about that I missed?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    We kinda did didn't we? By killing Murozond, or is there lore about that I missed?
    But Nozdormu is still very alive. After all, its because of that very faction that a portal to old-Draenor was opened.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I think people were just looking too deep into things that weren't deep at all, like they always do.

They had a Warden (tank), a Watcher (dps) and a Weaver (healer). Many thought that this was a hint of a class for WoD since it was a time travel themed expansion, and certainly it would have fit.
    So wrong. Those were just titles. When I throw on my Jenkins title that doesn't make me a new class. They were representatives of TCG characters who were a warrior and mage. There's a lot other existing classes in the Timewalkers like paladins, shamans, warlocks, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    their time has simply not come yet. Time is very timey-wimey, you have to understand. look up doctor who for more info.
    Hi

I was always hoping Xarantaur from The Storm Peaks would have some group of followers called the Timewalkers. I thought this was it. Disappoint
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    WoD in fact wasn't a time travel expansion. It was garrosh alone with that bronce dragon, going to Draenor 30 years into the past. We, so to say, came to present Draenor which was not corrupted yet, cuz garrosh warned grommash.
    It must have taken years for garrosh and grommash getting together these sheer unending troops AND their warmachines. They had no goblin engineers on Draenor doing the work for them.
    It only took them 2 years. We went to past Draenor, not present Draenor, just not as far into the past as Garrosh initially went.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really hope blizzard can keep out the "time... back and forth" aspect of World of warcraft... lets keep to 1 timeline and go forward...

I am all for Dungeons and/or Raids, like "Culling of stratholm or Blackmoras" but no more "back in time to get past people into the future, since time travel makes things Infinite complicated.

PS: Infinite.... like the Infinite Dragonflight... that is just trubble ;P

... Many thought that this was a hint of a class for WoD since it was a time travel themed expansion, and certainly it would have fit...
    You and your 4 guildies dont count as many
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro