Page 40 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Like what?
    Maternity leave, child care, early childhood education, sex education, health coverage, diapers for babies there's a really long list.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Nah. That's one of the places where I feel the least unsafe.

We also should ban men from children's playgrounds. Because, a predator could claim to be a father and then assault children there! (That is in fact even a more realistic scenario than the bathroom one)
    Police keep close eye on strange men who hang around children's playgrounds who aren't there with their children, but that's also in the open, where they can be seen by the general public. Bathrooms aren't.

Now you're defending strange men who hang out at children's playgrounds?. OMG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adunai View Post
    Being called a bigot by a Westerner is a compliment in this day and age.
    Proudly proclaiming your utter contempt or hatred for how someone was born was deemed unacceptable by first-world nations a while ago.

Most people in developed countries would expect even children to be above that sort of lazy, stunted behavior.

Wherever you live must be.... interesting, indeed.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

We aren't obsessed with it, we said no, end of story. The left is obsessed with it for some strange reason.
    The left aren't the ones passing laws and introducing legislation on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    Only you could get that from my post. Good job. x)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Maternity leave, child care, early childhood education, sex education, health coverage, diapers for babies there's a really long list.
    Well personal responsibility should factor into that also, just because you have a kid you cant afford doesn't mean I should be forced to pay for it. I'm not cho daddy.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-04-30 at 10:40 AM.

Police keep close eye on strange men who hang around children's playgrounds who aren't there with their children, but that's also in the open, where they can be seen by the general public. Bathrooms aren't.

You want police to hang out in bathrooms?

The left aren't the ones passing laws and introducing legislation on it.
    Uh yeah they are always trying to pass laws like that or use their corrupt judges they installed to circumvent the will of the people.

10+ Year Old Account
    We aren't obsessed with it
    Yeah, sure thing bud
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Why do you imagine republicans would have a problem with any of that?

I don't want to pay for the diapers of others, and hate Obamacare because it's already almost doubled my insurance cost, but that has nothing to do with not caring for the safety of women and children.

Because they have voted down or argued against laws that support any of these subject that would help women, children and or prevent pregnancies.

I don't want to pay for the diapers of others, and hate Obamacare because it's already almost doubled my insurance cost, but that has nothing to do with not caring for the safety of women and children.
    You know it was the republicans in congress who removed the part of Obamacare that would make it so insurance costs wouldn't increase?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You want police to hang out in bathrooms?
    I don't want men in women's bathrooms.

And actually, theft got so bad in New York City at Port Authority, that for several years, they HAD to station police officers inside women's bathrooms, to protect them. Of course, they were women's police officers.

We shouldn't have to have police officers stationed inside women's bathrooms --because men shouldn't be allowed to just walk into them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Research the legislative agendas of Republican and Tea Party politicians. Listen to their stump speeches. Watch their debates.

Some day maybe you'll join the vast majority of human beings in objective reality. Hopefully, anyway.

Well personal responsibility should factor into that also, just because you have a kid you cant afford doesn't mean I should be forced to pay for it. I'm not cho daddy.
    The republican stance is that people should stay virgins until marriage and only have children when they are ready to. Anything that helps prevent pregnancies like sex education and birth control they are against, the states under republican control teach abstinence only and don't give out any information on birth control. The personal responsibility line does not apply since the only time republicans seems to care is when people do get pregnant and are considering an abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You know it was the republicans in congress who removed the part of Obamacare that would make it so insurance costs wouldn't increase?
    My insurance was a lot better, and cheaper before Obamacare. It's total crap now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh yeah they are always trying to pass laws like that or use their corrupt judges they installed to circumvent the will of the people.
    The "will of the people" is a tired old adage that has been used to trod on the rights of minorities for centuries. And apparently the judges are "corrupt" when they are doing their job in the way of making sure everyone enjoys equal rights. You far right conservatives are a unique breed of special I have to say.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

I don't want men in women's bathrooms.
    But you want transmen in women's bathrooms which makes it easier for people born men to get into women's bathroom. A lot easier for a man to slip in pretending to be a transman than it is to dress up like a woman and pretend to be a transwoman.

But you see intent on ignoring this fact for some reason.

My insurance was a lot better, and cheaper before Obamacare. It's total crap now.
    What was it before and after?

10+ Year Old Account
    We shouldn't have to have police officers stationed inside women's bathrooms --because men shouldn't be allowed to just walk into them.
    So now the right is going to raise taxes to pay for genital inspection at all publicly accessible restrooms?

Party of small government until it comes to enshrining their inbred bigotry into law.