Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Mage Rainbow Glyphs, Giveaway, Movie Tweet, Nostalrius, Blue Posts, Unholy Preview

Season 6 starts today! Patch 2.4.1 Guide by Drahque

The Many Mouths of Yogg-Saron - Card History, Popular Yogg Decks, Triple-Saron, Old Bards Design Competition

Town Hall Heroes Ep. 105, Into the Nexus #103- "Kael'thas Finds a Way"

Exploring Overwatch - Easter Eggs, AngryJoe's Overwatch Lambo Adventure in 360

Legion - Rainbow Effect
    Recent Legion builds have added rainbow glyphs for mages, such as Glyph of Blinkbow and Glyph of the Falling Rainbow.

While these aren't fully implemented yet, we decided to take a look at how they might appear. These glyphs aren't actually available yet and the effect is only used for the Prismatic Bauble currently, so this is just an idea of what they might look like if they use the same effect. You can find an alternative version of this preview here.

Poll and Giveaway
    As Legion is getting closer, now is a good time to see what everyone is excited about! We are also testing a new feature with this giveaway, so be sure to read the information below closely, as this is different than previous giveaways.

• Prizes - Your choice of a Pet or Mount from the Battle.Net shop + 1 month of Curse Premium.
    • Enter by clicking the button below to log in with your Battle.Net account and then vote in the two polls below.
    • Logging in with your Battle.Net account through Blizzard gives us access to your Battletag and list of characters. None of this data will be shared publicly.
    • You can read about why logging in with your Battle.Net account this way is safe on the official site here.
    • Winners will receive a PM on MMO-Champion or a Battle.Net Friend request which you have one week to reply to. After that, a new winner will be selected.
    • While an MMO-Champion account is not required, it will make it easier to get your prize. Be sure to log in to the site before clicking the Battle.Net button.
    • You have until Monday May 2 @ 11:59 PM EST to enter the contest.

Warcraft Movie Tweet
    Blizzard tweeted "We're really excited for the #WarcraftMovie", along with some new weapon models. Two of these models look similar to new phone accessories for the movie, which can be found on Amazon.

Nostalrius Announcement
    The Nostalrius Twitter announced an announcement coming this weekend, related to a meeting with Blizzard.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Brewmaster Monk Feedback -- Build 21570 -- 27-Apr
    I'm going to ignore everyone else in the thread for the moment and point out a problem with Gift of the Ox.

People are seeing fewer orbs than they should if they use ISB because of the way the proc formula works.

(0.75 * Damage / MaxHealth) * (3 - 2 * HealthPercentAfterDamage)

Damage is the full damage of the hit, before absorbs, before Stagger. HealthPercentAfterDamage is with stagger taken into account, but not other absorbs. Mitigation does reduce Damage. In your example, Damage would be 100k.

Okay, so mitigation reduces Damage, and HealthPercentAfterDamage. Stagger reduces HealthpercentAfterDamage. However, GotO does not proc off of the Stagger DoT, so what happens is this:

Player 1 is at 100% health and does not use ISB. They generate X orbs over the next 10 seconds.

Player 2 is also at 100% health and DOES use ISB, but does not Purify. Both players take the same amount of damage over the next 10 seconds, however Player 2 gets less than X orbs because each individual melee swing is lower, yet their health is getting reduced all the same because Stagger is ticking.

What happens here is that, if you are trying to play like a good tank and smooth your damage all of the time, you get fewer orbs EVEN IF you maintain the same health level. Naturally, this means that many good players will see far fewer orbs than someone that knows the "secret" to playing BrM.

Change the HealthPercentAfterDamage variable to just Current Health and retune it a little. You already have Damage/Max Health representing the size of the hit, so the delta in health is already being counted and it doesn't need to be counted again.

This should result in the proper amount of orbs being seen for good players, which will make them safer when they drop low, which should ease the feeling of dying whenever they don't have ISB up.

Kind of. Right problem, different solution. We're going to err in the player's favor here, and make HealthPercentAfterDamage based on the same Damage amount as the left part of the equation is (ie, the full damage of the hit, before absorbs, before stagger, instead of after stagger).

OLD: (0.75 * Damage / MaxHealth) * (3 - 2 * (CurrentHealth - (Damage - Stagger)) / MaxHealth)
    NEW: (0.75 * Damage / MaxHealth) * (3 - 2 * (CurrentHealth - Damage) / MaxHealth)

That will ensure that ISB doesn't reduce the chance to generate an orb on any given attack (but still will on the next attack by virtue of being higher health).

Is that before damage reduction? meaning the RAW un-mitigated damage?
    No, neither of those are before armor or any other actual DR effect. It's just before Stagger/Absorbs.

Also, out of almost 1,000 Ox orbs, none of them proc'd Celestial Fortune.

Also, they disperse after a short time, ranging from 21 seconds to 28 seconds. If you're greater than a 8ish yards away from them when they do, they will not heal you.

Gift of the Ox + Celestial Fortune fixed for next build.

They last 30sec, always.

My post was about how I suggest you play Brewmaster, not healers.

I didn't say that healers should let you sit at low health; that's putting words in my mouth. Healers should generally heal you the same as any other tank, just with the knowledge that it's safer to use more efficient heals. For example, a healer may typically keep a HoT rolling, and use lots of normal Heals while you're above 80%, and switch to Flash Heal if you drop below that. With a Brewmaster, they can probably stick to normal Heals for longer, switching to Flashes only at 60% or something. That's an over-simplified picture of things, but that's the general idea. It doesn't mean to stop healing them.

You also shouldn't try to take more damage. Stagger is a very powerful mechanic, and it lets you choose when you take damage, and when you don't (or rather, take way way less). The whole point of this is to minimize damage, and take that damage at opportune times (when you're not in danger).

Thanks for the constructive discussion on this, it's been great.

We think it's fairly intuitive and works well, that you have limited brew charges, and so want to use them when in danger and not when not in danger. However, the further amplification of that through Gift of the Ox is a little too much of a stretch for people to notice (buried in the Gift of the Ox tooltip) and play around.

We also agree with many of the discussed issues that the healing spheres in general pose.

We have the following further revisions planned:

• Gift of the Ox will now drop healing spheres more consistently*, but will no longer drop them more frequently when you are at low health, baseline.
    • Secret Ingredients has been replaced with a new talent, Gift of the Mists: Passive. Gift of the Ox has an up to 100% increased chance to trigger, based on your missing health.
    • Expel Harm has returned for Brewmasters:
    • Expel Harm
    • Instant, 15 Energy
    • Draw in the positive chi of all Healing Spheres within 30 yards, and expel negative chi, damaging the nearest enemy for 10% of the amount healed.

Let us know how this feels when you get a chance to try it in the next build. Thanks!

* Theorycrafter info: It's no longer a random chance, under the hood. When you are hit, it increments a counter by (DamageTakenBeforeAbsorbsOrStagger / MaxHealth). It now drops an orb whenever that reaches 1.0, and decrements it by 1.0. The tooltip still says ‘chance’, to keep it understandable. Gift of the Mists multiplies that counter increment by (2 - (HealthBeforeDamage - DamageTakenBeforeAbsorbsOrStagger) / MaxHealth); ie, a simple linear 0-100% increase based on missing health, counting the hit as a full hit.

I would also suggest a UI display for how many orbs are within 30 yards. This could be shown on the Expel Harm tooltip.
    It will be. The count of Healing Spheres (with Greater Healing Spheres from the artifact counting as 2) will be shown on the Expel Harm button. When there are no Healing Spheres, the button will be disabled. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Road to BlizzCon 2016 Rules Clarification
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Following our recent blog (link) detailing some updates to the rules for the 2016 World of Warcraft Road to BlizzCon, we’ve seen some questions about the rationale behind some of those changes. We’d like to go into more detail on our thinking to help you better understand why we made these changes and why we think they’re the right decisions for the 2016 Arena Championship—and once you’ve had a chance to hear our thoughts, we’d love for you to share any further feedback or concerns you might have.

Every rule change we’re making this year is fully intended to support the Arena community. We made some great strides forward in that regard with the 2015 Road to BlizzCon, and we want to continue that trend in 2016.

Regarding the roster swap rules, there are several contributing factors to our decision to allow one roster swap between qualifiers and regionals. For example, Legion will be rolling out during this time frame, which brings some sweeping changes to classes and other gameplay elements critical to the Arena. Because it will be very difficult (if not impossible) to predict exactly how that will affect everything, we want teams to have a bit of extra flexibility to adjust. We also felt that last year’s roster rules were stricter than they needed to be and wanted to relax them just slightly. We feel that this is the right choice for World of Warcraft competition in 2016.

Next, we wanted to talk about why we’re allowing teams who have already qualified to compete in further events. One of our main goals here is to increase exposure—as well as income opportunities—for top WoW Arena teams. It’s similar to the approach we take with our other games, and even outside of Blizzard, it’s fairly common practice to allow—even encourage—players or teams who’ve qualified for a regional (or equivalent) to continue playing in events leading up to that regional.

This approach provides a number of advantages that can help an esport grow: Viewers are able to see their favorite players and teams competing in more events, which helps those players and teams form a stronger fanbase. Teams have the potential to earn more prize money and get more sponsorship opportunities earlier on, supporting their ability to participate in esports as a career. It’s also worth mentioning that we plan for the qualifier cups to use a double-elimination system this year.

Overall, we feel that allowing teams to compete in multiple events is a good move forward for the growth of WoW esports, but like I said, it’s a change we made to help our top WoW teams. We’ve already been speaking directly with several top-level players and competitors—including previous BlizzCon champions—about these changes, but we’re definitely interested in additional feedback from everyone in the community now that you have a bit more context. If you disagree with this change, what exactly concerns you about it?

We all want to make WoW esports the best it can be, and your constructive feedback is greatly appreciated to help us achieve that. Thanks for all the great discussion so far.

First I would like to see what other examples you guys are looking at where this happens. Perhaps it works well and we just are not aware.
    StarCraft, Heroes of the Storm, and Hearthstone’s esports programs all allow qualified teams to compete in further events. It's also common practice in fighting games, and obviously anything that's using a league structure (by which I mean that teams aren’t prohibited from participating in league play once they’ve qualified for a championship event). Many non-Blizzard games that we’d consider major esports use a league structure, which admittedly isn’t an exact 1-to-1 comparison to WoW’s Road to BlizzCon.

What we’re proposing is more similar to StarCraft, Heroes and Hearthstone's systems. Having said that, we of course realize that just because it works for those games doesn't mean it will work for WoW. That’s why we wanted to provide some extra context, and ask how you guys feel about it.

Final Boss - Unholy Death Knight Spec Preview
    Final Boss is back with a second round of spec previews.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-05-01 at 12:13 PM.

The sound effect for that rainbow will be Theralion's original voice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not letting me log in. When i click accept and all that it goes back to the MMOC frontpage and still says "log in to enter and win"

Laaaaaaame
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Its not letting me log in. When i click accept and all that it goes back to the MMOC frontpage and still says "log in to enter and win"
    Once you are redirected back here, you are logged in.

7+ Year Old Account
    i need this glyph, so much.
    and nice giveaway.

Formerly known as Arafal

Horde

According to Youtube comments, homosexuals now own the rainbow. Oh dear gods, we can't have anything pretty or fun just because it is rainbow colored. It is a toy ffs.

I hate this macho sh.t. Like it suddenly changes your personality or sexual orientation. Gods save us from liking some shiny thing. Don't like it? Don't use it. Not mandatory.

Also thanks for the giveaway!

That glyph is the worst things i've seen in this game.

When I log into the Battle.net account, I come back to the home page and it presents me with the "Log In" button again. I've done the Authorisation, but I'm not sure if whether you're just not hiding it after you're logged in, or whether or not it's not working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Once you are redirected back here, you are logged in.
    Okay thanks
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    That glyph is the worst things i've seen in this game.
    Then you must be new to the game. Take it from a veteran and player of vanilla, there have been far worse 'things seen in the game'.

This is quite fun, do lighten up a little.

I want that Glyph for my rogue so badly. Darn shame they're removing Burst of Speed in Legion. I'd zoom everywhere with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Is there any way to tell if we've entered the giveaway successfully with our battle.net account? Every time I reload the page the poll has reset itself and lets me vote again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    When I log into the Battle.net account, I come back to the home page and it presents me with the "Log In" button again. I've done the Authorisation, but I'm not sure if whether you're just not hiding it after you're logged in, or whether or not it's not working.
    It redirects you back here after you have successfully logged in so that you can vote in the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Is there any way to tell if we've entered the giveaway successfully with our battle.net account? Every time I reload the page the poll has reset itself and lets me vote again.
    The polls show the questions again, but once you have voted if you try to do it again, it will say "Thank you, we have already counted your vote" at the top.

now we just need the unicorn mount

I hope it's works, I try to log in, it's write "you successful log in bla-bla-bla" but nothing special more... not any icon or avatar selection...
    Anyway... good luck for every one

How long before someone does an addon, or a WeakAura putting the Nyan Cat music to those glyphs.

Edit: Ok, I suppose that was too predictable.
    The alternative video preview already did that.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-04-30 at 01:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    now we just need the unicorn mount
    we already have them

Formerly known as Arafal

for those wonder if it work,you should see your b-tag on the top right when you click the Log-in to enter button.

Soooo many butthurt people in comment sections everywhere My main is mage and I love these glyphs, ahaha