Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think she managed to put more English people to work due to her foreign visits then she's costing the state money.
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    She also bring in around 787 million in tourism revenue while only costing the taxpayers around 50 million. Factor in all the jobs created by said tourism, linked or not to the royal family (hotels, pubs, etc. etc.) and you, sir, look fucking retarded in telling them to go fuck off and die. Be ignorant some more please.

http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...-money/278052/
    Yes, the queen is personally responsible for all the tourism. All of it. A 90-year old woman rarely seen by the public.

Obviously the world would stop coming if the old woman they never see wasn't there.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2016-04-30 at 11:57 AM.

I imagine she is reserved because she doesn't really have all that many interesting things to say. Sure, she's seen a lot of shit in her lifetime, but so has just about every other British person her age and while she occupies an elevated role in society, it's not one that requires her to shoulder heavy burdens or make tough decisions on a regular basis. Her only job is to merely exist and do as little as possible to embarrass the country, and to give credit where it's due, she's certainly quite good at that.

Still though, I feel like at the very least all of us non-UK citizens should stop fellating the British monarchy as if they are some kind of international institution with some special status above all of the other pointless ceremonial monarchies. Nobody gives a crap about, say, the Queen of Denmark.
    Last edited by Macaquerie; 2016-04-30 at 12:00 PM.

On the Other hand , the Queens Husband "the Duke of Edinburgh - Prince Phillip"
    is a real funny guy and should have been a comedian.

Some of his funny quotes include:

On a tour of Canada: "We don't come here for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves."

During the recession he mused: “Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaining they are unemployed."

When accepting a figurine from a woman during a visit to Kenya he asked: "You are a woman aren't you?"

While on an official visit to China, he told a group of British exchange students living in the city of Xian:
    "If you stay here much longer you'll all be slitty–eyed."

At a Buckingham Palace drinks party, he told group of female Labour MPs: "Ah, so this is feminist corner then."

"Well, you'll never fly in it, you're too fat to be an astronaut." - to a 13-year-old whilst visiting a space shuttle.

“You look like you’re ready for bed!” - To the President of Nigeria, dressed in traditional robes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    On the Other hand , the Queens Husband "the Duke of Edinburgh - Prince Phillip"
    is a real funny guy and should have been a comedian.
    Nah, he should have been a nazi like every other blood relative in his family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Nah, he should have been a nazi like every other blood relative in his family.
    Are you trying to get yourself banned or something? There are easier ways than sprouting bullshit like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I think the majority of people in England have a huge amount of respect for the Queen, as much for who she is as a person and how hard she works for our country than anything else.
    What exactly has she done for your country?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    I wish she was more outspoken certainly, she's anti-EU and pro Brexit and wants us to have closer ties to the commonwealth nations and the USA (not under Obama or Hilary though I'm guessing). I think she realises the position she has and doesn't abuse it though, she could certainly have a massive amount of influence in the issues of out time if she wanted to. I think she's under the impression that a head of state shouldn't have anything to do with politics when it should be the other way round, Christian's have always had a massive influence on political matters and the decline of the west is because their influence has diminished. It is in fact the government that should have no influence in the Church.
    She is a smart lady. Understands real values. And OP, I have seen many photos of her smiling. Take your blinders off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Are you trying to get yourself banned or something? There are easier ways than sprouting bullshit like this.
    His family all became nazis. It is a matter of public record.

Deleted
    You know, she was once shot at while riding on a horse for a parade, and she didn't even flinch. She kept calm, and carried on ;P

She's just a cool, calm and collected person, and fk you she does smile, when something makes her. Should she put on a fake smile to amuse the public? Hell no.

She's an elderly woman, who has been queen since her 20's and is the longest reigning monarch EVER, maybe she has the right to be reserved and not act like...well her husband lol

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    His family all became nazis. It is a matter of public record.
    And he served in Royal Navy in WW2. yes, some of his relatives were on the wrong side in the same war, but why blame it on Philip ? you can say the same about QE2's various relatives, but she served in the Women’s Auxiliary Territorial Service and is btw. the last surviving head of state who served in uniform during the Second World War.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    What exactly has she done for your country?
    I wouldn't go there. What follows is a argument steeped in sophistry, similar to the "argue black is white" training lawyers are given.

Say someone dropped an enormous pile of cowshit in Westminster. You could agree that there was a huge knock-on effect in retail in nearby streets since people would avoid the cowshit in that particular street. You tally up the profits to businesses in the area and ignore the losses to businesses in direct vicinity of the cowshit, and claim the cowshit is benefitting Britain. You talk about how Londoners came together and cleaned up the cowshit-the very essence of the British stiff upper lip that defines this great nation etc etc, and how the cowshit reminded us of the Blitz and our true values etc etc ad infinitum.

This is only marginally less ridiculous than what royal sycophants do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    And he served in Royal Navy in WW2. yes, some of his relatives were on the wrong side in the same war, but why blame it on Philip ? you can say the same about QE2's various relatives, but she served in the Women’s Auxiliary Territorial Service and is btw. the last surviving head of state who served in uniform during the Second World War.
    The cunt dishes it out to regular basis to everyone he meets. You think he cares about the redeeming qualities of everyone he insults?

You dish it out, you can take it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the queen is personally responsible for all the tourism. All of it. A 90-year old woman rarely seen by the public.

Obviously the world would stop coming if the old woman they never see wasn't there.
    Also there is the land the royal family owns that the government gets to use. That land generates 160 million pounds in profit a year that would otherwise go to her.

Last edited by Nathreim; 2016-04-30 at 12:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Also there is the land the royal family owns that the government gets to use. That land generates a couple of billion a year that would otherwise go to her.
    Land taken by force and bloodshed. Oh how indebted we are.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Also there is the land the royal family owns that the government gets to use. That land generates a couple of billion a year that would otherwise go to her.
    British land belongs to the British people.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Apart from that losses Britain would have to shoulder the burden of maintaining other residences and business for another sort of head of state.

- - - Updated - - -

British land belongs to the British people.
    Last i heard UK is not run by a communist government.

Deleted
    Apart from that losses Britain would have to shoulder the burden of maintaining other residences and business for another sort of head of state.
    So a cheaper or no alternative to the monarchy would be more expensive than the monarchy. See point about sophistry above.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't go there. What follows is a argument steeped in sophistry, similar to the "argue black is white" training lawyers are given.
    What kind of answer is that? If someone claims they have respect for the things shes done, i just want to know what those things are. I cant think of any, unless you count draining the wealth of an entire empire just to fill their own coffers.

Deleted
    Last i heard UK is not run by a communist government.
    Questioning the legality of ownership obtained by violence, under the due process of British law, is somehow "communist". See point about sophistry above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    What kind of answer is that?
    None at all. I was just trying to save you the mental torture involved in seeing this out.

Quote Originally Posted by One Pound View Post
    Compared to the other kings and queens of Europe, she is very reserved and doesn't speak and appear much in public. other kings and queens speak a lot on TV and appear 'normal'. They make documentaries and appear on the news. They look like normal people and speak like normal people. Queen Elizabeth doesn't. She doesn't show her true character. She doesn't even smile!

Does she think she's better than the other kings and queens of Europe?
    Because she is the last true monarch in the world, she isn't a celebrity like all the other, she is from a more civilized era.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.