Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Anyone keeping up with the news should have realised this already, if perhaps not attributing it to all affected items they own.
    Oh, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have a bunch of affected items that I'll discover sometime after patch day. I didn't really expect to have a white item that's not transmoggable (and thus not part of the wardrobe system) to end up as collateral damage though.

Maybe I need to keep tabs on the starter shirts too since those also getting moved into collections and might also be items Blizzard wants to make sure stick to their 'intended' races.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post
    Oh, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to have a bunch of affected items that I'll discover sometime after patch day. I didn't really expect to have a white item that's not transmoggable (and thus not part of the wardrobe system) to end up as collateral damage though.

Maybe I need to keep tabs on the starter shirts too since those also getting moved into collections and might also be items Blizzard wants to make sure stick to their 'intended' races.
    That too is an interesting point, easy enough to check though I suspect in the same way.
    Go to legion.wowhead.com then search for the item - or at least I think you should be, as wowhead seems to be throwing a tantrum for me at present.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by manypillars View Post

This would suck. I have a shirt on my draenei from a pre-Cata Blood Elf. I really dislike all the restrictions, because God forbid we have fun.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    This would suck. I have a shirt on my draenei from a pre-Cata Blood Elf. I really dislike all the restrictions, because God forbid we have fun.
    It's more likely that any and all unique or neat soulbound rewards that are only obtainable if you're a certain race or possibly class will end up newly restricted. Starter shirts getting restricted is (I hope) very unlikely since you could buy and sell them pretty freely. If they did it would just seem like spite. Not that restricting the gnome sword, belf sword, and worgen hat don't come off with a certain amount of spite anyway.

Btw on the Very Light Sabre, there is a 2-handed sword version without restriction as a drop.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Are you? Point is simple: If people have already started spending money -4 months before launch- and taking for granted that things are not going to change (even though history in this very alpha shows they are restricting a lot of items), that's borderline moronic. Why in the holy name of fuck wouldn't you just wait until launch to see how things turn out?
    The item has been in the game since Cataclysm with no race restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Btw on the Very Light Sabre, there is a 2-handed sword version without restriction as a drop.
    If there is, I don't see it on WoWhead, there's only 1h versions.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

why does someone even do shit like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    If there is, I don't see it on WoWhead, there's only 1h versions.
    Seems I was mistaken, could have sworn there was.
    Had in my head for some reason that drop from Mennu was a 2-handed version.
    Still that means you at least have that option for a non-restricted 1h sword, same as the quest reward.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-04-30 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    why does someone even do shit like this?
    Who knows. I'm genuinely curious what goes through the head of the person who implements this kind of shit. I can only imagine "Hmmm, people have been race and faction changing to get the top hat on other races than worgen, can't have that. Adding a restriction."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Oh well, that's lame. They let us keep items from faction changing for so many years and now we'll be denied from using them. I can understand class restrictions since there's no paid class change and for example if you have the warlock horns they don't want suddenly to allow you mogging it on every priest or mage alt because this item was never obtainable by those other classes.

Faction restrictions make sense in case of pvp gear or t9 but they have opposite faction recolours / models to use.

But racial restrictions?

I can maybe understand the blood knight tabard and the draenei tabard. They're extremely racial specific. You wouldn't want your tauren or human run around with a logo of the silvermoon order of blood knights. But other things?

If I have the lightsaber only gnome warrior can get it means it's gonna be restricted to gnomes?

...Well f*** me, it is.
    http://legion.wowhead.com/item=59039/very-light-sabre

Goddamnit.

I wonder what else I'm gonna suddenly find unusable on either alts or chars I race / faction changed.
    What the hell? They're adding race restrictions to those things now? Well there goes any hype I had for the new system. I'd rather keep the current one if they're going to fuck it up like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    What the hell? They're adding race restrictions to those things now? Well there goes any hype I had for the new system. I'd rather keep the current one if they're going to fuck it up like this.
    I don't feel that strongly. I'm just sick of them putting in restrictions for...reasons? They never really give a reason that makes sense to the community. The first transmog system had very tight rules - 1h axes to 1h axes, polearms to polearms, 2h swords to 2h swords, etc. They lightened that up, and then even lightened it further by allowing staves and polearms to be transmoggable with other 2h weapons (for applicable classes). Their excuse was that they wanted to "get the system out there first" and then "work on things at a later date" - which, to their credit, they did.

Making certain things restricted by races and classes makes the system a lot less charming. If I can't use the gnome sword on my draenei warrior, then I have little point to go out and make a gnome to get the transmog. I have a lot more incentive to level a ton of other alts if I start them for certain things, or level them up to higher levels for other things (like the Blood Knight tabard), especially if I can use said items on any other toon I already have. The fun part about it should be that you can use everything within the current rules, with some things lightened by having it as a collection across your account. Having both class and race restrictions doesn't make the entire collection feel account-bound in the end, and makes the entire process feel like we're missing things, instead of gaining things.

However, I hope that after this initial wave of crap, they decide to loosen up and let people have, you know, fun. It's entirely possible they'll redo these restrictions once a ton of people complain that their hard-earned items from one character aren't even showing up for another character at all. They could even add in more cosmetic items or change items that aren't currently cosmetic. We'll just have to be vocal about it on places like the official forums and Twitter to get our point across.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

This is a really strange thing to get all up in arms about.

Blizzard did something similar with the faded wizard hat I believe. There was some sort of restriction put on it after it had been out for a while.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

If someone wants to pay money to race change then I think they deserve a very rare transmogrification item regardless of race.

But then again, the High Society Top Hat exists and this change is likely because of account-wide transmog. I'm okay with this change as long as they fix the droprates on those Cataclysm cosmetic item recipes already, because having a .1% dropchance off of a several-day spawn that can be killed by a single player nowadays is not particularly good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    If someone wants to pay money to race change then I think they deserve a very rare transmogrification item regardless of race.

But then again, the High Society Top Hat exists and this change is likely because of account-wide transmog. I'm okay with this change as long as they fix the droprates on those Cataclysm cosmetic item recipes already, because having a .1% dropchance off of a several-day spawn that can be killed by a single player nowadays is not particularly good design.
    Problem is High Society Top Hat goes for over 100k easily on the AH, and isn't even cosmetic so can't be used for transmog.

I used to have a level 20 alt that sold my glyphs. It had a proper attire including a wizard's hat. There was only 1 hat available at that level. When the toy system came in place, they changed it to a toy and thus my alt went hatless every since. It sucks, but things change.

7+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard continues fixing these long outstanding issues, I may just re-sub again. Bout god dammed time this issue was resolved.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    RIP to anyone who paid money to race / faction change their worgen for the top hat.
    Worgen is a race... Not a class sigh.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

thats actually make sense because currently you can make huge amount of gold by selling High Society Top Hat. the recipe is VERY VERY rare. Currently there are 19 hats on EU auction houses, all of them 50-150k each. So worgen hat kinda devaluates efforts of tailors that farmed this recipe for months (yeah months).