Poll: UK or USA to live?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    UK, I prefer living in first world countries.
    Then you should get out of the netherlands.

One week a year, out in the California desert you can pretend to be Mad Max

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    NYC.

For all we know the center of civilization in the Galaxy.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2016-04-30 at 03:39 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    USA has way to many cops who shoot you for no reason
    USA has way to many retarded feminists
    USA has way to many problems
    USA has nice locations to visit but is it really worth the risk of getting killed in the process ?
    Ignorance at it's finest right here folks. US it's a lot less crowded and through out the country it's completely different.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Your title is messed up, there is more to the UK than just England.
    Not really.

IBTL

I'm surprised honestly it made it this far.

USA, hands down. If I am to choose between anglo-saxon-central-european hybrid and pure anglo-saxon model, I would chose the latter any given day.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Ignorance at it's finest right here folks. US it's a lot less crowded and through out the country it's completely different.
    and yr news networks cover all the brutality of the police and do nothing about it

also america ranks 33 in countries were people are the most happiest and healthiest
    also a reason not to live there

so i just named 3 negatives and 1 positive and you think thats ALL THERE IS ?
    how naive and good for you

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    UK, I prefer living in first world countries.
    USA is 2nd world? I simply disagree. USA has distinct advantages; lots of space to live, it's not compressed like Europe. Not sure about other professions, but my profession -- Software Engineering is one of the best professions to go in USA. Personally, I think USA has a better feel of community and finally, I think it's landscape/nature is more diverse and superior to Europe. Don't get me wrong, I would personally pick any central-European country to USA but just not UK.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-04-30 at 06:53 PM.

Neither preferably, but if I must choose: the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    USA, hands up drop yr gun * but sir police man its my wallet ! * i said drop it !! * okay okay * he's going for his gun SHOOT HIM!! * aaargh i said it was my wallet ... *
    so hands up and down and play dead over there
    love yr cops you guys are having

america is weird

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    US without a doubt, I don't want to live a country where I can be arrested for free speech.
    Yes, better live in a country where you can be arrested for no reasons, or for make-believe reasons like "resisting arrest" when there was no prior reason for an arrest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    People who say shit like this just show how ignorant they are - in this case, not knowing what a third world country really is or what a first world country is. U.S. is a first world country. If you don't think it is, well, then you don't have a fucking clue what a third world country is or what one is like.
    Yes, others need much more text for that, just look at post #101, that is a prime example for false information.

- - - Updated - - -

USA, hands down. If I am to choose between anglo-saxon-central-european hybrid and pure anglo-saxon model, I would chose the latter any given day.
    Because you dislike democracy?

Deleted
    Why would want to live in in Islamic Kingdom?

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Because you dislike democracy?
    USA is democratic enough to live in.

UK. Because my wow crush lives there.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

If I have to pick one based on forever, the USA, because it has a wide range of different locations. The green and cold Northeast, the Hot and sunny Southeast, the Desert Southwest, the green and rainy Northwest and the plain...great plains.

But if you say 10 years, I'd wouldn't mind spending 10 years in the UK areas (England, Scottland, Ireland).

Looking at all these other posts, it seems too people judge a country purely from the headline news and that's pretty sad way to view the world

USA is democratic enough to live in.
    If you believe so.
    I think it is an oligarchy, if that.

US, need to get out of europe before its too late

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    and yr news networks cover all the brutality of the police and do nothing about it

also america ranks 33 in countries were people are the most happiest and healthiest
    also a reason not to live there

so i just named 3 negatives and 1 positive and you think thats ALL THERE IS ?
    how naive and good for you
    1) happens on extremely rare cases.

2) no one gives a shit about a bullshit poll. American's love to bitch about things so of course it's not going to rank high.

Things that are better here
    1) Cost of living is less here overall look at the price of gas for example it's way less here then in the UK. In the US you can actually afford to buy a home.
    2) Diversity of the country and it's regions. You have a multitude of diversity here. You can live in New York for a year and move to anywhere else in the country and it's completely different.
    3) sheer size of the country/population the UK's population density is 257 ppl per sq KM the US is 35.

In answer to your ridiculous claim you will die by crazy police last year was the highest amount ever killed by the police and it was 1,134 total our population is 318 million. I'm fairly certain you can go about your day and not worry about getting shot. Ignorant people like yourself believe the media who directly profits by exaggerating shit.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    1) happens on normal everyday cases.

2) everyone gives a shit about a correct poll. American's hate to bitch about things so of course it's going to rank high.

Things that are Worse here
    1) Cost of living is higher here overall look at the price of gas for example it's way Higher here then in the UK. In the US you can't afford to buy a home.
    2) Diversity of the country and it's regions. You don't have a multitude of diversity here. You can't live in New York for a day and move to anywhere else in the country and it's completely disastrous.
    3) sheer size of the country/population the UK's population density is 257 ppl per sq KM the US is 350,000.

In answer to your well observed claim you will die by normal police last year was the highest amount ever killed by the police and it was 1,134 million total our population is 318 million and we are dropping off like flies. I'm fairly certain you can't go about your day and get shot. genius people like yourself don't beleive the media who don't profits by providing you with correct news.
    i COULDN'T AGREE MORE
    america really is beyond help xD