Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    But right now its definitely a lot more "casual friendly" (difficulty wise) for lack of a better term than I was expecting. And that's without having even experienced what its like to summon people to help you. That's not entirely a bad thing, but not what I thought the series was about.
    Like I mentioned above, that's almost certainly a result of the more linear nature of progression - it's much harder to end up in a more difficult zone earlier than intended, and a fair amount of the difficulty in DS has been figuring out where to go next and when (following the "intended" progression of any of the previous games makes them noticeably less difficult than the hype would have you believe).

Yeah that seems obvious to have the mob ai go after someone being too timid or at the very least switch once in a while otherwise it becomes sort of a joke.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    lol I just soloed Nameless King for some dude while he stood in the back...

They really need to fix Boss AI because they basically only aggro to people attacking them, so the host can just sit in the back and not do anything and get free kills. I'm all for making the game easier for people who are struggling, but getting completely carried... yeah I'm not down for that. I could've died and let him handle it on his own but I wanted the Sunlight Medal.
    I totally would have brought the boss over for a...group hug.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that seems obvious to have the mob ai go after someone being too timid or at the very least switch once in a while otherwise it becomes sort of a joke.
    They generally do switch from what I've experienced, but it sounds like the person Poppincaps encountered managed to game the system by staying outside the "area" of the fight (some bosses have this...you can sit at the entrance and not move and the boss won't trigger until you take a few steps in, though I'm pretty sure once you get the boss close enough to someone at that spot they should go ahead and aggro - if not, then that definitely needs to be fixed).

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Like I mentioned above, that's almost certainly a result of the more linear nature of progression - it's much harder to end up in a more difficult zone earlier than intended, and a fair amount of the difficulty in DS has been figuring out where to go next and when (following the "intended" progression of any of the previous games makes them noticeably less difficult than the hype would have you believe).
    Point still stands, but that may clear up some peoples perception.

Seems a bit silly if that's where the supposed difficulty comes from though, as no one would have said an mmo was especially difficult just because they put a zone 10 levels higher than another next to each other and didn't put a wall between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    lol I just soloed Nameless King for some dude while he stood in the back...

They really need to fix Boss AI because they basically only aggro to people attacking them, so the host can just sit in the back and not do anything and get free kills. I'm all for making the game easier for people who are struggling, but getting completely carried... yeah I'm not down for that. I could've died and let him handle it on his own but I wanted the Sunlight Medal.
    Agreed.

On my fire I did hang back and shot the boss with arrows. The funny part was he kept going back and forth a few times. Boss just didn't know who to argo.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    I totally would have brought the boss over for a...group hug.

- - - Updated - - -

They generally do switch from what I've experienced, but it sounds like the person Poppincaps encountered managed to game the system by staying outside the "area" of the fight (some bosses have this...you can sit at the entrance and not move and the boss won't trigger until you take a few steps in, though I'm pretty sure once you get the boss close enough to someone at that spot they should go ahead and aggro - if not, then that definitely needs to be fixed).
    No that's not what I'm talking about. He was in the arena but the boss wouldn't attack him because I was always attacking him and in his range. Thus his aggro was constantly fixed on me. Granted NLK has a very large room so it's probably easier to do this, but several bosses have rooms that are also quite large.

Basically bosses prioritize enemies that are attacking them.

So umm this happen yesterday....enjoy.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

It happens, better than dying to a boss at 1% You need to practice kicking I remember farming those the other day and just as I killed one with a riposte another one reached the top of the stairs and turned around like "NOPE!", looked funny
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

How come your katana bounces?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Being invaded by farron/aldrich almost always results in facing 2 of them and for some reason blues won't help you against them, bug maybe?
    Covenant invasion areas has 2 spots for covenant, 1 spot dark spirit and 2 slot summon as default as far as I know. I think blues only get summoned on dark spirit invasions, not covenants. I may be completely wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Covenant invasion areas has 2 spots for covenant, 1 spot dark spirit and 2 slot summon as default as far as I know. I think blues only get summoned on dark spirit invasions, not covenants. I may be completely wrong on that.
    Darkmoon faction gets double ears for killing aldrich faithfuls, you can definitely get summoned against the invasion covenants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    Darkmoon faction gets double ears for killing aldrich faithfuls, you can definitely get summoned against the invasion covenants.
    Ah, never came across one sadly =\

How come your katana bounces?
    Because he was defending and I hit his shield. It was a NPC just incase u didn't know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    It happens, better than dying to a boss at 1% You need to practice kicking I remember farming those the other day and just as I killed one with a riposte another one reached the top of the stairs and turned around like "NOPE!", looked funny
    Ya my ass can't kick or parry worth shit even more so in DS3.

In DS1 I was decent but in DS2 and 3 I just can't seem to do it.

Because he was defending and I hit his shield. It was a NPC just incase u didn't know
    Yeah when I slash into mobs guarding it just dinks and does very little damage, but I don't bounce.

Yeah when I slash into mobs guarding it just dinks and does very little damage, but I don't bounce.
    Mite be because I'm using the Washing Pole and its massive so it looks like it bounces.

No clue if it isn't that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on weapon and the shield you're going up against. Heavier weapons aren't as susceptible to being bounced as opposed to lighter weapons, and same as pairing it up with a heavier shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Depends on weapon and the shield you're going up against. Heavier weapons aren't as susceptible to being bounced as opposed to lighter weapons, and same as pairing it up with a heavier shield.
    I just use uchi and I don't recall ever bouncing off any shield. The knights in the cathedral of the deep definitely had shields that were at least as big as that dude and iirc my char just slashed straight down on it no different than any other and if I slash 3 times it breaks his guard.

Is it cause I'm always 2hing it maybe? Basically never used it 1h except the very few times I've taken out the torch.

I just use uchi and I don't recall ever bouncing off any shield. The knights in the cathedral of the deep definitely had shields that were at least as big as that dude and iirc my char just slashed straight down on it no different than any other and if I slash 3 times it breaks his guard.

Is it cause I'm always 2hing it maybe? Basically never used it 1h except the very few times I've taken out the torch.
    Well the size of the Washing Pole is at lease 2x the size of the Uchikatana so that may be why.

Think of the Washing Pole as Sephiroths sword..

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, that also changes it a bit, 2 handing that is.

The guys in the video have, from what I can tell, the highest stability/poise in the game among the various knight type enemies. It's also the spear and shield version, which is the most defensive of the types there.

I'll have to double check what happens with two-handed, but my +10 Uchi definitely bounces off their shield when attacking one handed as well if they are in guard stance like that. Just the nature of that particular enemy.