10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I wish Nostalrius good luck at Blizz HQ.
    Though I have no personal interest in vanilla servers (TBC on the other hand...) I do understand why people want them, hell I'd even be willing to give a live vanilla server a try, though I doubt I'll stay long.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Still think the Nostralius team being invited to Blizzard HQ is just gonna end in an FBI raid at the airport or something... would not surprise me.
    I fully expect arrests to be made. There has to be penalties or everyone would steal IPs.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post
    Sometimes was abit too wide-spread, my bad, i meant bad design choices (celestalon lol), (imo) overused bar-filling dailys, copy-paste 6.2 garrison table 2.0 (same with legion), Blizzcon tournament rules (could be the CM team), reusing the same mounts over and over (boars, wolfs), shopmounts being the firsts with a new skeleton (decrease in quality of obtainable mounts for the normal subs) and a few more.

But thats just a minor point and abit of cherrypicking by my side, the decrease in actual gameplay content in comparison to other expansion is definetly weighting more in but were getting off-topic here.
    It's inherently more time consuming to design a world with more elements.
    Remember how many things like objects/easter eggs there were in any vanilla zone. Let's say hillsbrad. Now, hillsbrad was pretty nice back in the day. Compare it to any draenor zone, let's say talador.

You get a zone that's probably 4-5 times bigger, more dense with mobs, 3 dimensional, tons of objects to interact with, interactive events, phasing. The game is more elaborate now, so ofc things take longer to produce and will seem like less content from a consumption PoV. Dismissing the quality of the zones in your argument is downright silly.

Maybe if they went back to the atari graphics of vanilla, you'd be happy with 5 new continents of quests/dungeons that you'd do once and never again? yeah.

Also, where's the decline in mount quality for subs? There are beautiful mounts out of the store, but unfortunately most people won't see them because lol lfr. For example, as much as I hate the lack of saddle on the blackhand mount, the fire and shit coming from the horns/vents is top tier. Same with the allance Elekk. Only real argument is that they put more ostentatious mounts in the stores, but, let's be real, most of the store mounts are tacky and stick out like a sore thumb, thematically.
    Last edited by kary; 2016-04-30 at 04:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Your hate towards everything and everyone that made WoW great once is quickly becoming annoying.
    Nostalgia is bad if people demand the game has to become what it was. Nostalgia is good, if you remember the old times without wet removal of everything fantasies.

I remember when i played WoW the first time, and i know, it will never return no matter how many pristine realms blizzard is going to create based on a "popular" decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I fully expect arrests to be made. There has to be penalties or everyone would steal IPs.
    Not sure if sarcasm or not?
    Do you know how the real world of DMCA take down requests work?
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    It happened to that german kid that stole the source code for half life 2 in 2004. Gabe Newell said he was going to invite him to Valve HQ to offer him a job but it was a ruse to have the FBI arrest him at the airport but German police caught wind of it and stormed the guy's apartment. This isn't "Catch me if you can."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    I agree with that.

But a 12 year old could also raid molten core as a paladin because the only thing for him to do to be a viable hardcore raider in Vanilla was to be on time, buff people and spam the shit of one button aka flash of light.

And im not telling theory here, i know several people who were 12 at the time
    True, but we're talking about leveling. Further, Molten Core was notoriously easy as it was the first 40 man raid. It's just as easy for an equivalent 12 year old paladin that hardly had to do shit to jump into a Normal Highmaul and be successful as well. That points kind of moot.

No. YOU were sitting there doing nothing. I was alt tabbed reading about quests, my class, WoW news, or was replying to whispers/guild chat/world chat while I waited. Again, I couldn't care less about your opinions. The actual paths were poorly implemented, yes, but it wasn't the end of the world when you had to wait a little bit to fly across an entire continent. Nor is it hard to see how that act in and of itself can add immersion.
    There's not much a point in discussing the rest of your post since its just nostalgia nonsense, but this is an absolute joke.

You're legitimately defending a system that took 15 minutes of doing nothing IN THE GAME.

Sure, I probably was doing the same. That means jack shit. Who gives a damn if I was on Thottbot looking shit up. That has nothing to do with the actual game. You act like you have to do paperwork while you're flying. No. You're finding something to fill the dead space where nothing is happening.

Why you're pretending NOTHING is happening just says to me you aren't interested in looking at Vanilla objectively.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-04-30 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    True, but we're talking about leveling. Further, Molten Core was notoriously easy as it was the first 40 man raid. It's just as easy for an equivalent 12 year old paladin that hardly had to do shit to jump into a Normal Highmaul and be successful as well. That points kind of moot.
    a 2006 12 year old would likely die from the first bomb on imperator.
    a 2016 12 year old would likely level 1-60 without dying.

Well it can't be the current WoW community doing this because they are not toxic or spiteful, only the ungrateful pirates from Nostalrius have the capacity to be the bad guys.

Kern should be paying you for how much you're white knighting him dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a reminder to my fellow people who are pro-legacy or even neutral, do not give in to negativity:

At this point, we're at 1141 pages and we show no signs of stopping. To this end and with the recent comment from Blizzard, I have a plea to make to all people who are pro-legacy, pro-pristine or neutral to ignore the negativity some people are spewing in this thread.

I know most of you are intelligent people who are interested in the well being of the game. I know it's hard not to answer to the negativity - even more so when facts are overwhelming. These people suffer from cognitive bias - basically, ask yourself if either of you will change opinion. If the answer is no, then it's not worth answering. And then, there are people who are more sadistic who really enjoy putting others down.

Because of all of this, I ask in the most humble of ways that all of my fellow gamer and friends in this thread abstain from answering the particularly vocal and toxic minority who just seek to derail this thread.

We have been heard by Blizzard and they seek our help to iterate on a system - Pristine servers - but also our opinion about legacy itself and how it should be. We should not waste this opportunity in this cloud of negativity because some people would rather see you angry than iterating.

So if we are to win, we must ignore them and keep on speaking, rationally and thoughtfully, so in the end we can show Blizzard, but also this community here, that we are not interested in toxicity.

To better allow us to discuss with specific members, I recommend you to add a little token in your signature with the "Pro-Legacy", "Pro-Pristine" or both. With this in mind, it will be easier for us to filter down people who are not interested for discussion.

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hear your ideas and iterations about legacy and pristine servers.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Nostalgia is bad if people demand the game has to become what it was.
    It doesn't need to become what it was. That is a fallacy.
    Just like other video games... we are asking for the old and new versions to both be accessible.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Well it can't be the current WoW community doing this because they are not toxic or spiteful, only the ungrateful pirates from Nostalrius have the capacity to be the bad guys.
    Or people are sick of the Nostalrius people throwing temper tantrums and making the entire community look toxic as fuck.

Feel free to go after people lying about Kern, but you damn well better be going after Kungen and Sodapoppin for repeatedly urging his followers to brigade uninvolved WoW stream to spew their bullshit.

Toweliee has had to put his streams on sub mode more than the entirety that his channel has existed since this shit began because the legacy folk are just doing nothing but screaming at him in his chat. And he's certainly not the only victim in that regard.

Also the Raids, even naxx btw. were designed that way that several people (there is a naxx clear with 12 people dying at the safety dancei belive) would die on progression and you could kill the boss. I want to see that in HFC Mhytic lol.
    That's probably because you could drag 15 near useless people along with you in your 40 man raid and still down bosses with just the 25 people actually playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Still think the Nostralius team being invited to Blizzard HQ is just gonna end in an FBI raid at the airport or something... would not surprise me.
    Honestly, I think if this happened Blizzard would only be hurting themselves. This is ignoring the fact that people like anonymous would probably get involved and other people who don't even give 2 craps about Blizzard getting involved. You would probably have political people from both the US and Europe getting involved. Numbers for all their games would most likely drop, etc...

I'm just assuming you are being sarcastic, but this would be a huge mess for Blizzard that would amount to legal fees and the likes that they might as well of just done the server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Kern should be paying you for how much you're white knighting him dude.
    It's true, I've dealt with people like you and exactly you for roughly 2 weeks now not providing any support to your claims and ad hominem. I had a guy literally tell me to just shutup yesterday asking him to provide sources to his analytic data that he supposedly gave to Blizzard. /yawn.

Your ad hominems have only been fueld more by the fact that Mark now actually has a meeting with Mike. "But but but but Blizzard will never give him the time of day". K

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Nostalgia is bad if people demand the game has to become what it was. Nostalgia is good, if you remember the old times without wet removal of everything fantasies.

I remember when i played WoW the first time, and i know, it will never return no matter how many pristine realms blizzard is going to create based on a "popular" decision.
    Except no one is demanding that, we're demanding that we have separate servers to play on so you can still play the current live version on your server.

There's not much a point in discussing the rest of your post since its just nostalgia nonsense
    No, it isn't. So you have no counterargument then? Glad we've settled this debate.

You're legitimately defending a system that took 15 minutes of doing nothing IN THE GAME.

Sure, I probably was doing the same. That means jack shit. Who gives a damn if I was on Thottbot looking shit up. That has nothing to do with the actual game.
    No, I'm not. Seeing as you're calling me nostalgic while I'm acknowledging the negatives of Vanilla WoW I'm going to assume you have a reading disability so I'll highlight the part you clearly skipped over.

I literally said "The actual paths were poorly implemented, yes, but it wasn't the end of the world when you had to wait a little bit to fly across an entire continent."

In case you're confused, that doesn't mean "FUCK YEAH THOSE OLD FLIGHTPATHS WERE THE SHIT, FUCK YOU KRAZY!" It means "Yea, they're flawed, but it isn't as big of a deal as you're making it out to be."

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    I haven't met any good people on those servers yet.
    Don't mean to be rude but... maybe it's just you. I played on Nostalrius for less than a week and was in a guild on the first day with just barely over a dozen people with a guild chat that was more active than any guild chat I've been in since Wrath. Everyone was helping each other and joking around and just having a good time rather than ignoring everything but the next LFR or raid so they could upgrade their ring or try for that next BiS so they could keep climbing the gear treadmill only to continue sitting in their garrison ignoring all other players in the game.

Shortly after creating my first character I was grouping up with people and chatting and making friends just like I had 10 years ago. My friends list had dozens of people in it by the end of the third day. So I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about when you say the community was bad. I could count the number of new friends I've made in the last few expansions on two hands, literally. That's not for lack of effort either, I try to help people as often as I can. Helping new players in trade or just random people that are having trouble doing something in game. Running people through dungeons for no personal gain and yet... people still don't want to socialize. When they're done reaching the status quo of their allotted game time they log out until the next day of mindless treadmilling.

I'm not even saying that vanilla or past expansions were better (exluding Wrath). I am however saying that the community was FAR better and the MMO aspect of the game was much more prevalent.

exactly. Now i am ALL ABOUT to talking about raid designs, i think for the majority of the people raids are to difficult in the current game.

However im will not discuss about how hard the content was in vanilla when it was not, like you said. It simply wasnt
    Yes, content is too hard when it requires the people in the instance to actively participate :kappa: