Low FPS with 980 TI & I5 4690K 4GHZ

afagvxzbx\zsgahahgag
    Last edited by MightyWarrior; 2016-05-01 at 01:26 PM. Reason: afafa

10+ Year Old Account
    full screen or window?
    Hi

Windowed mode ^^

- - - Updated - - -

I'm seeing people able to run it at 4K with over 60 fps! x)

Deleted
    Same here, it's not surprising.

Running Fallout 4 on all ultra, and I'm getting FPS dips to 50 fps in WoW in the garrison and Stormshield while the WoW engine has really low requirements. The WoW engine is just some fucked up shit.

Shouldn't happen. I had 660Ti and played game, based on Cryengine on Ultra settings with FPS, capped at V-Sync frequency - 75FPS. Game supports parallax occlusion mapping and other modern stuff, Wow doesn't support.

Something is wrong. Have you deleted 970 drivers and installed 980 ones? I've always been playing Wow on Ultra settings - always with FPS, capped at V-Sync frequency.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-04-30 at 05:02 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    This may be s stupid question, but how are your addons?

Back in Dragon soul, on spine, i was having massive issues with fps. It was dropping below 10 all the time. I was thinking that was just stupid encounter design. Then i accidently turned all addons off, and when i got back in game, guild mates pulle boss, and i suddenly got 60 fps, which never dropped. Soo yes, addons can couse alot of issues, soo you might want to look into it, even tho i think that problem is elsewhere.

PS: Spine is still stupid encouter.

Quote Originally Posted by Veresa View Post
    This may be s stupid question, but how are your addons?

Back in Dragon soul, on spine, i was having massive issues with fps. It was dropping below 10 all the time. I was thinking that was just stupid encounter design. Then i accidently turned all addons off, and when i got back in game, guild mates pulle boss, and i suddenly got 60 fps, which never dropped. Soo yes, addons can couse alot of issues, soo you might want to look into it, even tho i think that problem is elsewhere.

PS: Spine is still stupid encouter.
    Yeah. Check addons - is first thing, you should do. Some obsolete addons cause lags and FPS drops. I was using ShockAndAwe in the past. In WOD I started to experience some lags. Deleted this addon - lags disappeared.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

WoW is made to run good on a lot of different hardware but not that much better on newer more powerful hardware. But in saying what i just said something doesn't seem right, uninstall drivers and reinstall them and make sure addons are up to date or try and disable them to see how you go. When i play with no addons i get around 15-25more fps but it doesn't worry me since i still get over 100fps anyway.( My PC specs are in my sig)

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelGrazza View Post
    I'm seeing people able to run it at 4K with over 60 fps! x)
    No ur not unless there settings is stupid low and they are standing inside of a dungeon looking at the floor with nothing else in there.

Ontopic: Check ur addons, if they are out of date they can hurt ur performance alot.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Some people even say "I hate when others show, that they have much more FPS on much crappier hardware" in this case. Yeah, it's sad, when some players cry on technical support forums, that game, they are playing, is optimized too poorly, so they have low FPS and lags on their top hardware, and then you come and say, that you have 100FPS on your 3 years old budget hardware. Yeah, my 660Ti encountered chip failure (in most cases it happens due to removal of stock heat dessipator, that also serves structural strength purpose, but 70 degrees max at maximum load worth it) at the end, but it was working perfectly.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-04-30 at 05:49 PM.

My specs:
    i5-4670k (3.4GHz, base clock)
    GTX 980 Ti
    16GB DDR3 1800MHz RAM
    1080p

Garrison FPS on full ultra (including SSAA 4x + CMAA / Render scale @ 200%) can vary anywhere between like 40 and 65 FPS depending on where you look. WoW's engine is just awful. I mean, I literally get more consistent FPS in Ashran than I do in the Garrison (Raid/BG options are also set to full ultra FYI). I walk out of the Garrison at it goes up to like 90 FPS at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    My specs:
    i5-4670k (3.4GHz, base clock)
    GTX 980 Ti
    16GB DDR3 1800MHz RAM
    1080p

Garrison FPS on full ultra (including SSAA 4x + CMAA / Render scale @ 200%) can vary anywhere between like 40 and 65 FPS depending on where you look. WoW's engine is just awful. I mean, I literally get more consistent FPS in Ashran than I do in the Garrison (Raid/BG options are also set to full ultra FYI). I walk out of the Garrison at it goes up to like 90 FPS at least.
    Man, I don't want to disappoint you, but...

Deleted
    It is beoucse WoW is CPU heavy my GPU barely get over 40% usege and i am sitting at 40 fps in raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha ha, 4K in Garrison at 60FPS stable on ultra? Good luck with that, chap. 980Ti is good, but not THAT good.

But that is exclusively only in Garrison, everywhere else you should have 100FPS or so.

One thing I found on the Nvidia GPUs, at least with the 5x0 and 6x0 series is that if I left the power management feature to adaptive it would cause these massive slow downs, even when the game first starts. So I normally make sure it's always set to Best Performance.

I can confirm that running a 970 on a 4790K@ 4Ghz @1080P, I get 75-110 FPS flying around Tanaan at 100% render scale. But I drop to 48-60fps when setting to 200% render scale
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-04-30 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Man, I don't want to disappoint you, but...
    Nothing to be disappointed about, WoW is CPU heavy, my GPU barely gets used with it - but I can guarantee my FPS will be a shit-ton higher in any new decently optimised game. Also you're lacking the SSAA x4 option enabled... that's about the only thing I could read.

WoW fps jumps all over the place.

980ti here.

Ultra setting... nice res... nice fps...

I turn around and:

I get framerate jumps from 40 fps (certain spots in my own garrison) and up to 140 fps (outdoors).

Games like GTA5, Just Cause 3 or Metal Gear Solid 5 stay at pretty high fps pretty much always. It's the old WoW engine. It seems to have bad culling and lod.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-04-30 at 07:27 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I'm playing at 1920x1080 though, just tried Witcher 3 and I'm getting 80 FPS with Nivida Hairworks on and 100 without it with ultra settings. I don't know what the problem is! (Will upgrading to a i7 4790k make a difference?)

Get Msi afterburner and look at the different things it tracks and see what's getting bottlenecked.

Everyone in the thread has ignored the most important part of the OPs post. He said in his garrison. Everyone gets FPS drops there. It is because of the way garrisons are phased. When you are in your garrison, everyone else that is in their garrison is there too even though you do not see them. It is worse than being in a congested major city, as far as your PC is concerned.