Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Because she is the last true monarch in the world, she isn't a celebrity like all the other, she is from a more civilized era.
    *Elgar plays softly in the background while sea scouts stand and salute on the white cliffs of Dover*

God bless you, Ma'am. Long may you reign.
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

She might be shy.

I guess it comes with age.. Also being the figure head of an entire nation is somewhat of a burden I'd imagine

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason we even have a monarchy here any more is to rake in the money. I don't really give two shits about the queen in all truth.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pound View Post
    Does she think she's better than the other kings and queens of Europe?
    Yes, and she has even made a comment that pretty much confirms this.

At her age I'd just be happy to get out of bed in the morning.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    At her age I'd just be happy to get out of bed in the morning.
    Her mom was >100 years old at her passing and look at Prince Philip, who turns 95 im june: old but merry.

Deleted
    LFM UK. Queen Elisabeth is reserved.

Deleted
    No, she just doesn't have time nor the inclination to build up her personal celebrity. She's a busy woman. Besides which, our queen is supposed to be seen but not heard... which means she doesn't give lots of public interviews and stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-04-30 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Because she is the last true monarch in the world, she isn't a celebrity like all the other, she is from a more civilized era.
    How can a queen whose family hasn't held real power for 300 years be considered the last "true" monarch? The King of Saudi Arabia is probably closer to what you're looking for, sure he may be a cruel and sadistic tyrant but he fulfills all the traditional kingly roles of protecting and providing for his people far better than any European monarch has done for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    How can a queen whose family hasn't held real power for 300 years be considered the last "true" monarch? The King of Saudi Arabia is probably closer to what you're looking for, sure he may be a cruel and sadistic tyrant but he fulfills all the traditional kingly roles of protecting and providing for his people far better than any European monarch has done for quite some time.
    In term of power probably yes but from an European pow Queen Elizabeth is the example of how a noble, a lady, and even more a king/queen should be and behave, unfortunately she is the last of her kind.

She is the last representation of an UK that is no longer here and can only be found on some novels or old video like this one:

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

She's got a good gig and she doesn't want to blow it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Compared to the other kings and queens of Europe, she is very reserved and doesn't speak and appear much in public. other kings and queens speak a lot on TV and appear 'normal'. They make documentaries and appear on the news. They look like normal people and speak like normal people. Queen Elizabeth doesn't. She doesn't show her true character. She doesn't even smile!

kings and queens of Europe=lazy pepole who do nothing and get money

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Asking why a British person is reserved......

That's like asking why they drink tea, it's just what we do.
    Isn't she more German than British? But then again, Germans aren't known for their smiliness either.

Compared to the other kings and queens of Europe, she is very reserved and doesn't speak and appear much in public. other kings and queens speak a lot on TV and appear 'normal'. They make documentaries and appear on the news. They look like normal people and speak like normal people. Queen Elizabeth doesn't. She doesn't show her true character. She doesn't even smile!

She is of an age and generation where people don't have to shove in your face how important they are.

Proposal: OP are you under 20? Do you spam facebook and tumblr and snapchat?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Isn't she more German than British? But then again, Germans aren't known for their smiliness either.
    Not really.

Unless we're counting family trees back to the 17th century to determine nationality.

In which case a great many people around the world will be changing their nationality, especially in former European colonies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    I think most European royals ended up being primarily German by descent, since Germany was always fractured into micro-states and as a side effect had a large number of sovereign rulers whose daughters made for suitable equal-rank brides for any king or emperor.

As an aside, the endless dynastic scheming and posturing was probably the real reason kings and queens lost their power, not because democracy was inevitable or anything like that. Just look at Elizabeth herself, if she actually held power she'd probably be a dull but steady hand, but the minute she kicks the bucket Britain would be completely screwed. Think of all the drama that came about just from the process of arranging marriages and producing heirs for a meaningless throne, and just imagine how much worse it would have all been if those inbred nitwits had been actually counted to run a modern country.

10+ Year Old Account
    she's an old bird and deserves SOME reverence for being alive this long, even though its highly probably that she had princess di assassinated.
    Hi

I fricking love this thread.
    She literally generates cash and fame for Britain, but some people here tries to make her nazi and a burden.
    Oh internet, why are you so full of idiots?