Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Ok so WAIT is BAD.

So because WAIT is BAD why not remove The World of world of warcraft, make a queue in the login screen for raid whichs beams you their, you have no progression at all and you can do the raid for 9 difficulties. No WAIT no WASTED TIME. And better rewards much more quicker

To quote you: fuck it. I'm done with you. Holy fucking christ.
    LOL. Yes, clearly saying "Making you wait to do the actual content is stupid" is me wanting the rewards to be given to me.

Waiting to get to the next content is not content itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    But, any discussion of this is impossible, because the pro-legacy kiddies are too intolerant, belligerent and rude to have a conversation, all they can do is bellow at you if you disagreeexpecting it is a fool's errand.
    What a sad conclusion you have concocted on a matter where people are requesting you to provide sources.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Uhhh yes it is.

Taking months to get to a raid is way worse than doing a boss on multiple difficulties. Not only does the skill cap jump way higher as you go, but you also get better rewards.

Meanwhile you have people grinding to get nature resistance so that it's even possible to survive the Huhu fight. They haven't proven their skill. They aren't getting actual upgrade gear. They're doing nothing but WAITING (once again) to get to the actual boss.
    Unfortunately, we will have to agree to disagree there. I'd much prefer to spend time preparing to raid than raiding the same thing four times. I'm not saying resist gear farming was great, but I actually enjoyed the attunement quests in TBC for example. That's better than steamrolling lfr any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paluman View Post
    Why is the anti-legacy crowd so agressive towards pro-legacy? I really don't understand. You would lose nothing if legacy servers get introduced. I just don't get it. I'm quite neutral in this. I can see that people want these kind of servers. What I CANNOT get behind is why you would, deny other people something they like when it doesn't hurt your own game/playstyle in anyway.
    Welcome to the club. I share your opinion.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I thought so.

Answer: no you can't.

Noted.
    Answer to what exactly? I gave you the definition of belief and you are still doing personal attacks

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Unfortunately, we will have to agree to disagree there. I'd much prefer to spend time preparing to raid than raiding the same thing four times. I'm not saying resist gear farming was great, but I actually enjoyed the attunement quests in TBC for example. That's better than steamrolling lfr any day.
    Pretending that LFR fight is the actual fight is ridiculous even on its face.

Fight Mar'gok on LFR and then fight him on Normal. Its night and day different. That fight is fucking brutal even on Normal.

Obviously, just my opinion, but I think that's one reason why people like vanilla/tbc.
    I believe this is a minority opinion simply because WotLK was WoW most successful expansion and came off the heels of Blizzard removing the arbitrary gating mechanisms behind raiding in Vanilla/TBC. I don't think 4 raid difficulties is the best direction, either, but I certainly didn't like having to clear an entire tier's worth of raid content just to unlock a single character for relevant content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Even more interesting is how official forum is filled with great feedback. But then again - ironically - people have to pay to give feedback there. While mmo-champ is free, and filled with anti-legacy toxicity.
    So much for stereotypes.

Good arguments > ad hominem to declare all those who oppose legacy servers "toxic"

Just saw the news about Nostalrius going to Blizzard. Keep up the good work boys, we still got a mountain to climb but we may be able to get back to Azeroth after all!

Yet, you support illegal servers. Therefore, you are part of that crowd. I don't play on retail, you your kind lumps me in with the "Legion/Blizzard asskisser" crowd.

What's good for the goose...
    I support illegal servers? Quote please.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I believe this is a minority opinion simply because WotLK was WoW most successful expansion and came off the heels of Blizzard removing the arbitrary gating mechanisms behind raiding in Vanilla/TBC. I don't think 4 raid difficulties is the best direction, either, but I certainly didn't like having to clear an entire tier's worth of raid content just to unlock a single character for relevant content.
    Shhhhh quiet. You're not allowed to point out that the time when the game was the most popular was the expansion when they removed all the stupid bullshit waiting nonsense and let more people see the actual end-game content.

I like how you guys are all arguing like people just danced their way into current raids on normal difficulty and beat it without challenge.

Sure, maybe Method and literally the best players in the game did. But they're the outlier.

Killing Lei Shen on Normal was an achievement. Killing Mar'gok on Normal was an achievement. Killing Blackhand on Normal was an achievement.
    This is a matter of perspective I guess, but yes we danced into highmaul and brf normal and steamrolled them. Lots of guilds do this. But no one waltzed into bwl or mc or Kara and beat the fights first try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    It still has to be proven that the wish for classic servers is more than a hype while the audience that would stick to it probably is a small minority only.
    In other words, you cannot prove a hypothetical future event until it occurs (if it does?)

With this kind of silliness, you might as well claim the theory of gravity is still to be proven.

It still has to be proven that the opposition to the wish for classic servers is more than an anti-hype while the audience that would stick to it probably is a sizeable minority (of what?).

It still is to be proven that the theory of gravity is no more than hype while the folks who claim it is true keep dropping apples from trees.

It is still to be proven that the wish for pre-cgi original star wars releases is more than a hype while the audience that would prefer them is probably a small minority only.

i can see potential here. Would you like to have this named after you in the debate protocols of Forum Logic? ( I need an affirmative answer to do this, the creator of the Tedium Rule proving that difficulty doesn't change when mobs do more damage is active on this thread but didn't say yes so I cannot credit him for that discovery)

I can see potential here. Rym's Unprovability Quandry? I would like to find a colorful name like Jack Vance used with spells in the dying earth short stories and novels.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-04-30 at 05:51 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

This is a matter of perspective I guess, but yes we danced into highmaul and brf normal and steamrolled them. Lots of guilds do this. But no one waltzed into bwl or mc or Kara and beat the fights first try.
    Nobody waltz into those because it took forever to get into them.

So much fun >.>

And sorry, but I don't believe you. I don't know any guild besides the very highest end that just steamroll new raids on Normal from the very beginning.

The clear problem there is that running the same raid on four difficulties is not conducive to fun for a lot of us. Killing bosses should feel like an achievement. But when you've done a boss on an easy difficulty, the next one up is less fun. I don't think I'm alone there. Yes, its more content, but it was more fun when there was only one difficulty. Obviously, just my opinion, but I think that's one reason why people like vanilla/tbc.
    Then don't play on easy difficulties?
    You're saying that you'd rather not see a boss at all, right?

There is no "anti-legacy" crowd. There's posters like you, who whine and snivel and play games all day trying to justify playing a game illegally, then there's the rest of us, who just want you to shut the fuck up already, and correct your more bizarre and blatant errors in judgement, logic, and facts.
    Quote where I I'm justifying playing a game illegally. Once again I provided links to other arguments on this same page. Will you provide anything yet? There's that fuck work again that supposedly people like me are the only ones to throw around.

i agree, current game would much more benefit from this.

One Raid Difficulty.

Also there should be much more less mechanics but therefore more harder hitting and needs more item and gear preapreation. This way people could at least work to that.

If you not acutally have the "skill" for mhytic in the current game there is no way you can overcome this skill ceeiling like in old times
    LOL the "skill ceiling" of Old Times.

The skill ceiling was wrangling 40 people to do a thing successfully. The only fights that even compare in complexity to now are the very final bosses in each raid. Ragnaros. Nefarian. C'Thun. And a couple Naxx bosses like Four Horsemen or Kel'thuzad.

And for every one of those bosses, there were two or three bosses like Broodlord Lashlayer or Ebonroc. Fights that had only a tank swap and, if you're lucky, one single other mechanic.

Pls stop talking out of your ass, everyone can access wowprogress.com. There uncountable guilds which cleared Normal mode in record amount of time becuase yeah if you not a mouth breather you can dance in normal mode
    Please stop with your wowprogress.com. They will discredit your proof and still provided none.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    the fact kern gets a meeting makes me suspect this is more damage-control and image-management than anything.

On the other hand, the fact the entire legacy server issue has reached the point where blzzard is doing this gives the lie to the common claim on this forum that it is just a very small minority that wants this.

It may very well also indicate that they saw a numeric impact on legion pre-order refunds and subscription cancellations post-nost-c&d.
    You have to understand, Blizzard shutting down Nostalrius pissed off an amazing number of people that left even us at Nostalrius surprised.

For instance, today we learned that Luke Lafreniere (@LinusTech), of Linus Tech Tips fame (a famous youtuber) and his Dad played Nostalrius.

Then, there is Jon Jafari (@JonTronShow), another famous Youtuber. His video about Blizzard shutting down Nostalrius got 2.5 MILLION views.

Then there is Chance Morris (@Sodapoppintv), another widely popular Youtuber, and literally dozens of other people from the Twitch and Streamer community.
    Literally, it was as if Blizzard kicked the hornets' nest.

All these people used Twitch and You Tube to make their displeasure with Blizzard known, and Blizzard suddenly got hit with an amazingly high wave of refund requests and subcription cancellations that mentioned "Nostalrius".

We were surpised at one point from Twitter posts by Blizzard retail subscribers (most of us no longer have an active Blizzard sub) that told us that they had hit Blizzard with refunds and cancellations that we had never asked.

#NostalriusBegins became a popular movement, largely due to Chance Morris, Jon Jafari, Kungen and the Twitch community, and then it bit Blizzard up the arse.

AFAIC that's carmic justice; what goes around, comes around.

I would like to thank once again Mr. Mike Morhaime and Blizzard Entertainment for being so nice to us.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Pretending that LFR fight is the actual fight is ridiculous even on its face.

Fight Mar'gok on LFR and then fight him on Normal. Its night and day different. That fight is fucking brutal even on Normal.
    Neither of us is pretending that about LFR. No one is saying normal isn't harder than lfr. I'm saying progressing through the same raid multiple times is less fun than one difficulty. I feel like I must not be making myself clear because the responses in getting are out in left field.