Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Nostalrius Twitter announced an announcement coming this weekend, related to a meeting with Blizzard.

Red Wedding

More stuff for mages? How about giving other classes some love. Thanks, Blizz.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kethro View Post
    More stuff for mages? How about giving other classes some love. Thanks, Blizz.
    other classes arent as awesome as mages are.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Loxops View Post
    I'm so getting those rainbow glyphs, and I hope other classes get something like that.
    The other classes get the Fish Sticks glyph.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    The Nostalrius Twitter announced an announcement coming this weekend, related to a meeting with Blizzard.

Red Wedding
    I knew I should have picked up some popcorn yesterday - all the little illegal server kiddies think Morhaime is going to come out of the Blizzard front door like Willy Wonka and announce "Vanilla servers for everyone!", when it's most likely just going to be a bunch of devs and illegal server dudes going "It's hard to keep a server running." "yeah." "Thanks for not suing us, dudes". "No problem. Did you see the orc out front? It's badass, right?"

can't see the polls.

Deleted

Red Wedding
    Absolutley THIS !

I am so not logging in my b-net account here.

Red Wedding
    Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Totterbart View Post
    Absolutley THIS !
    After the tables are flipped and most of the Nos devs are laying bloody, Syrah jumps up and grabs one of the Blizzard interns. "MORHAIME. MORAHAIME, ENOUGH. LET IT END. PLEASE. LET US GO AND I SWEAR WE WILL FORGET THIS, WE WON'T BUILD ANOTHER SERVER!

Morhaime: You already swore me one oath, right here in the TOS. You swore that you would ABIDE BY ALL THE OLD RULES AND THE NEW.

Syrah: On my honor as a developer. On my honor to Nostalrius. Let us go, or I'll kill your intern!

Morhaime: .....I'll find another

Metzen: WoW subscribers send their regards /stabs

Syrah - Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Uh, love the contest prize, but HELL no on logging into bnet ANYWHERE but bnet. I'm surprised that this is even legal.

(I'm not checking the thread to see if anyone else has said it. If 2,000,000 people have already said it, it STILL hasn't been said enough.)

Deleted
    ...Jesus...these comments about login...
    Blizzard has an API (using Oauth login), which allows websites to login to Battle.Net.
    It uses Blizzard's authentication servers.

Proof: https://dev.battle.net/docs/read/oauth

Don't give a fuck about this rainbow crap. I want to know more about those movie related weapon models.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    this is serious.
    its a mage minor glyph
    There is absolutely no way this is serious. I'm not buying it. There is a joke somewhere in there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    There is absolutely no way this is serious. I'm not buying it. There is a joke somewhere in there.
    and you will do what if its serious?
    bitch and whine about a mage minor glyph?
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-04-30 at 06:13 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixy View Post
    ...Jesus...these comments about login...
    Blizzard has an API (using Oauth login), which allows websites to login to Battle.Net.
    It uses Blizzard's authentication servers.

Proof: https://dev.battle.net/docs/read/oauth
    I know that but I'm still not doing it lol. It just feels shady, I mean why does MMO Champ need all my characters and info? It's just a game and who really cares but I got 9+ years of my online life in my characters so I err on the side of (sometimes ignorant) extremes when it comes to my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Could someone please explain why exactly would getting access to peoples' battletags and lists of characters be essential for polls and giveaways?
    It isn't for this, but it allows us to collect some data for testing and in the future will allow us to run polls that ask about raid progression and such with more accuracy than just letting anyone vote whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathMaster View Post
    PollDaddy, right? Currently even in safe mode (with no addons loaded) the latest Firefox beta is not loading the poll.
    If you check your javascript console (Ctrl + Shift + i), do you see something along the lines of:

"The resource at "http://static.polldaddy.com/p/9403287.js" was blocked because tracking protection is enabled"

Quote Originally Posted by Exoblade View Post
    Can anyone explain why we need to login to battle.net for the contest? If this was any other site id 100% think its a scam , i won't enter just because its mmo-champ either but im just wondering why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingshui View Post
    Uh, love the contest prize, but HELL no on logging into bnet ANYWHERE but bnet. I'm surprised that this is even legal.

(I'm not checking the thread to see if anyone else has said it. If 2,000,000 people have already said it, it STILL hasn't been said enough.)
    It allows us to contact winners without requiring an account on mmo-champion, as well as gives us some data for testing. You can read more about logging in to third party sites via Battle.Net here. Be sure that you only enter your Battle.Net username and password when actually on the battle.net site by checking your address bar. We don't actually receive your username or password.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Could I recommend adding a conditional to it (if you can), to hide it or change it once you're logged in. It really confused me at first.
    Yeah, we definitely will in the future. Today was just about making sure the login process is working right on our end.
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-04-30 at 07:02 PM.

Am i the only one who was singing "nyan nyan nyan" while watching that about mages.. I'm sure if i get it i'll be doing that each time i use it..

So I logged in for the poll....2 minutes later I receive an email from Blizz saying that my password has been reset. Run home (was out at breakfast with my gf) and cannot log in to BNet, says my information is incorrect. Had to reset my password a second time...so far doesn't look like anything is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebane View Post
    So I logged in for the poll....2 minutes later I receive an email from Blizz saying that my password has been reset. Run home (was out at breakfast with my gf) and cannot log in to BNet, says my information is incorrect. Had to reset my password a second time...so far doesn't look like anything is missing.
    This is completely unrelated to logging in here. We take you to a page with information that sends you to the Battle.Net site, you log in on Battle.Net, and they redirect you back to us with a token that lets us request your BattleTag and list of characters. Your login information is never sent to us.

The only way it could be related is if you had an existing keylogger on your system and it captured you signing in to Battle.Net.
    Last edited by chaud; 2016-04-30 at 08:15 PM.