10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    The biggest kicker is you can't skip steps unless a guild was willing to carry. The game didn't really let you just skip raid tiers like its done for a while. Started in wrath and its gotten worse since. Not sure why blizz sets themselves up like this.
    My guess would be because of the heavy poaching guilds did in TBC. So some guilds couldn't progress. Not because they were bad, but because they lacked members, because once equipped they were snatched by better guilds. This of course didn't happen to everyone, but I would guess that was one of the main reasons (aside from the fact, that less and less people would see the later content).

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I think you overestime the wish of many players to be the best and to play a MMORPG for competition. Thats actually only the truth for a small minority.

Well, if i remember right, classic PVP was highly imbalanced, and just a matter of time investment. A friend of mine became GM just by sitting in a tower in Alterac 13 hours a day.

And Shadowpriests as like enhancement shamans were op in the pvp implementation of the old days. Then lets talk about bugs like wall jumping. And the fact that reputation grinds really were grinds.. just remember killing all those furbolgs for the agi enchants.

Competition rounds for classic PVP which mainly was based on achieving title and gear by time investement? That would be at least.. interesting. "Please stay tuned for the next 13 hours until Grummels the paladin become grand marshal! Watch him defending the tower in alterac against all that evil low equipped rogues!"
    Not off personal experience. I've seen # of guilds increase in Everquest for example over the years as new progression servers launch to try and just be the best on the realm.

Imbalance in PvP doesn't mean it didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Good to know you can only tell people to shut the fuck up as your evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. You told me my proof isn't proof. So I told you all these things must not exist. So does it exist or not?
    Wait, you want an answer to that? Sorry, I'm still pretending to be you. *ahem*. You obviously have no proof as minority and majority doesn't matter in these issues. Whether something exists or not it doesn't show any proof to your assumptions because clearly a vocal minority isn't a minority in any issue that contradicts my opinions.

I'm done with you, like the previous guy said, you're not worth the temporary ban and obviously no one can have an intellectual conversation with you. Good day and good luck it's everything you do later.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Participation dont equal to sucess. They are A LOT of mhytic raiders, better then you btw. on youtube which several time said they do lfr to gear their alts, collecting tomes, stachles valor and so on. And i bet there a lot of people who are not youtubers which do that but i take youtubers for evidence purpouses. Humans go always the path of least ressistance, its a matter of fact
    You know that doesn't change my point, right?

Deleted
    Not off personal experience. I've seen # of guilds increase in Everquest for example over the years as new progression servers launch to try and just be the best on the realm.
    Dont forget that everquest adressed a completely different playerbase than WoW does. WoW is a broad audience MMORPG.

Imbalance in PvP doesn't mean it didn't exist.
    It existed in classic, but i still wonder people are not more critical about it.. in special if you are a competetive pvp player. Those days competition was the same as time investment in pvp. It was not about skill but just the ability to play as much PVP as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Wait, you want an answer to that? Sorry, I'm still pretending to be you. *ahem*. You obviously have no proof as minority and majority doesn't matter in these issues. Whether something exists or not it doesn't show any proof to your assumptions because clearly a vocal minority isn't a minority in any issue that contradicts my opinions.

I'm done with you, like the previous guy said, you're not worth the temporary ban and obviously no one can have an intellectual conversation with you. Good day and good luck it's everything you do later.
    So is that a yes or no. My questions is literally a yes or no question.

The real endgame in vanilla/Tbc was guild managment lol, good times
    Poaching was so fun. People in lesser guilds would just get hostile and eventually disband. New trade chat guilds every few weeks. Good times, good times

ofc is does, you throwing like if mhytic is too hard then dont do it, but it has nothing to do with you or me it has to do with the healthiness of the game, which is dont. And no matter of forum posts can change blizzard acutal failure of a game which is a failure in everyway in numbers being it hardcore or causal

- - - Updated - - -

git gud in social engineering
    You're obviously salty.
    My post heavily implied that I was in the poaching guild, not the poached guild, as in, poaching drama didn't affect me in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzon View Post
    oh my god... i saw your past posts.. and i have to say.. you are dumb idiot......... please guys dont listen this troll... hes spamming forums, reddit, twitter..... please just ban this idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    So, the answer is, you never shut the fuck up. Noted.

And, you're not worth an infraction, so I'll defer from continuing to mock you.

These comments actually do remind me a lot of Vanilla. "GG die already baddie." "Wtf diaf fag." "we are kicking u my buddy has ur spec and he needs loot on final boss, by by fag :P."

Why do you all have to project like kids? We were all 16-20 back in Vanilla but not anymore. Grow up. If these comments are not infractions on MMO-C I would be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Dont forget that everquest adressed a completely different playerbase than WoW does. WoW is a broad audience MMORPG.

It existed in classic, but i still wonder people are not more critical about it.. in special if you are a competetive pvp player. Those days competition was the same as time investment in pvp. It was not about skill but just the ability to play as much PVP as possible.
    Well sure, I'm merely pointing out people will play here just for the sake of being the best. This isn't a new concept for any game. That's why even today you still have people competing on speed runs for SNES games.

I think people may not be critical about the pvp because this time around some people have sense of what they would do to combat those certain situations. The one thing I remember also about classic WoW is though some things were OP, there was ALWAYS a way to negate it. No one thing can be the best at everything. As people say a lot here, we were dumber back then. This could of also lead to a huge sense of OPness. Maybe some people feel they will be smarter this time around. Maybe pvp will be full of only what people considered OP. Who knows. I can say with certainty though people will be there specifically for the pvp. There has been people who even commented on that specifically that they would be only.

Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    These comments actually do remind me a lot of Vanilla. "GG die already baddie." "Wtf diaf fag." "we are kicking u my buddy has ur spec and he needs loot on final boss, by by fag :P."

Why do you all have to project like kids? We were all 16-20 back in Vanilla but not anymore. Grow up. If these comments are not infractions on MMO-C I would be surprised.
    Meh, I've reported their posts several times. We will see. Nothing has happened over the past week + though.

your post do nothing the making no points about nothing and defying numbers. Sadly you can be salty or arrogant as you want, still dont change numbers of the game
    Very clearly salty.

I can tell english isn't your primary language. That's okay, but don't become aggressive with your lack of comprehension buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Poaching was so fun. People in lesser guilds would just get hostile and eventually disband. New trade chat guilds every few weeks. Good times, good times

My guild was endlessly poached - we were good enough to get the attention of the bigger/best guilds on our server, so we were constantly replacing tanks and healers. We didn't disband, we just poached from guilds below us, and disbanded guilds. We absorbed a couple guilds, too.

It's not much different now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post

Your tears of rage refresh me.

And, why should I be infracted? You guys have been picking on Moana for weeks now, and haven't been infracted. Because HOW DARE she have her own opinion, right?

I just laugh at people who's only response to disagreement is censorship - while calling someone childish. Just love that hypocrisy! It's why i keep coming back here to this thread for the best free entertainment going!

I always found the trick to not getting poached from was to provide an environment people didn't want to leave. Of course, we lost players who's main focus was solely progression; but at the same time, we didn't lose "much" of a guildy in those cases, so it wasn't a real issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I know. However, there were no attunement runs to spend time on.
    It was super fun to poach people after they completed the BT attune. Ashtongue ruse, anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

at least i dont lie and defy reality
    Show me the lies. quote them.

Your tears of rage refresh me.

And, why should I be infracted? You guys have been picking on Moana for weeks now, and haven't been infracted. Because HOW DARE she have her own opinion, right?

I just laugh at people who's only response to disagreement is censorship - while calling someone childish. Just love that hypocrisy! It's why i keep coming back here to this thread for the best free entertainment going!
    Quoting mona in a discussion and to ask on her credibility to call out Mark is not the same as telling someone to "Shut the fuck up!".

Legion.

/10char
    Just like WoD then!

/s

Quoting mona in a discussion and to ask on her credibility to call out Mark is not the same as telling someone to "Shut the fuck up!".
    I didn't say it was - you're a special case.

But keep crying, it's refreshing. More rage! More!