Tol Barad and Wintergrasp battlegrounds removed with Legion?

I just went there in the Alpha and they don't seem to function as battlegrounds any longer.

Does anyone have some reliable info about that?

EDIT UPDATE: I got a reply from warcraftdevs saying that they are going to stay
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2016-05-07 at 10:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't be surprised if this is true given they both fell into disuse once the expansions relevant to them ended.

Also: You cue using the BG interface for WG/TB. It's been that way since the end of Wrath. Oh, how I remember how WG was before the hard cap of 240 players: It was such a lagfest XD

The upside is now weather you can go into VoA or not doesn't ride on weather your faction controls WG for 2 and a half hours. The obvious downside is the WG cheevos themselves, which are near-impossible to get now since players have long since moved on to newer content.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

I like optional pvp much more than forced pvp. So this is good news for me.

Deleted
    I miss Wintergrasp, it was so much more fun than TB or Ashran.

Just shutdown the battleground, open up the raids, and Legacy the achievements.

Deleted
    Just add them as bgs alongside AV and IoC.

Let Tol Barad rot with its recycling pattern of going between 3 bases.

Bring back Wintergrasp as a BG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    I like optional pvp much more than forced pvp. So this is good news for me.
    What the hell would this have to do with forcing you to PvP? Thanks for being irrelevant.

@ OP: To me, this just shows more of the Blizz mindset that they've had for years now - less content, or doing less work, to save money on dev time and server space/bandwidth, while making existing content more grindy and boring which means better for their bottom line in the end.

They've made all kinds of excuses about why they can't update some of the old BGs like TB, WG, AV. But...there was a time a year or two ago they talked about putting them in a separate category called "War Campaigns" along with SotA and IoC. Apparently they did the 'cost-benefit analysis' and changed their minds.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-04-30 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    What the hell would this have to do with forcing you to PvP? Thanks for being irrelevant.
    Have you ever actually been to those zones? You are forced to to pvp there - that's what I'm talking about. Learn your facts first, before you write nonsense, kid.

can you get the vendor gear there elsewhere, for mogs, just in case your side never has control?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    Have you ever actually been to those zones? You are forced to to pvp there - that's what I'm talking about. Learn your facts first, before you write nonsense, kid.
    Yeah I've actually been to those zones. I've actually done TB during Cata and got both mounts, pet, weapons, Searchlight, the hearthing tabard, and everything else from the QM there, actually. You usually didn't have to PvP when your faction controlled it. If there were a few stragglers left at the end of a battle (that you didn't have to be in) they were quickly killed or would leave. You could enter TB, do all the dailies, and never see the enemy faction which I extremely rarely ever did. I didn't play before Cata so never did WG when it was current.

I have 'Master of Tol Barad' chieve but didn't get that until 1/14 because I didn't get around to killing Argaloth until later. But most everything else I did in 2011.

Those are the actual facts, actually. BTW, I'm almost 55 but thanks for calling me a 'kid'. I feel younger now.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-04-30 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Yeah I've actually been to those zones. I've actually done TB during Cata and got both mounts, pet, weapons, Searchlight, the hearthing tabard, and everything else from the QM there, actually. You usually didn't have to PvP when your faction controlled it. If there were a few stragglers left at the end of a battle (that you didn't have to be in) they were quickly killed or would leave. You could enter TB, do all the dailies, and never see the enemy faction which I extremely rarely ever did. I didn't play before Cata so never did WG when it was current.

I have 'Master of Tol Barad' chieve but didn't get that until 1/14 because I didn't get around to killing Argaloth until later. But most everything else I did in 2011.

Those are the actual facts, actually. BTW, I'm almost 55 but thanks for calling me a 'kid'. I feel younger now.
    Don't be obtuse. Technically you never have to PvP ever in those zones, but if everybody on both factions just wanted to abstain...then what?

It's forced PvP by design for PvE rewards. It was kinda dumb. The design of putting the bosses out in the world and then having PvP happen if you're on the optional PvP realms is clearly the better design and one they are sticking with since MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd prefer if they were added into the rotation as true Battlegrounds. more content, even if its recycled is better than 0.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i'd prefer if they were added into the rotation as true Battlegrounds. more content, even if its recycled is better than 0.
    Blizzard addressed that not long ago. Neither zone were built to function that way, so in order to become battlegrounds they'd have to be rebuilt from scratch (unlike Ashran, which is being added to the queue system in Legion, although not in the BG rotation). In other words, it's never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Just add them as bgs alongside AV and IoC.
    I am still surprised they haven't done this yet. Even if you don't keep them as the are, at least use the assets to make a bg from it. They should also just open those raids and not make them contingent on who controls the area..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    I miss Wintergrasp, it was so much more fun than TB or Ashran.
    I agree, WG was the best. Funny how their first rty was the best and it just got steadily worst (ashran being the worst of the three imo).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    Blizzard addressed that not long ago. Neither zone were built to function that way, so in order to become battlegrounds they'd have to be rebuilt from scratch (unlike Ashran, which is being added to the queue system in Legion, although not in the BG rotation). In other words, it's never going to happen.
    yeah i saw that too and its just code for, we cant be bothered. I've seen the dev tools, they could do it pretty easily. From the ground up? give me a break.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Actually you do not have to PvP in Tol Barad. It doesn't tag you in PvE servers when a battle is not active, unlike Wintergrasp. So extra fail for "GameGod" . . .
    The whole idea is to not force you to pvp. in TB and in WG.
    "when a battle is not active" - joke's on you - you do not realize a fail even if you write it with your own hands. pitiful...
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-04-30 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    Don't be obtuse. Technically you never have to PvP ever in those zones, but if everybody on both factions just wanted to abstain...then what?

It's forced PvP by design for PvE rewards. It was kinda dumb. The design of putting the bosses out in the world and then having PvP happen if you're on the optional PvP realms is clearly the better design and one they are sticking with since MoP.
    Nothing "obtuse" about what I said. Do you even know the meaning of words you type before you hit submit?

There will always be those who want to PvP in zones like WG & TB, especially if they're current. The hypothetical, "what if they don't then what?" is unrealistic. The dragonslayers who didn't want to PvP in TB during Cata could wait until the fights were over like I said and enter to do the dailies if their faction controlled it. If not, wait 2 hrs. and check again. Several in my former guild at the time did just that. Not a big deal.

I do think forcing PvP for the Leg. cloak in MoP though was a bit ridiculous.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-04-30 at 07:13 PM.

Unecessary instances or events are generally disabled during Alphas.