Thread: Dreadnought

Deleted

Dreadnought

How come no one talks about this? All the streamers I watch play it. I too bought the beta for 10$. Basically Overwatch with starships.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Basically Overwatch with starships.
    This is a woefully terrible analogy. The game looks great though!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    This is a woefully terrible analogy.
    Why?
    *5v5
    *purely pvp
    *team based
    *different "characters"
    *two roles
    *several abilities besides attacks
    *changing "character" at any time whenever you die

Of course it's a lot slower than Overwatch but how is it that different?

10+ Year Old Account
    More like World of Tanks/Planes/Ships/War Thunder/Armored Warefare

Why?
    *5v5
    *purely pvp (What does a lack of PvE have anything to do with comparing the gameplay of these two titles?)
    *team based (NEWS FLASH: So are most other shooters)
    *different "characters" (Basically classes with names and lore thrown onto them, nothing unique to either game)
    *two roles (OW has four roles not two, so you just invalidated your own comparison)
    *several abilities besides attacks (It's been done since Quake, UT, TF, and countless other shooters to the point that it's practically a staple of the genre)
    *changing "character" at any time whenever you die (Since when did this become a unique aspect in the past ten years?)
    There are two hundred other shooters that share the same description you just posted that aren't OW.

*Overwatch is solely objective based; Dreadnought not.
    *OW is a first person shooter, Dread is third person
    *OW is a modern rendition of the skill based quake shooter, Dread is a tactical battleship simulator, two COMPLETELY different genres of shooter
    *OW's movement is quake-like with no movement restrictions (research it if you don't know what that mean), Dreadnought is slow moving with turn radius and intertia, which by itself completely removes it from OW's category of shooter (again, OW is a modern rendition of Quake, Dread is a battleship sim with cover, two COMPLETELY different genres of shooter)
    *OW takes place in an enclosed city space, Dread in open space/air levels with cover, again completely removing Dread from OW's genre of shooter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    More like World of Tanks/Planes/Ships/War Thunder/Armored Warefare
    This is a more adequate comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I'm fucking TIRED of MOBAs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played the first alpha and wasn't really impressed. I'm sure they've added stuff since and what they did have worked well enough but it didn't do anything new, I can think of half a dozen very similar games each with more content.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    Btw, destroyer / dreadnought + good player = meh
    corvette + good player = OMFG NERF THAT SHIT ASAP

Watched this guy on stream, he would just go in, nuke some healer or artillery and then fuck off. He did this all matches, only died like 5 times when he got cornered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Because I'm fucking TIRED of MOBAs.
    thats ok, its not a moba.

Good game, needs some balance, come on leaps and bounds since the alpha. Well worth a look for anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, destroyer / dreadnought + good player = meh
    corvette + good player = OMFG NERF THAT SHIT ASAP

Watched this guy on stream, he would just go in, nuke some healer or artillery and then fuck off. He did this all matches, only died like 5 times when he got cornered.
    there are counters, but they take a few levels to get and some experience to pull off. Early corvettes are simple ot use and little risk for the pay off, you dont need to be good.

But a few levels in you can counter them, let them come in, switch to shields, blast them, hit your repair/armour, and they will be out of ammo and you'll still be alive, at which point you can exterminate them, early on you have to try to blast them, but thats got a short range (900m), later on tehre are other options, and of course as you get further in people learn to work together more and group up for support (not to close otherwise you get nuked) and support each other.

spot them with F.

I think they need toning down early on, it can put new players off, but they are not as OP as they seem right now.

Corvettes are pretty easy to counter actually I play an "Anti Corvette | Corvette" I can show you if you would like I sit near our Healer or Arty in the first tier corvette cloaked and wait for them to come around if they ever reveal I blast them the second they come out. Running Heavy Torpedoes and Blast Pulse.
    Lets me play defensive as well. Lets say they charge in I'm sitting with our team ready to go mark a target and blow it up corvette does insane amounts of damage if I get healed and shields block a big enough damage pool we can normally clear them out before I ever die.

It sure looks nice, but it's just sci-fi, slow-paced War Thunder. I hated War Thunder and the likes, so I'm not touching this one, as I know I'd be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    It sure looks nice, but it's just sci-fi, slow-paced War Thunder. I hated War Thunder and the likes, so I'm not touching this one, as I know I'd be disappointed.
    Slow paced? Not at all in a corvette I roll out and start firing in seconds of the game start and war thunder is a pretty bad comparison. You should try somthing before you knock it. I think it will be a F2P on release could misinformed tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    Slow paced? Not at all in a corvette I roll out and start firing in seconds of the game start and war thunder is a pretty bad comparison. You should try somthing before you knock it. I think it will be a F2P on release could misinformed tho.
    How can it be f2p? There really isn't a whole lot to sell in a cash shop. Not unless the devs start making and selling ships.

How can it be f2p? There really isn't a whole lot to sell in a cash shop. Not unless the devs start making and selling ships.
    That would be the plan - same model was Mech Warrior Online I believe. Pay to look cool - and skip the tier system, same as WoT tier skipping via money.