Quote Originally Posted by Isentropy View Post
    Shadow Word: Death also has a new animation I'm pretty sure.
    Ah ah yeah. I was afraid to say so because I thought that maybe it was just my brain but yeah it's a new one.

It's basically the same with a few tweaks. I thinka video comparing the 2 would work better sadly i can't with my potato computer.

- - - Updated - - -

about the sha themed and nightmare themed glyphs : i don't think they'll be really hard to implement... basically just recolor some spells (and I think most of them are already in the game).

Would be awesome to have the voidform in white/black or red/black. (aswell as voidbolt)

- - - Updated - - -

oh by the way, playing with a ret paladin and a enh shaman with their buff on you is so good. Even tho the added dps is counted towards them, with the high damage output we have (not aoe) it makes those spells really worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

we will have really silly numbers on Vot or Vtor (we should decide on one) the further we go in the expac haha... (tho it can't compete with Fel Eruption atm)

Homophobia is so gay.

A new quote from Suramar

Could we gather all known quotes in one post?

My opinions on spell visuals

- Shadowform: I don't like being forced to a 'glyphed' shadowform out of combat. Aside from this, nothing special.

- SW:V: I like it, frankly I'd love if it was the new MB.

- MB: Meh, at least it's something but I find it a bit underwhelming for a big damage spell.

- VB: It's not bad, but I find it unadequate for our big rotational nuke. It seems a improved shadowbolt. As I said other times, I'd like if it was something similar to D3's Nether Tentacles Elemental Arrow (top left), just to have a bit more 'Old God themed' effects.

- Torrent: Incredibly underwhelming. When I read 'torrent' I expect a big, thick stream and not two thin laces. It seems as if there are two threads being spun. The character aura is really nice, but the 'torrent' is awful - it doesn't seem powerful, it gives me the same feeling as a dentist drill, something that tries to bore while being small and thin.

- SoI: The sphere itself is gorgeous, but it doesn't make sense. It appears, stays in its place, and we shoot laser-shadowbolt...? I hope that they are not done with this, I'd like if the sphere would follow us and shoot to our targets with new visual effects.

- Crash: I like it, but the explosion is maybe a bit small, and it needs a bit more 'black' in my opinion.

- StM: I'd like a transformation effect, too. Since it's an 'extreme' talent, then crank it up to the max. Not that I like it, but if it's here to stay...

About the dagger, I agree that its visuals are underwhelming. I like its shape, but there's a reason if many would prefer a staff - it would be visible on the back, expecially with 'undampened' effects applied to it. They should really do something to make it more visible.
    I would also like a new effect for our dots, like an aura on the target or something.

Yet another whisper, this time while just walking around Stormheim. Don't think this has one has been posted yet.

Nice.

Ny'alotha sounds so awesome

Homophobia is so gay.

7+ Year Old Account
    VoT IS underwhelming. Also the animation appears a second after the button is pressed.

SoI might be nice to follow us but it should be like the orbs where it revolves around us but not as close OR stays exactly where it spawns but has a long reach to targets afflicted with swp.

I'm fine with most other things. I dont mind mf staying the way it is but for completion sake, why not.

I, personally, like that our purple hue is lighter with less insanity. I'm not to sure about not having the smoky flair tho, that is something I do like.

Meanwhile mage got the rainbows. I think they're forcing me to change classes. RAINBOOOOW

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Meanwhile mage got the rainbows. I think they're forcing me to change classes. RAINBOOOOW
    But mages can't switch specs and heal....

Quote Originally Posted by Koire View Post
    A new quote from Suramar

Could we gather all known quotes in one post?
    The English ones are here: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Xal'atath,_...e_Black_Empire

Speaking of which, does anyone have a confirmed screenshot of this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriv View Post
    Random Xal'atath whisper while strolling around our Hall of Balance:
    "The walls between realms are thin here, so easy to tear open. Do you know what would happen if true shadow and light would met here?"

Hah, looks like our dagger knows of the Manastorms! Millhouse's wife is a boss in Violet Hold if you weren't aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Isentropy View Post
    Hah, looks like our dagger knows of the Manastorms! Millhouse's wife is a boss in Violet Hold if you weren't aware.

That makes it sound like he's aware of their family history in general. I wonder if they have a history with Old God cults or if one of their ancestors even had Xal'atath in their possession once.

I hope this hinting of N'zoth and Ny'alotha is a foreshadowing of the next expansion, and i hope we actually get to visit Ny'alotha, wherever and whatever it is. So much build up needs to be utilised imo. Very fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    That makes it sound like he's aware of their family history in general. I wonder if they have a history with Old God cults or if one of their ancestors even had Xal'atath in their possession once.
    Millhouse was a Twilight cultist, and we still do not know why he was on Arcatraz. The claim is as a stowaway, but why and how did he stowaway in the first place. Considering that Skyriss is a Qiraji, Millhouse was likely sent there for him. Whether to release him or execute? Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Millhouse was a Twilight cultist, and we still do not know why he was on Arcatraz. The claim is as a stowaway, but why and how did he stowaway in the first place. Considering that Skyriss is a Qiraji, Millhouse was likely sent there for him. Whether to release him or execute? Who knows?
    I know he was a Twilight Cultist, but I was wondering just how long that was the case and if it's been in his family for generations. But yeah, he was probably there to do something about Skyriss. Going by how the Old Gods think, they probably left the issue to be decided depending on whichever was more convenient or practical in the moment.

Speaking of the whispers of Xal'atath, does anyone know if the Shadow Priest artifact quest has been updated at all? Like if there are any new whispers when draining the Void God?

Quote Originally Posted by Poulpinette View Post
    Considering the power StM gives us, I would have expected nothing less than a transformation into a Void God like the one we encounter in our artifact questline to transform him back to a Naaru.
    Like the Dark Star? I'm not sure I want to turn into a corrupted Naaru. When I first heard of voidform I thought it would be more like a modified Voidwraith or revenant, but what we have is fine too.

I was thinking more like one of these for StM. Power of the Old Gods replacing shadowfiend on the left, and mindbender on the right (prefer this one). Any N'raqi model would be cool, since they use a C'Thraxxi as the spell icon for StM.

Last edited by Gnarilex; 2016-04-30 at 06:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd definitely be down with faceless ones as pets
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I'd definitely be down with faceless ones as pets
    They were in early alpha builds. They got replaced by the tentacle which was the equipped effect of the dagger.

Homophobia is so gay.

15+ Year Old Account
    They were in early alpha builds. They got replaced by the tentacle which was the equipped effect of the dagger.
    I liked the tentacle effect too

And I miss Void Tendrils, it wasn't very good - but it looked cool - if they made it stronger it'd be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I liked the tentacle effect too

And I miss Void Tendrils, it wasn't very good - but it looked cool - if they made it stronger it'd be awesome.
    The tentacle is still in. It just got moved from the "equipped effect" of the dagger to a major artifact trait. It replaced the 2 faceless ones pet.

Homophobia is so gay.

15+ Year Old Account
    The tentacle is still in. It just got moved from the "equipped effect" of the dagger to a major artifact trait. It replaced the 2 faceless ones pet.
    Good call

I should probably pay more attention but its rough not being in a beta for a change, it'd stick better if I could experience it. I feel like a lurker in my own forum.