Poll: Do you want to keep the PvP Vendors, or fire them for the Strongbox system?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Well it was obviously sarcasm (but true).

To be honest the gear gap will not matter that much, if the gap is like what Blizzard propose. You will gear up primarily for WPVP (Where it will be of primary importance)

thats a lie and everyone knows it,gear is always important and a key factor in wow and many other games.

i said this before what wow is doing now is what trion did to rift =killed off pvp = killed off the game.

go read rifts official forums in the pvp section and you can see what im taking about.they got rid of "pvp gear and vendors" said everyhting would be = inside wfs "only".but guess what gear is bis?thats right raid gear =lmfao.you cant go and buy pvp gear from a vendor any more,you get a box with a chance for gear in it from winning a wf "sound familial"? this is rng gear and some players in rift are still looking for certain pieces to drop for over a year now.need that trinket to drop?well tough shit rng says no.

gear in rift is supposed to be = in wfs but it snot and in world pvp "dead" raid gear is miles better.bis gear is T3 raid gear,so called "pvp gear" is one teir behind and can not be upgraded to T3.raiders will go in wfs/bgs and get the same gear you get then turn around and raid getting bis gear twice as fast as a pvp only player.

im telling you this sis going to kill off the last few million pvpers that wow has left and when they are gone the game will be a ghost town.one of the best aspect in wow was that you can earn bis gear how you wanted,pvp or pve.now they have removed pvp gear,removed pvp vendors,removed pvp weapons,yet raiders still get all that bis purple gear.

ask yourself this,how can gear that is giving away for winning a bg to every single player be = to purple gear that drops from an end game raid boss?its not = and everyone knows raid gear will be better and dont think that the "pvp stats" or honor system will make things even because thats a lie.why?because raiders will use bgs to get some free gear to mix/match with their raid gear = a bigger advantage like they do in rift lol.

Deleted
    As a mythic raider this is fantastic, I get god tier pvp gear just by doing pve? Best change ever! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Yeah, in something as gear-dependant as PvP - yeah, yeah, they claim it won't matter so much but they've been saying that since TBC - the RNG is bad. What if I'm playing a Frost DK and want to stack as much Mastery as possible? Getting that +Crit shoulder three weeks in a row is going to drive me up the wall. Not to mention sometimes if I have excessive Conquest I just want to buy the piece of gear that matches the transmog of my class set.

Drive up the cost of PvP gear from vendors if they must and make Strongboxes the most 'reliable' option, but it should still be available to purchase if needs be. I'm sure some PvE'ers will now jump in and tell me "b-b-but why don't you just let us buy PvE that way huh?!" but the PvP system wasn't broken.
    Stats on gear will Mean nothing in Legion PvP. All that matters is ilvl.

Deleted
    Well, I am all in for "less gear for pvp" , but what concerns me is wpvp, as it is my prefered way to spend time in wow. But we will also get *gear* from doing pvp, on pair with raid items, when being 1700+ (which anyone who mainly play pvp got). Gear from non -rated bgs will be like dungeon gear, which is a fair trade because it makes you a casual player - which is completely fine in my book
    Effort/skills + time = equal rewards - just like raiding.
    Imo it is stupid we currently gets 710 gear for free on live servers. It is like HC raiding for doing casual battlegrounds / being semi afk ...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Well, I am all in for "less gear for pvp" , but what concerns me is wpvp, as it is my prefered way to spend time in wow. But we will also get *gear* from doing pvp, on pair with raid items, when being 1700+ (which anyone who mainly play pvp got). Gear from non -rated bgs will be like dungeon gear, which is a fair trade because it makes you a casual player - which is completely fine in my book
    Effort/skills + time = equal rewards - just like raiding.
    Imo it is stupid we currently gets 710 gear for free on live servers. It is like HC raiding for doing casual battlegrounds / being semi afk ...
    Yeah, but that's a bad comparison. The rule is new conquest gear every new content patch to accompany a new raid etc. When blizzard fails with their timetables and you have 2 seasons in a single content patch this is what happens.

The proper comparison for the current patch is previous season's gear, wild gladiators vs what heroic citadel offers. Then of course you must take into consideration that getting full conquest when playing from the beginning of the said patch will take a few months. So it's not all "ez free gear lol".

Not a fan of this at all. It is ridiculous how many things they are removing in Legion. Regarding this change in specific, it's a contradictory move in itself: gear won't matter in instance pvp, only it will matter and if you plan on gearing through pvp only to play pvp you have no choice than to prey to RNG. This is simply unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    thats a lie and everyone knows it,gear is always important and a key factor in wow and many other games.

i said this before what wow is doing now is what trion did to rift =killed off pvp = killed off the game.

go read rifts official forums in the pvp section and you can see what im taking about.they got rid of "pvp gear and vendors" said everyhting would be = inside wfs "only".but guess what gear is bis?thats right raid gear =lmfao.you cant go and buy pvp gear from a vendor any more,you get a box with a chance for gear in it from winning a wf "sound familial"? this is rng gear and some players in rift are still looking for certain pieces to drop for over a year now.need that trinket to drop?well tough shit rng says no.

gear in rift is supposed to be = in wfs but it snot and in world pvp "dead" raid gear is miles better.bis gear is T3 raid gear,so called "pvp gear" is one teir behind and can not be upgraded to T3.raiders will go in wfs/bgs and get the same gear you get then turn around and raid getting bis gear twice as fast as a pvp only player.

im telling you this sis going to kill off the last few million pvpers that wow has left and when they are gone the game will be a ghost town.one of the best aspect in wow was that you can earn bis gear how you wanted,pvp or pve.now they have removed pvp gear,removed pvp vendors,removed pvp weapons,yet raiders still get all that bis purple gear.

ask yourself this,how can gear that is giving away for winning a bg to every single player be = to purple gear that drops from an end game raid boss?its not = and everyone knows raid gear will be better and dont think that the "pvp stats" or honor system will make things even because thats a lie.why?because raiders will use bgs to get some free gear to mix/match with their raid gear = a bigger advantage like they do in rift lol.
    I meant that 1% stat gap per 10 ilvl (which is blizzard said) means that the difference between BiS pvp gear and pve gear will be minimal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    That is my primary concern here, for I am a devoted World PvP'er.
    Well enjoy the Timeless Isle 2.0 aka mythic dragon slayers faceroll everyone else
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    Can anyone with beta access please keep posting all the bad features with this system in the legion thread here? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743054830
    Because between all the trash feedback given by the dragonslayers, they will eventually find the excuse to keep it.
    Yeah this has to be talked about more because this is going to make the entire prestige system and rated system pointless if the queue times go through the roof as everyone is busy slaying dragons instead (this is what happened in WotLK which led to the genesis of rated BGs to bring back players to PVP).

At least in WotLK a lot of specs were viable but with the pruning they are doing in Legion the least pruned specs are obviously going to shine.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-04-25 at 01:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locking bis pieces behind a RNG box is shitty game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant that 1% stat gap per 10 ilvl (which is blizzard said) means that the difference between BiS pvp gear and pve gear will be minimal

- - - Updated - - -

Well enjoy the Timeless Isle 2.0 aka mythic dragon slayers faceroll everyone else

like i said its all bullshit! if 1% per 10 Ilvl is all they are giving then that 1 % is going to be powerful.why even have gear now if they want things to be =?

like i said rift and wow copy each other "alot" and rifts gear boasting system does not even work right.

you cant go buy honor gear anymore,you cant choose what piece to buy,you cant spend honor anymore and the only thign is used for would be that pvp stat crap that everyone will max out.

re read what i said in my first post because its the truth,they are removing any and all pvp gear/progression but leaving raids with bis gear,only one way that can turn out.

also even rift has a prestige system that is total worthless now,i feel bad for the many player that left rift and went back to wow,only to get slapped in the face again...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    nothing that comes from bgs will be bis-they cant hand out gear to players that afk in bgs that is better or = to end game raiding gear,think of that qq.

you will see alot of pvers in bgs "that dont want to be there" but are becasue of the free welfare gear. they will afk their way to a few pieces and then go raid earning bis gear twice as fast as a pvp only player.all the while pvers will earn honor/prestige maxing out pvp talents
    Last edited by meathead; 2016-04-26 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Well in Legion they are doing it with all the gear not just the Vers gear...how stupid are the devs? I know I shouldn't have asked that question lol.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the changes like this that make me lose all hope in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

nothing that comes from bgs will be bis-they cant hand out gear to players that afk in bgs that is better or = to end game raiding gear,think of that qq.

you will see alot of pvers in bgs "that dont want to be there" but are becasue of the free welfare gear. they will afk their way to a few pieces and then go raid earning bis gear twice as fast as a pvp only player.all the while pvers will earn honor/prestige maxing out pvp talents
    Ok but what about arena? Just because BG shouldn't give BIS doesn't mean Arena should also suffer.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

What you're forgetting is that there's a stat template, and 10 ilvls = 1% stat increase, I think.

Considering it's using the same ilvls as normal/heroic/mythic, the ilvl difference between these tiers is currently about 30 ilvl.

Assuming the difference between tier ilvl stays the same, that means the people with the top end gear would have a 3% stat increase over people with the lower-end gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    What you're forgetting is that there's a stat template, and 10 ilvls = 1% stat increase, I think.

Considering it's using the same ilvls as normal/heroic/mythic, the ilvl difference between these tiers is currently about 30 ilvl.

Assuming the difference between tier ilvl stays the same, that means the people with the top end gear would have a 3% stat increase over people with the lower-end gear.
    They said high-end arena players will be getting mythic stuff, so if you are decked out in bis pvp stuff the difference should be less than 1%
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.

They said high-end arena players will be getting mythic stuff, so if you are decked out in bis pvp stuff the difference should be less than 1%
    It is the same ilevel between highly rated arena (elite) and mythic.

But the difference is warforged gear...this entire gearing system is simply a mess of RNG, on top of RNG with another layer of RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    It is the same ilevel between highly rated arena (elite) and mythic.

But the difference is warforged gear...this entire gearing system is simply a mess of RNG, on top of RNG with another layer of RNG.
    And it is much much easier to get loot from mythic compared to reaching 2200+

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    800 is the base ilvl for instanced pvp. This is where players in questing greens and blues will be placed at.

810 is the ilvl of heroic dungeons/BG/skirmish.

870 is the datamined ilvl of mythic ilvl equivalent pvp gear. This is only available to gladiator level players.

So know you can guess that normal will be around 840 for 1700+/Normal raid as Holinka said. This leaves heroic raid gear/2200+ somewhere in the middle at 855.