10 34.48%
  • I have the cards I use but not much more

7 24.14%
  • I'm still trying to build a collection

9 31.03%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Completionist Club

I'm taking this poll to see how many people are completionists like myself and where everyone else ends up in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably the opposite? Times like this - at the start of an expac when I want to craft a slew of specific cards for a whole bunch of decks to try - I go through my collection and ruthlessly cull everything that is unplayable in constructed. The Kidnappers, Hungry Crabs and Gruuls of the world - they exist only as crafting fuel for me.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Having a copy of every card seems like the ultimate goal on this game and every other card game, albeit some of them being hands down garbage (Looking at you Hemet and Boogeymonster)

What I would personally like to aim for one day is to have all golden cards. Huge $$$ investment but they are so PURDY

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Having a copy of every card seems like the ultimate goal on this game and every other card game, albeit some of them being hands down garbage (Looking at you Hemet and Boogeymonster)

What I would personally like to aim for one day is to have all golden cards. Huge $$$ investment but they are so PURDY
    yeah that is the dream but dear god the costs are staggering. You couldn't even do that if you were a no life gamer and maxed your gold every day. While my dust collection is significant I would be out before I even finished an adventure. IF you have that kind of money then you also have the money to pay someone to sit and open all the packs for you instead of taking what would be hours opening and buying packs for the dust. On a side note if you do have that kind of money it would probably be easier to call customer service and offer a huge one time payment for them to just make your account gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing for a year and a half and still trying to build a collection. Yeah I can play most of the cool decks but still missing many major Legendaries and a few essential Epics eg. Prep, Doomhammer and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Probably the opposite? Times like this - at the start of an expac when I want to craft a slew of specific cards for a whole bunch of decks to try - I go through my collection and ruthlessly cull everything that is unplayable in constructed. The Kidnappers, Hungry Crabs and Gruuls of the world - they exist only as crafting fuel for me.
    I've never DE'd any non-Legendaries I only have <=2 of apart from Goldens. However next month I will most likely disenchant all Naxx and GvG cards and be glad to see the back of them and move on. Wild is so tryhard at the moment and to build a decent deck is an order more difficult compared to Standard because of the variety.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    yeah that is the dream but dear god the costs are staggering. You couldn't even do that if you were a no life gamer and maxed your gold every day. While my dust collection is significant I would be out before I even finished an adventure. IF you have that kind of money then you also have the money to pay someone to sit and open all the packs for you instead of taking what would be hours opening and buying packs for the dust. On a side note if you do have that kind of money it would probably be easier to call customer service and offer a huge one time payment for them to just make your account gold.
    Yeah, I know that feel. One of the main reasons why I like watching some pre-recorded streams or Trolden moments. All those golden cards from pros and such.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    I am already beyond 2000 Euro spent and still miss tons of golden cards. Of course I craft missing legendary cards first, so thats stupid 3600 dust. EACH.
    I just fell for the shiny golden animations and tell myself that whales like me keep this game free to play

Quote Originally Posted by Embodier View Post
    I am already beyond 2000 Euro spent and still miss tons of golden cards. Of course I craft missing legendary cards first, so thats stupid 3600 dust. EACH.
    I just fell for the shiny golden animations and tell myself that whales like me keep this game free to play
    for my total career in the game i'm like 1/3 of that you being the humpback and me being more a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Kripp has been saving dust and cards to DE since closed Beta and he's still like 200k+ away from full golden set, the amount of cards and packs he's gotten both purchased and from arena is insane and he's not even close.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I dont have every card. I only spend money on adventures and never to buy packs. And now when wild came along I decided to DE all GvG and naxx cards I had. But yeah, I have all the more normal cards. Not shit cards like wisp or other that are never in any deck.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I've considered dropping some money on it. I've only really bought the OG promotional and Naxx, so far. The thing is, I dropped MtG for HS, mostly because I'd drop several hundred on MtG every month or so. I was hoping not to get into that with HS, so I've been mostly avoiding it. >.<
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    I've considered dropping some money on it. I've only really bought the OG promotional and Naxx, so far. The thing is, I dropped MtG for HS, mostly because I'd drop several hundred on MtG every month or so. I was hoping not to get into that with HS, so I've been mostly avoiding it. >.<
    Considering new AAA Games cost like 50-60 €uros and Dollars plus the DLC/Season Pass stuff I claim that you can build 2-3 competetive decks for laddering for the price of one new PC Game; and the amount of hours I sunk into HS made up for all that money. I spent about 500 Euro in steam games last year and only played 3 more than 2 days (~ 20-30 hours, that beeing the blockbuster games GTA V, Fall Out 4 and Witcher 3). It is all about perspective I guess.
    A WoW sub already is ~ 140 Euro for a year etc.

Don't start dropping big cash into it. MtG at least had the sell/trade aspect going on where you could get some of that back.

Buy the adventures and the promotional buyins, at most. Use gold to build your collection otherwise. Your bank account will thank you for it.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Don't start dropping big cash into it. MtG at least had the sell/trade aspect going on where you could get some of that back.

Buy the adventures and the promotional buyins, at most. Use gold to build your collection otherwise. Your bank account will thank you for it.
    That's, sort of, my thought on the matter. Granted, I kept most of my MtG cards even though I haven't played in a few years. While they may be rather valuable, I don't really have a need or a desire to resell them.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    I could have every card if I de'd all my golden ones

That's, sort of, my thought on the matter. Granted, I kept most of my MtG cards even though I haven't played in a few years. While they may be rather valuable, I don't really have a need or a desire to resell them.
    I still have 3 legendary Eldrazis from MtG that apparently are worth a decent amount but I just can't bring myself to sell, since Zendikar was like, when I first started playing.

Either way, for on topic, I have most of the older important cards (still only one Piloted Sky Golem shockingly enough though from GvG). For WotOG, I'm missing quite a bit still I think, but I'm getting there.

Also @Nikkaszal, I will keep my golden Gruul til the day I die now! (Or pull another regular one).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I still have 3 legendary Eldrazis from MtG that apparently are worth a decent amount but I just can't bring myself to sell, since Zendikar was like, when I first started playing.

Either way, for on topic, I have most of the older important cards (still only one Piloted Sky Golem shockingly enough though from GvG). For WotOG, I'm missing quite a bit still I think, but I'm getting there.

Also @Nikkaszal, I will keep my golden Gruul til the day I die now! (Or pull another regular one).
    Are the Eldrazi cards still pretty valuable? I have several decks based on them and have two of the promo Emrakul cards still.

I love Lovecraftian themed things, so I was very excited for Zendikar's Eldrazi cards. Same for how I'm excited for HS's Old Gods expansion.
    ~~ ~~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    I could have every card if I de'd all my golden ones
    Then you either have a shit load of Goldens or an almost complete collection. Goldens are hard to come by without spending a shit ton of money on packs especially Golden Legendaries which are only found in 1 out of every 100 packs on average.

I aim to own every card in the game, but I don't buy packs.

So I'm at about 75-90% for most expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I aim to own every card in the game, but I don't buy packs.

So I'm at about 75-90% for most expansions.
    I bet it's a lot less in terms of crafting value and that's what counts because the packs you open now are mostly duplicates. I also have around 80% of the cards but in terms of dust I am no where near even half way because the Legendaries cost so much.