Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    We have had many mass extinction events. Earth has recovered from every single one so far.
    Yes, we have. But is that excuse enough to warrant purposefully allow a species to die off? Perhaps you don't quite understand the difference between the two "events", but it should be taken seriously.

Deleted
    We have had many mass extinction events. Earth has recovered from every single one so far.
    Ye but none was our fault. Well the dodo bird and the marsupial tiger was our fault.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Yes, we have. But is that excuse enough to warrant purposefully allow a species to die off? Perhaps you don't quite understand the difference between the two "events", but it should be taken seriously.

If the species can't adapt. They no longer have a place in this world. This is how nature works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Ye but none was our fault. Well the dodo bird and the marsupial tiger was our fault.

Does the fault matter? If they can't adapt they don't belong here.

Nature will adapt without them as it has for millions of years.

You know what nature will adapt just fine without you too. So yeah when you die who gives a fuck.

Human beings, the greatest vermin the world has ever known

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    You know what nature will adapt just fine without you too. So yeah when you die who gives a fuck.

Did I offend you some how? Have some peace of mind that some day I will die. Along with the rest of humanity. At which point the earth will continue until it's swallowed by the sun.

Deleted
    Does the fault matter? If they can't adapt they don't belong here.
    Not sure anything can adapt to guns, poachers and losing their habitat to chainsaws and agricultural fields. If something could indeed adapt to that, then Humanity itself would be a goner.

If the species can't adapt. They no longer have a place in this world. This is how nature works.
    If our species can't adapt, we no longer deserve a place in this world. This is how nature works. We're the dominant species on the planet, we have a duty to take core of the environment, and the animals that live within it. They've next to no control over the factors that are playing into their demise, it's not as if they're unable to adapt to severe changes, it's that we're making it impossible for them to exist.

The difference is huge, but you clearly can't understand that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure anything can adapt to guns, poachers and losing their habitat to chainsaws and agricultural fields.

Then as I said, they don't belong. Sorry you don't like how nature works.

Deleted
    Then as I said, they don't belong. Sorry you don't like how nature works.
    Know what, you should do a favor to everyone and reply to all posts here simply with "I don't give a fuck", as that's what you mean with all your posts and any additional words are useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Know what, you should do a favor to everyone and reply to all posts her simply with "I don't give a fuck", as that's what you mean with all your posts and any additional words are useless.

It's not that I don't care. I don't want to see every specie die off. At the same time I would rather not waste time and effort on a species that can't adapt and survive. If we have to keep them on life support to keep them around. the best thing to do is to pull the plug.

Deleted
    It's not that I don't care. I don't want to see every specie die off. At the same time I would rather not waste time and effort on a species that can't adapt and survive. If we have to keep them on life support to keep them around. the best thing to do is to pull the plug.
    Translation: I don't give a fuck

You keep putting effort into posts, just stop, it's not necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    If our species can't adapt, we no longer deserve a place in this world. This is how nature works. We're the dominant species on the planet, we have a duty to take core of the environment, and the animals that live within it. They've next to no control over the factors that are playing into their demise, it's not as if they're unable to adapt to severe changes, it's that we're making it impossible for them to exist.

The difference is huge, but you clearly can't understand that.

You realize the reason we are the dominate species is because we are so adaptable. So yeah, at which point we can't adapt to the environment, we don't belong here either. When I'm talking about nature I don't exclude humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Translation: I don't give a fuck

You keep putting effort into posts, just stop, it's not necessary.
    If I didn't care I wouldn't be posting. Just because you don't like my opinion doesn't mean you get to say whether I care or not.

This title ..... seriously !

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep throwing around adaptation here and there as if it were the case. You're equating human destruction of natural habitats with some natural ocurrence.

Wild animals falling prey to human stupidity is not on the same level of an asteroid hitting the earth or some disease wiping them out.

I don't see how you're not able to understand how dense it is to state that if animals can't adapt to humans encroaching on their habithats, then the first have no right to existance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You keep throwing around adaptation here and there as if it were the case. You're equating human destruction of natural habitats with some natural ocurrence.

Wild animals falling prey to human stupidity is not on the same level of an asteroid hitting the earth or some disease wiping them out.

I don't see how you're not able to understand how dense it is to state that if animals can't adapt to humans encroaching on their habithats, then the first have no right to existance.

Humans are a part of nature. So yeah it's still a part of nature. We are not separate from it, we are a part of it.

You realize the reason we are the dominate species is because we are so adaptable. So yeah, at which point we can't adapt to the environment, we don't belong here either. When I'm talking about nature I don't exclude humans.
    You're clearly not understanding my point.

Let me be clear. Absolutely, if an animal can not adapt to changes, it's not fit to survive and I have no issue with letting certain species fade, such as the Panda. However, there are some species that are not even being given the chance to adapt or change, because of the immense and near insane speed at which they're being decimated.

There is no real option to evolve against our species, because of the brutality and determination at which we go about our actions. Giving them a chance to evolve and adapt against natural or even some man made events isn't exactly a waste of time, if it means they do end up adapting and making a come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're clearly not understanding my point.

Let me be clear. Absolutely, if an animal can not adapt to changes, it's not fit to survive and I have no issue with letting certain species fade, such as the Panda. However, there are some species that are not even being given the chance to adapt or change, because of the immense and near insane speed at which they're being decimated.

There is no real option to evolve against our species, because of the brutality and determination at which we go about our actions. Giving them a chance to evolve and adapt against natural or even some man made events isn't exactly a waste of time, if it means they do end up adapting and making a come back.

Just curious. What do you propose we do? Stop human development?

Nature will adapt without them as it has for millions of years.
    They're still our relatives that could allow us to look into what seperates humans from non-human apes.

- - - Updated - - -

Just curious. What do you propose we do? Stop human development?
    No, just stop killing gorillas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    No, just stop killing gorillas.

If they are being killed by poachers. Sure go after the poachers and stop them. If they are being killed by development......

If they are being killed by poachers. Sure go after the poachers and stop them. If they are being killed by development......
    Both should be addressed, you can't use either to justify a species or population extinct.

It's not like gorillas and orangutans in the wild can't adapt, it's that they've been systematically hunted by poachers and bush meat hunters.