10+ Year Old Account
    How do FnB and Havoc interact? If you Havoc mob A and Incinerate mob B, do both of them get hit by Incin twice? Or only A? Or does FnB exclude Incin from working with Havoc entirely?

Is it just me or do these infernals kinda look out of place with an Orange Rain of Fire?

While it seems to do decent dmg, I'm not a fan of the perk at all. Afaik can't really 'track' the CD so if it just happens once in 10min... yea. God forbid we would get an extra button!
    made by Shyama

Deleted
    Not sold on the idea of Destro being very random with regards to it's DPS/mastery. Does fit the class fantasy of chaotic spellcaster sure, but raid wise one week you might do bad, the other very good and it isn't totally under your control. Still lots more testing to do but I dunno just not feeling hopeful atm

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    Not sold on the idea of Destro being very random with regards to it's DPS/mastery. Does fit the class fantasy of chaotic spellcaster sure, but raid wise one week you might do bad, the other very good and it isn't totally under your control. Still lots more testing to do but I dunno just not feeling hopeful atm
    Numberwise we'll be fine, as always. Over the course of a long fight the numbers will be tuned to average out as competitive, which is easy for them to do. The problem that all of this RNG seems to create is in the disruption of its short term, on demand burst window capability, which Destro excelled at, which now it seems like it won't. You may burst high, you may not. Seems like they turned Destruction into more of a sustained damage spec and less of a burst damage spec, a spec that Blizzard themselves advertised as being about "bursts of fel fire". Destro currently looks and sounds like a direct damage Affliction clone. I would rather the RNG damage had centered around Crit than what feels like a mutated variant of Versatility. I just don't like the current iteration of Alpha Destro at all.

So are we thinking best solution - right now at least - is for Lord of Flames to be its own button, that does the RoF animation and summons the Infernals ?

Obviously we'd need to rename it, and probably have its fire be green regardless of codex status, to match the infernals ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    So are we thinking best solution - right now at least - is for Lord of Flames to be its own button, that does the RoF animation and summons the Infernals ?

Obviously we'd need to rename it, and probably have its fire be green regardless of codex status, to match the infernals ...
    IIRC there's no traits that are actives, and I highly doubt that will change any time soon yet alone for a single one.

I imagine it'll either change to something completely different or in a best case scenario be tied to infernal instead of RoF which seems a lot more appropriate.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I've got this crazy idea. What if our mastery was something like multistrike but not exactly like in WoD?
    Upon landing a spell, you have a X% chance to launch a second instant spell for half the damage. This effect can trigger multiple times, reduced by X% each. Let me explain:

Imagine at 0% mastery you have say 25% chance upon landing a spell to launch a second spell for half the damage of the original one. Upon landing, this second spell has a 25% of 25% chance (6,25%) to trigger a third spell for half the damage of the second one. And so on until it stops triggering. Chances are you barely get any procs per cast with this mastery rating.

Now imagine you have 80% mastery. The first spell has a 80% to trigger, second 64% to trigger (80%x80% = 64%), third 51.2% , forth 40.96%, fifth 32.768%... chances are you'll get multiple procs per spell casted. If it procs 5 times you get 100% damage + 1/2 +1/4 + 1/8 + 1/16 + 1/32 damage increase. That's almost double damage over 5 travel-time.

Now, why do these effects trigger on landing and not upon casting? Because in a pvp scenario 2 chaos bolts proccing multiple times right upon cast can be increadibly fun for the warlock but not for its victim. And upon landing means you can cast meanwhile an Incinerate and release a smaller Chaos Bolt + Incinerate. And then a smaller Chaos Bolt + smaller incinerate + whatever you're casting next. And so on.
    So if you get several procs on consecutive casting spells you're effectively becoming a destructive machinegun of fel fire. In my head it looks epic and awesome. It still fits that chaotic them they want us to have (you can have multiple procs or none) and it has a visual impact which current mastery doesn't have.

I know it won't happen, and it probably is the most stupid idea ever, but I wanted to share it XD.

Quote Originally Posted by gruxxar View Post
    Is it just me or do these infernals kinda look out of place with an Orange Rain of Fire?

While it seems to do decent dmg, I'm not a fan of the perk at all. Afaik can't really 'track' the CD so if it just happens once in 10min... yea. God forbid we would get an extra button!
    I think they should change it so it matches your fire color. There's red and green versions of both the infernals and abyssals, maybe they'll implement that later (if they keep it in RoF) and were more focused on getting it implemented for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    I've got this crazy idea. What if our mastery was something like multistrike but not exactly like in WoD?
    Upon landing a spell, you have a X% chance to launch a second instant spell for half the damage. This effect can trigger multiple times, reduced by X% each.
    In PvP it'd have the same problem as vanilla Enhance Shamans, where a lucky proc string would blow people up with a single spell cast. In PvE it'd be ever more RNG, and to balance Mastery stacking all the Destro spells would have to hit like wet noodles baseline, which means those unlucky no-proc casts would be damp fizzles. So I don't think "super uncapped Multistrike" is the way to go.

Look, it's not like the current mastery is that different from Multistrike to begin with! Say your new Destro mastery is at 60%. In other words, at max roll you do 60% extra damage (double MS proc) and at min roll you're doing baseline damage (zero MS proc). It's just that instead of only having three potential results (zero, one, or two MS procs) you have sixty potential results (1%-60% mastery roll), which means the overall results are a lot smoother instead of living or dying by your proc luck.

I think the solution is for the perk to modify Summon Infernal and to remove the Doomguard for Destruction.

Leave it as 3 min CD, still spawns a number of infernals to match DG single target output (through tinkering with infernal melee damage) all while retaining AoE burst theme destruction had with FnB.

Grimore of Supremacy will teach an additional spell to perform the same shower of infernals minus the active one, damage of perk infernals' AoE is nerfed in PVP setting (or not, depends on tuning, I'd say it'll be needed).

Come to think of it, Infernals working that way MAY create a distinct identities between GoSup and GoServ as being AoE option vs ST option, but that leaves out GoSac being trash, depending on tuning.

Also, larger spawn animations.
    Last edited by Halwyn; 2016-04-30 at 07:19 PM.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Animation like Rain of Chaos for Archimonde would be awesome where they smash into the ground from different directions.

I do like the idea of them not all spawning immediately. Originally I was thinking they should be spawning at regular intervals over the course of the RoF, but that takes away a lot of the burst, I guess ?

- - - Updated - - -

I also like the idea, building off what someone said earlier ... Destro gets Infernals/Abyssals, Aff gets Doom/Terrorguard ... but how about Demo gets something new. Inquisitor ?

So, damn ... with Supremacy that'd be a perm Inquisitor. Finally a ranged aoe pet. But I guess that's better for another thread.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Demo gets something new. Inquisitor ?

So, damn ... with Supremacy that'd be a perm Inquisitor. Finally a ranged aoe pet. But I guess that's better for another thread.
    Imo demo is better off with buffed FG. Too iconic to replace it, I'd personaly love it to be the default pet in any situation with Grimore row enhancing either its ST potential or cleave power.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    IIRC there's no traits that are actives
    Off the top of my head, Sindragosa's Fury for frost death knights is active 5 min cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Off the top of my head, Sindragosa's Fury for frost death knights is active 5 min cd.
    There's also Titan's Thunder for Beast Mastery Hunters (1 min. cd) and Light of T'uure for Holy Priests (45 sec recharge).

looked through all the artifacts so no one else had to

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    There's also Titan's Thunder for Beast Mastery Hunters (1 min. cd) and Light of T'uure for Holy Priests (45 sec recharge).

looked through all the artifacts so no one else had to
    FWIW, all artifacts have one activated ability in their traits. Most happen to be the first trait in the tree, so you get it immediately (like Dimensional rift). Holy Priest, BM Hunter, and Frost DK all have passives for their first trait (Invoke the Naaru, Hati's Bond, and Crystalline Swords), so they get their active artifact ability later in the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar Hao View Post
    Upon landing a spell, you have a X% chance to launch a second instant spell for half the damage. This effect can trigger multiple times, reduced by X% each. Let me explain:

[explanation]

I know it won't happen, and it probably is the most stupid idea ever, but I wanted to share it XD.
    It's a better iteration of "Chaos" than Blizzard's current design. I personally would've preferred Blizzard to bring back Ruin as Destruction's mastery.

So the Physical and Holy components of Chaos Bolt's chaos damage have been removed in the last build. Meaning it will no longer bypass things like Cloak of Shadows and Anti-Magic Shell.

It's not actually chaos damage any more, despite what the tooltip says.

This means that there is no longer anything beneficial about it being changed to from shadow to chaos - it is now purely negative. This is a pretty heavy nerf to Chaos Bolt, and the capability of Destruction in PVP in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So the Physical and Holy components of Chaos Bolt's chaos damage have been removed in the last build. Meaning it will no longer bypass things like Cloak of Shadows and Anti-Magic Shell.

It's not actually chaos damage any more, despite what the tooltip says.

This means that there is no longer anything beneficial about it being changed to from shadow to chaos - it is now purely negative. This is a pretty heavy nerf to Chaos Bolt, and the capability of Destruction in PVP in general.
    You gotta be kidding me...

This is more disappointing than having sex with a rhinoceros who doesn't love you anymore.

I mean, I can see why. It's a PvP change, and Casting Circle letting you actually get CBs off is a pretty big deal. There's something to be said about not letting a nuke that hard be both unstoppable AND virtually unblockable.