Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I need help with something

So I have this female friend that I may or may not have a relationship with that has this weird problem that I never thought anyone would ever have and I need help on how to respond to it.

She said (Ishityounot) that she wants to starve herself and loose a lot of weight because her ass is too big and she's embarrassed about people talking about her/it behind her back and just in general.

I literally don't even know how to address that.

Any help?

If she is constantly pressing the issue on a daily basis, then she's probably serious. Tell her that's a stupid idea.

If she's only talked about it once or twice, then she's fishing for compliments. Typical woman behavior. Just say you like big butts and carry on. You don't have to mean it.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

7+ Year Old Account
    Point her in the direction of tried and tested diet that will help her lose weight without killing her. And then explain how that when each of us is gone, we're gone, and that spending time worrying about what others think or say is one of the most destructive wastes of time one can engage in.

Edit: Also what Lii said. Some women will say some pretty crazy/stupid shit just to get attention. My ex used to fake sick to keep me from going to work because there might be another girl there.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-04-30 at 10:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell her idiots who starve themselves intentionally sometimes die of heart failure.

Tell her "I think you should, your ass is huuuggggggeeeeeeeeeee." Then when she dumps you find you someone that isn't so bat shit crazy they think harming themselves for something so petty as a smaller ass is a good idea.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erhm, wow. First off, is her ass really that big? If it is:

Just tell her to get her ass for a run as often as possible and cut on heavy carbs, starving herself will do irreparable damage.

Do you have pics of said butt? Is she just fishing for compliments?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

She's being an attention whore. Just tell her to shut up and stop being a fucking din about it. Anyone with a brain knows starving yourself is unhealthy and stupid, and people that think it's a viable option aren't worth your time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    No. Do not want to see fat chic ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    No. Do not want to see fat chic ass!
    Oh she's not fat, not even plump (if that's the right word), she just has a latino booty (if that's the right term).

She didn't just announce it, but she brought it up during a random scatterbrained conversation and I did notice that she did (I think for a period) try to become a vegan (and I'm pretty sure it failed).

I don't think she actually meant it, but I don't even know how to respond to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    No the issue is she doesn't want compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    she just has a latino booty (if that's the right term)
    That is not the right term.

She didn't just announce it, but she brought it up during a random scatterbrained conversation and I did notice that she did (I think for a period) try to become a vegan (and I'm pretty sure it failed).
    Yea sounds like she's just talking random. People say stupid stuff sometimes. This is one of those times.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Give her a good mansplaining about why she's wrong. That usually does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    That is not the right term.

Yea sounds like she's just talking random. People say stupid stuff sometimes. This is one of those times.
    She's not by any normal definition fat, but she has a large posterior.

I'd ask to post pics (I can't judge the ass if I can't see it) however I'm almost certain she's under the age of 18.

If it's something she's mentioned frequently it might be serious and you should probably try to get her to seek help.

If it's something she's mentioned on occasion in passing then she's fishing for you to tell her her ass isn't fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'd ask to post pics (I can't judge the ass if I can't see it) however I'm almost certain she's under the age of 18.
    Yep. We're not that far away from 18 though, I will say that

How about offer to be a workout partner instead of a starving diet, work on helping to reduce the unhealthy stuff, and getting some exercise, even if it's something like walking.

She'll grow out of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    She'll grow out of it...
    Possibly, I've never given a fuck about what women thought of my ass and for a man, I have a pretty big ass, maybe that's just me though.

Oh she's not fat, not even plump (if that's the right word), she just has a latino booty (if that's the right term).

I don't think she actually meant it, but I don't even know how to respond to that.

- - - Updated - - -

No the issue is she doesn't want compliments.
    Yeah no, all women come with their own baggage. How old is she? Young teen? (attention seeking). Older teen? (phishing for compliments) Late 20s? (Prob serious and may need to seek professional help) Menopause age...? (I mean point of no return)