Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A company should be able to advertise however they please.

I also don't understand how these ads pressure anyone to look like anything. I don't look at the cover of mens health and cry because I'm not ripped with a six pack. The issue is people are insecure and have low self esteem. Since they can't seem to realize they have an issue they have to blame someone or something else.

It's not secret that ads with more attractive people in them are more appealing. It's what most people prefer to look at. But if someone believes they also have to look that then these is a deeper issue and it isn't advertisers fault.

This kind of reminds me of the game panel that was shut down because there wasn't enough vagina's on it.

Industry titans coming to share their knowledge and experiences with women and men alike, a chance for women to learn something about the industry and learn how to become a developer. But nah, feminists/SJW's had to shut it down because of not vagina's on it, effectively robbing women who was planning to go there of it.

Just like this ad bullshit, let's rob models of work, deny them work, deny women to show of their sexuality.
    Cry-bully feminists/SJW are everything they claim to be against, it's hilarious, they are against liberty and freedom of speech/expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Still waiting for someone to form an Anti-SJW movement.
    but that's just normal rational people.

Do these threads actually solve anything?
    Skoldier for life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    If not for these anti-SJW posts I would have no idea about any of these things so they are informative at the very least.

They also seem to be a good place for anti-SJWs to gather, vent their impotent frustrations and reminisce about "the good 'ol days" when "the blacks" were property and women couldn't vote.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    They also seem to be a good place for anti-SJWs to gather, vent their impotent frustrations and reminisce about "the good 'ol days" when "the blacks" were property and women couldn't vote.
    Yes, i truly miss the days where i was a slave owner down inn texas, forcing black slaves to pick cotton all day long.
    Those were the days.

It was only a matter of time before this dumb narrative popped up again, good job.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    Do any threads actually solve anything?

Deleted
    Wait, are you implying I am a wanna-be slaver?

As a non-white I find that pretty offensive, and it makes you the racist to assume I am white

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    ugh, I really want to derail further with a joke, but i'll leave it at I agree with you.

Deleted
    If they did, my epic copy pasting skills would already have changed the world

7+ Year Old Account
    So basically, ban ads with hot chics because fat chics get jealous.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    ugh, I really want to derail further with a joke, but i'll leave it at I agree with you.
    Make your joke.

Can't just leave me hanging like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...-pretty-women/

Advertising Watchdog Moves To Ban “Idealised” Images Of Pretty Women

The UK’s advertising watchdog is investigating the “objectification and sexualisation of women in ads” because of an “increasing political and public debate” driven by “offended” feminists on social media.

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) has already started banning ads featuring attractive women, that supposedly cause “offence, or harm”. Such censorship may now become routine, as the ASA claims it is “alive to changing attitudes and behaviours”.

“Presenting an idealised or unrealistic body image, the mocking of women and men in non-stereotypical roles, the reinforcement of stereotyped views of gender roles, and gender-specific marketing to children are all issues that have gained considerable public interest,” the ASA claims.

The development follows the controversy surrounding Protein World last year — a fitness company that put up billboards in London (pictured above) showing a woman in a bikini beside the words: “Are you beach body ready?”

Feminist and so-called social justice warriors started an aggressive online campaign against the ads, which was picked up by the liberal media and more than 70,000 people signed a petition against them.

However, only a handful turned out to protest in person, and the when the ASA investigated it concluded the ad was “unlikely” to cause “serious offence”.

Nevertheless, following further pressure from feminist activists, just six months later the ASA banned a Gucci fashion ad for featuring what they labeled an “unhealthily thin” model.

The regulator now appears ready to officially change their stance on the matter, and depending on the conclusion of their investigation all attractive women on ads could soon be deemed to cause “offence” and “harm” and be censored.

“The project will report on whether we’re getting it right on gender stereotyping in ads. If the evidence suggests a change in regulation is merited we will set out the best way to achieve it”, they explain.

They promise to be “open-minded” and appeal for “stakeholders”, activists and people who might be offended to send them evidence, adding:

“As a proactive regulator, we want to find out more about these issues. Consequently, we will be doing three things: examining evidence on gender stereotyping in ads, seeking views from a range of stakeholders, and commissioning our own research into public opinion”.

Chief Executive of the ASA, Guy Parker, said: “We’re serious about making sure we’re alive to changing attitudes and behaviours.

“That’s why we’ve already been taking action to ban ads that we believe reinforce gender stereotypes and that are likely to cause serious and widespread offence, or harm....

----

So presumably no more of these:

But this is "healthy":

Stop surfing the internet looking for shit to get offended over. People like you are SJW's too.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Make your joke.

Can't just leave me hanging like that.
    oh it was gonna be a soft ball. why inhale when you have to exhale? kinda shit.

Deleted
    no wonder why men are scared shitless of the oposite gender, when they risk going to jail or even lose their income from talking to one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, i truly miss the days where i was a slave owner down inn texas, forcing black slaves to pick cotton all day long.
    Those were the days.

It was only a matter of time before this dumb narrative popped up again, good job.
    https://theintercept.com/2016/03/11/trumps-good-old-days...

At a rally in Fayetteville, North Carolina, on Wednesday, during which a black protester being led out by the police was elbowed in the face by a Trump supporter, the candidate voiced his regret in words he has used again and again.

“See, in the good old days this doesn’t happen,” Trump told his fans, “because they used to treat them very, very rough. And when they protested once, you know, they would not do it again so easily.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Wait, are you implying
    Oh, you

I'm not implying anything. Your posts speak for themselves.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    SJWs are cancer, and people who care about this shit are SJWs, therefore they are cancer, and no the people who want the SJWs to stop being cancer aren't therefore cancer because they want to stop cancer.

I think that about sums it up.
    Pretty sure I started drooling and my lazy-eye went full acute angle towards the end of that sentence. Does SJW are cancer and anti-SJW are not cancer sum it up?
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

15+ Year Old Account
    If not for these anti-SJW posts I would have no idea about any of these things so they are informative at the very least.
    I wouldn't know radfems did silly stuff unless I got my three-to-ten-times daily Xarim posts. I've heard so many people say they have never heard or witnessed anything like this except on the internet. Unless you're a first year uni student or on the internet 24/7, it's pretty hard to even run into this stuff without somebody shoving it in your face.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I wouldn't know radfems did silly stuff unless I got my three-to-ten-times daily Xarim posts. I've heard so many people say they have never heard or witnessed anything like this except on the internet. Unless you're a first year uni student or on the internet 24/7, it's pretty hard to even run into this stuff without somebody shoving it in your face.
    Never came face to face with a SJW in real life. As a heterosexual white male I have met plenty of openly racist, misogynistic and homophobic people though. I am around new people all the time for work and it still happens frequently. Still no SJWs.

It is funny, now that you mention it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    No. Anti-SJWs can be cancer, but they aren't cancer solely because they are anti-SJW.
    Ah gotcha, absolutely agree.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)