Quote Originally Posted by GiefEpixe View Post
    Instead of trying to get Vanilla servers up, people should rather push for game design choices that they appreciated back then to be included in today's version. I can understand players craving for some of the old less casual game style, still it should be part of the current iteration and not the one from ten years ago. That's what we should try to get them to do and spend resources on.

Then again, this whole Nost rumpus is probably the only way the devs will realise there's actually a significant demand for that and that it's the core reason why the game is currently going down the drain.
    That's a nice thought, and on some level you're probably right, but there are a LOT of players that play WoW for the entirely different game it changed into and not only have zero interest in former design choices, but outright hate them. Fighting to get WoW back closer to its roots would be (and is) even more of an uphill battle than getting legacy servers is. A new server type is the only way to make both crowds happy. I don't think there's any way around that.

Separate, legitimate legacy/pristine servers also open the doors to direct comparisons which I personally feel as a great thing because it means that neither side can make grandiose, self-important, sweeping statements on the subject (like the classic, "it's just nostalgia!") unless facts support it (legacy servers turning to ghost towns after a few months). Right now it's a free for all where anybody can say anything because proof is impossible either way, and that drives me positively insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    No way. (1) No one is going expose the clientele personal data to them to access the billing, and (2) the Nost server was a buggy mess: quests, pathing, LoS, stealth, talents, all those were broken. Endorsing this crap and distributing an unsafe client will be a suicide for Blizzard.
    You didn't play on Nost obviously. Any time someone that hasn't played something want to critique it, they say "X was a buggy mess.". Because it's a vague critique. But it actually wasn't. Hence why I think you're lying your ass off about playing it. It was no more buggy than current live wow is. I mean, even after all this time My Orcs and dwarves get a shave everytime they wear certain types of helms. And don't forget clipping. Those are issues that have been going on for years. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

And it isn't a "suicide for blizzard". Because you don't have to play it. Stop trying to find things wrong with something because you're upset that they might actually be doing it. Don't be one of those miserable fucks that don't want others to enjoy something just because you have some weird fucked up mental thing about it. Those people are the absolute worst. This isn't going to cost blizzard much at all resource wise. Those Nost guys were paying out of their own pocket. So it isn't that expensive. And blizz has the money.

So stop lying and stop fear mongering. It's control freak passive/aggressiveness.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2016-04-30 at 10:00 PM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

You guys remember back when what you did and who you sided with mattered, at least a bit?

Who worked on their Syndicate, Gelkis, Revantusk or Magram reps, hoping they'd end up useful for something? Who capped their Aldor or Scryers rep only to spend ages sacrificing that work so the other faction would like them again? Who snapped, betrayed and slaughtered the Oracles after finally getting that damn mount from them?

It made the game feel more like a world than a succession of raid tiers. Blizzard would NEVER put in a rep like the Bloodsail ever again if what you had to do to get their rep stopped that character from progressing through their precious Hero Factory.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Remember when a good WoW toon would sell for thousands? What would a decked out toon sell for now? $200 MAYBE

Thing is they listened to the "player base" when they made instances harder in Cata, they had to revert that change rather quckly as the majority of players hated the difficult instances..

Personally, i wouldnt want to play on a vanilla server. I would however love to have all raids tuned for maxlvl, with a proper, non-skipable progression

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    You guys remember back when what you did and who you sided with mattered, at least a bit?

Who worked on their Syndicate, Gelkis, Revantusk or Magram reps, hoping they'd end up useful for something? Who capped their Aldor or Scryers rep only to spend ages sacrificing that work so the other faction would like them again? Who snapped, betrayed and slaughtered the Oracles after finally getting that damn mount from them?

It made the game feel more like a world than a succession of raid tiers. Blizzard would NEVER put in a rep like the Bloodsail ever again if what you had to do to get their rep stopped that character from progressing through their precious Hero Factory.
    What are you talking about? There was more stuff like that in MoP than in any other expansion! (Havent played wod that much but I bet theres a bunch there too!)
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    Thing is they listened to the "player base" when they made instances harder in Cata, they had to revert that change rather quckly as the majority of players hated the difficult instances..

Personally, i wouldnt want to play on a vanilla server. I would however love to have all raids tuned for maxlvl, with a proper, non-skipable progression
    yea I remember the tears on the forums from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post

I remember factions (like retail) that you'd rep grind (like retail) to get gear/mounts/tabards (like retail), that had a pretend faction reversal where you would be attacked if you stepped into the very optional small zone (like retail, Bloodsail and Booty Bay). Bloodsail is still around so not sure about that arguement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Remember when a good WoW toon would sell for thousands? What would a decked out toon sell for now? $200 MAYBE
    Supply and demand. High demand for little supply in vanilla vs high supply and little demand in WoD. WoW isn't as popular as it was at its height of WotLK and easier to gear people up or buy runs thru heroics and Mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Like i say earlier large ammount of demand doenst make it good feedback, its only A form of feedback.

There is a REALLY large ammount people which think lfr is very good and even should drop mhytic gear. However only because a large amount people want this is not like its a great idea for the future of the game. Thats not an argument. Blizzard should look why people play a 12 old version of their game, take the good parts of the critisim, not the dumb parts (like back then classes was so difficult to play, which is the biggest lie i read on this forums to be honest), and aply it in the current game.
    I hear ya man, to be honest I wouldn't mind if they brought improvements to the retail version but as a long time WoW player it seems pretty obvious that won't be the case. The real money this day is in short games that are addictive with microtransactions, I got the vibes blizzard is pretty much putting this theory into wow, pretty much trying to get more money before it inevitably kicks the bucket, although I think if they brought back the principles that made it fun it would be a wiser move instead. Butttt.... it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. People are too accustomed to stuff like LFR, even though I think it bores the hell out of veteran players... even those who don't play very much. Ditto with stuff like flying or follower missions.

That being said I guess on this one you and me will probably have to agree to disagree, I do think that a vanilla server would honestly feel like a brand new game to a lot of the people, even those who actually did play vanilla back then. It's dramatically different from retail, and while it doesn't have all of the good changes, at the same time it has a lot of cool stuff that retail no longer affords. And I'd still be amazed if they did release the legacy servers, but at this point it's looking like it's a possibility lol, even if it's a pretty small one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    It's funny because decked out Nost toons were selling for $500 to $1k, sometimes even higher. Just because there were certain achievements that only a few could get (like warlord/marshall titles with the gear) and the pve gear was *way* more challenging to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    What are you talking about? There was more stuff like that in MoP than in any other expansion!
    No there wasn't. You didn't have to pick and choose which of the Tillers you wanted to side with; you ended up Best Friends with all of them. The Klaxxi liking you didn't piss the Shado-Pan off. Dragging the hozen and jinyu into the faction war, turning the Jade Forest into Vietnam, unleashing the sha and potentially condemning Yu'lon to death without a new jade statue to inhabit didn't make you persona non grata in pandaren society; you just got dropped off in Valley and told to play nice with the locals.

Vanilla had only the barest hint of some sort of consequences and the minor factions were never developed enough to make something of it, but at least it was something.

I wish we had some sort of defection system in the game for characters we'd like to have become part of those hostile factions; the Alliance and Horde are just too monolithic to have actual identity beyond each existing and expanding because the other exists and expands.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

So what is after Megathread?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellabel View Post
    So what is after Megathread?
    Obviously Gigathread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Yet asserts his opinion into everything and yells at people to shut the fuck up. Or are you stating that you are a troll and trying to bait people as much as you can?
    ??

He's said that plenty of times this thread, are you even paying attention?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is interesting to share: https://twitter.com/NostalBegins/sta...56214834819072

"Insulting the current state of @Warcraft is no way to get what you want. Remember that @NostalBegins @Grummz"

"@VanillaWarcraft @Warcraft @Grummz We never insulted the current @Warcraft, nor asked for changes on the current game."
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    Nah, don't think so. That would only result in an unprecedented PR disaster in a time they actually need it badly already.
    So what are Nost gonna say "Oh noes, Blizzard went through with their legal right to shit on us".

Yes the legacy crowd would be upset, but quite a lot of people would see it as justice. If I was Nost I'd probably be more in favour or mitigating the fallout and saving my hide; I'm passionate about WoW, but not "Go to prison for unpaid fines of millions of dollars" passionate.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I think this is interesting to share: https://twitter.com/NostalBegins/sta...56214834819072

"Insulting the current state of @Warcraft is no way to get what you want. Remember that @NostalBegins @Grummz"

"@VanillaWarcraft @Warcraft @Grummz We never insulted the current @Warcraft, nor asked for changes on the current game."
    Yeah, well, that's true. But why is that interesting?

They have clumped the few in with the many. If we used this same logic current WoW would be doomed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Yeah, well, that's true. But why is that interesting?
    I've seen it being repeated quite a few time through the thread. Thought it was pertinent to state back the fact that Legacy people are not people who want to destroy the current game.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    My experience...
    Most of the folks were not Min/Maxing on Nost.
    So a lot of different play styles were allowed.

Honestly, MC isn't hard. If you throw enough warm bodies with fire resist gear, you can beat the instance.
    You don't need to have everyone with an optimal build.
    Yeah as an aside I was curious how the "Raiding was stupidly easy in Vanilla omg 2 mechanic bosses" flew in the face of "Only 5 specs in the entire game were viable omg class balance"...

When is the announcement again?

Nope, just some of the fans of Legacy servers threaten and call everyone else stupid for having an opinion about it that doesn't completely support theirs.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen it being repeated quite a few time through the thread. Thought it was pertinent to state back the fact that Legacy people are not people who want to destroy the current game.
    Not too sure many, if anyone, has posted Legacy fans wants to destroy the retail WoW. Maybe stuff happening on Twitter since I really only follow the forums, but I haven't seen anything from Legacy fans suggesting to harm retail and I haven't seen any suggestion from others that that's what Legacy fans want.